Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ROFL! No suprise! Site crashed the first second after countdown hit 0!

2»

Comments

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by muffins89
    my planetside2 beta says unable to uninstall.  anyone have that problem?  or know how i would uninstal it?

If you are getting that error (1001). You want to first delete the Planetside 2 files themselves.. All of them and then go to the uninstall list again in Remove Programs..

It should just ask if you want to remove it from the list at that point it will be uninstalled

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Opapanax
    Originally posted by muffins89
    my planetside2 beta says unable to uninstall.  anyone have that problem?  or know how i would uninstal it?

If you are getting that error (1001). You want to first delete the Planetside 2 files themselves.. All of them and then go to the uninstall list again in Remove Programs..

It should just ask if you want to remove it from the list at that point it will be uninstalled

yep.  1001.  thanks!

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Coman

installing via Steam now. At least Steam knows how to run things.  3.5 MB/s downloading. :-)

With SOE you most likely stuck with awful download speeds anyway due to the sheer number of people hitting their download site.

500kb, started off at about 6-7mb/s. The SOE downloader is a lot faster.

it also strangly enough 500mb bigger then the one from SOE :? 

The SOE downloader is out of reach, as the site is unavailable, so you can't even get to the download link.

I must be trolling you the...right.

EDIT: download done and starting the game now using the same launcher. website is also online for me...

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    given the fact that the site is being battered atm its hardly suprising its crashed..impatient peeps..create an account on steam..you will have no probs d/loading
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

My friends all dl'ed from steam. I chose to wait for the real client. After about 20 min, I was able to start the dl via station. I'm already passed them in downloads.

SOE delivers.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by mmoDAD
    My friends all dl'ed from steam. I chose to wait for the real client. After about 20 min, I was able to start the dl via station. I'm already passed them in downloads.SOE delivers.
    That's most likely because of low traffic via SOE downloader, I had trouble getting on SOE's site so I went with Steam, less than half an hour left now (but my PC is running a system image back up atm).

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Took me a little over 30 mins to get it from steam!

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

i wonder when we hit the mainpage at the same time if there was a big bright explosion at SOE HQ building.

• FuuManChew35FuuManChew35 Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by biogerm
    Originally posted by FuuManChew35

Can you update the beta client to release version?

Ahh okay just saw they reply after I posted...that sucks you have to uninstall :(

again no.

look up 2 posts.

Look at my post I edited and said ahh okay just saw the reply after I posted...that sucks you have to uninstall, but you were to lazy to read my full post...

• PsyentistPsyentist Member UncommonPosts: 46

OP:  SO?

If youre going to post trolling bullshit like this, you might as well take your clown show over to /b/.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Psyentist

If youre going to post trolling bullshit like this, you might as well take your clown show over to /b/.

?? Why responding half a day later lol. By now it's fixed yes. /sigh

The site was unreachable by most for over 2 hours.

I tried via Steam, but when it was passing 30% the download rate dropped to a crawl.

After 3 hours I finally managed to get through the official site and access the official download link and started downloading the game at a more reasonable speed.

So after about 4-5 hours I finally managed to log in. But then it was already passed midnight here in the EU. :-(

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

I tried via Steam, but when it was passing 30% the download rate dropped to a crawl.

After 3 hours I finally managed to get through the official site and access the official download link and started downloading the game at a more reasonable speed.

So after about 4-5 hours I finally managed to log in. But then it was already passed midnight here in the EU. :-(

2 hours, you're kidding aren't you!?? A whopping 2 hours, that's outrageous, players should demand a refund for their purchase...

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by SysFail

2 hours, you're kidding aren't you!?? A whopping 2 hours, that's outrageous, players should demand a refund for their purchase...

LOL Well people will complain if god forbid, stuff like this happens, just tells you how popular the game is considering that the site was bombarded.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by Beanpuie
    i wonder when we hit the mainpage at the same time if there was a big bright explosion at SOE HQ building.
    That would be fun to mass send an email telling everyone to hit the site at a specific time, like that Chinese chain mail telling everyone to jump up in the air at a specific time.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by SysFail

Would not have happened if people were allowed to preload the client.