Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maybe ANET is being forced to make these changes?

xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Copied and pasted from the official forums. Maybe its not ANETs fault after all. If you know ANET's histroy, you know they would do something like this. Sorry if its a repost

Orginianally posted by <a "="" data-cke-saved-href="https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/members/ironzerg-3196"; href="https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/members/ironzerg-3196">ironzerg.3196

So, like many longtime fans, I was very disappointed with some of the new stuff that came our way in the latest update. I was angry at Arenanet, until a fellow guildie pointed out some very strange things in the Lost Shores update.

First, think of the name. Lost Shores. Lost. Obviously, many of us would agree that Arenanet is starting to lose it’s direction, but is that because they’ve lost control of their game? Keep reading.

Second, and I want to give credit to Maclav for pointing this out. Here are just a few “cries for help” in the latest update:

-A golem named BUY-4373 (4373 is a MS security error about remote attacks)
-An NPC named Subdirector Blingg
-A jumping puzzle named Under New Management
-A dungeon who’s anacronym is “Flavour of the Month”

Also, there’s now a position at Arenanet titled “Monetization Producer”, held by a person who was formerly a producer at Nexon. Nervous yet?

Finally, we have the Consortium, a new group of “traders” introduce to directly compete with the Black Lion Trading Company. We know that the BLTC has been Arenanet’s trademarked cash shop. Could the Consortium be a nod to Nexon coming in to take over?

Put on your tin-foil hats, folks. And maybe it’s time to level criticism where it’s really due.

EDIT: http://www.bizjournals.com/prnewswire/press_releases/2012/06/08/NY21443 – June 8th, 2012 Nexon aquires 14.7% of NCsoft, GW2’s publisher.

Games:
Currently playing:Nothing
Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Past games:
Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
Xpiher's GW2
GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
Warhammer - Xpiher

Comments

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

You...just..made...a...thread...some...minutes....ago....?

Seriously dude you should relax. You're starting threads that basically point to the same thing.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    There are solutions

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    What just happened?
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Stop spamming the forum just because you are mad at ANet.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    I for one would actually like to know more. He can spam all he wants imo.
  • AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

It does indeed look to me like some of the team aren't happy with the current direction their game is taking.

Given the response from the playerbase I think it's safe to say quite a lot of employees at ANet probably feel the same way, even if their managers don't.

Nexon's interference has been pretty obvious given the way the cash shop imitates their other games as well (lottery chests galore).

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Yes, I have seen these things on the main forums also. Makes me wonder sure, but to me it may be someone over interpreting the things. Also, there is another small thing I would like to point out: the Blingg dood says his objective is to "intimidate" some other Asura leader. :P 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

One of the more interesting posts of the day, even if mostly conjecture at this point.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by Alberel

It does indeed look to me like some of the team aren't happy with the current direction their game is taking.

Given the response from the playerbase I think it's safe to say quite a lot of employees at ANet probably feel the same way, even if their managers don't.

Nexon's interference has been pretty obvious given the way the cash shop imitates their other games as well (lottery chests galore).

nexon?

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

I doubt it. They might be recieving pressure for doing poorly from what they wanted out of their game in terms of profits, but thats their fault more so then thier publisher. The only reason a company would be pushed to change from a publisher is if they weren't making as much profit as was originally expected and desired for, with larger pushing only being emphasized more the worst off it is from originally projected.

Basically, the only way they would be forced to make changes would be if the game was doing poorly from what is desired.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by lotaparty
    Originally posted by Alberel

nexon?

If people would read threads BEFORE posting, we would have nicer things... Criminy, it's only 9 posts long before you posted.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Hi, 

You've been posting multiple threads that consist of this sort of conspiracy or negativity. While expressing negative opinions in itself is fine, creating thread upon thread is spammy.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.