Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They Shut Down the 11,000 Post Thread

MeleagarMeleagar Member Posts: 407

ANET didn't even respond in it to any of the issues/grievances.  No explanations, no reasoning, no assurances, nothing. Just shut it down, and at the same time I was temporarily suspended from the forum. I wonder how many other contributors to that thread were suspended from the forums?

I don't care who you are or how you feel about ascended, when a developer just won't respond to a 11,000 post thread with over 135,000 views showing no signs of ending and then just shuts it down, that just isn't right.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136

At this point Anet knows the event was FUBAR but have no plans to address any of the issues nor compensate anyone impacted. So they would prefer to ignore the entire thing and move on, hoping the players will do the same. Some players may quit the game but I don't think Anet really cares that much - they have the $ already. So maybe they miss some gem sales - I doubt it impacts them much as those remaining will likely offset this.

The bigger issue here is Nexon. We have now all seen how Nexon is going to influence the game and its not pretty. Even the Anet guys knows this stinks - their inside joke (the under new mgmt sign in the Lost Shores for example) tells its own story. I doubt they have full control of the franchise at this point.

So - after this giant cluster, and the addition of the infinite gear grind (Fractal dungeon) what does the future hold? As with TSW I believe the fanbois will stay with the game regardless of what happens while many others will jump to the flavor of the month game, whatever that is, in months to come.

The GW2 forums have shown themselves to be moderated by a group that has low tolerance for negativity (warranted or not, constructive or not) so its not surprising they nuked the thread.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

I don't play GW2, so dont know what happened, other than there was a one time event.

Are people mad because 

a. real life commitments prevented them from attending or

b. it was a terrible event

If its a. and people are upset about this, it comes back to 'this is why we cant have nice things'.  The stupid negativity over the first Rift world event being a one time thing ruined everything after. (though the fact Rift at the time couldnt, and probably still cant, technically handle such things might be the true ruiner)

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Originally posted by cptndunsel

The bigger issue here is Nexon. We have now all seen how Nexon is going to influence the game and its not pretty. Even the Anet guys knows this stinks - their inside joke (the under new mgmt sign in the Lost Shores for example) tells its own story. I doubt they have full control of the franchise at this point.

Can someone elborate on this?  What influence does Nexon have on GW2?  I know nothing about Nexon.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

what we had was an awesome event. was a one time event and the entitlement crowd that missed it are upset.

The great thing is. Alot of the bad apples will leave the game.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Originally posted by strangiato2112

I don't play GW2, so dont know what happened, other than there was a one time event.

Are people mad because 

a. real life commitments prevented them from attending or

b. it was a terrible event

If its a. and people are upset about this, it comes back to 'this is why we cant have nice things'.  The stupid negativity over the first Rift world event being a one time thing ruined everything after. (though the fact Rift at the time couldnt, and probably still cant, technically handle such things might be the true ruiner)

The thread wasn't about the event.  But my opinion of the event is that it would be better if they had phasing technology or at least utilized overlfows to mimic it.  What I mean is let people pick up the event late.  Heck let them do everything on the last day.  They just need to be in the proper phased instance of the zones to complete each part.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

What...11000 post thread are you talking about? The merged disconnect thread? the one at...1000 posts roughly?

Time for a link, please, because i see nothing on the forums and i've been waiting for response as well.

Where's your eleven thousand post thread?

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by Toxia

What...11000 post thread are you talking about? The merged disconnect thread? the one at...1000 posts roughly?

Time for a link, please, because i see nothing on the forums and i've been waiting for response as well.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Thoughts-on-Ascended-Gear-Merged-threads

11,084 replies, 137,074 views

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329

edited for insanity

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by greenreen
    Originally posted by killion81

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Thoughts-on-Ascended-Gear-Merged-threads

Aaaaand, those posts that show are the ones that weren't deleted.

You can see deleted posts by typing something into search (top right) while on the thread.

Type in for example "refund" and see some deleted posts.

You can also see some with "wvw" search.

Typing "kitten" also gives some deleted posts. (Kitten is their forum filter for bad words)

Wherever you see

(User was infracted for this post.)

on the right side, not only was the post deleted but the players given points that can result in an eventual forum ban.

Some of those deleted posts + infractions are crazy.  They are level headed, well thought out posts.  In the 'refund' search it looks like someone was even infracted for quoting and replying to (in ANets defense) another post that probably deserved to be deleted and infracted.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Hello, everyone:

It appears that most of the people who had an opinion about the issue have already voiced their thoughts.

The debate in this thread is becoming quite circular and the discussion has now run its course.

As such, we’re going to close this thread.

Please refer to the message from our Studio Design Director, Chris Whiteside, for our response to concerns about this issue.

Thank you all for your feedback and participation. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us.

Very last page of the thread.

But, hey, we all know Anet doesn't care.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Aaaaand, those posts that show are the ones that weren't deleted.

You can see deleted posts by typing something into search (top right) while on the thread.

Type in for example "refund" and see some deleted posts.

You can also see some with "wvw" search.

Typing "kitten" also gives some deleted posts. (Kitten is their forum filter for bad words)

Wherever you see

(User was infracted for this post.)

on the right side, not only was the post deleted but the players given points that can result in an eventual forum ban.

Some of those deleted posts + infractions are crazy.  They are level headed, well thought out posts.  In the 'refund' search it looks like someone was even infracted for quoting and replying to (in ANets defense) another post that probably deserved to be deleted and infracted.

Bingo.

That's just the way Anet handles forums and it's disgusting, I stated here i've been banned multiple times and the "fanboys" here say I probably deserved it. Offering suggestions is bannable under "trolling" apparently.

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Yikes. lol
  • FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by evolver1972

Hello, everyone:

It appears that most of the people who had an opinion about the issue have already voiced their thoughts.

The debate in this thread is becoming quite circular and the discussion has now run its course.

As such, we’re going to close this thread.

Please refer to the message from our Studio Design Director, Chris Whiteside, for our response to concerns about this issue.

Thank you all for your feedback and participation. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us.

Very last page of the thread.

But, hey, we all know Anet doesn't care.

Glad I wasn't the only one who saw a response because I was really confused. OP says they didn't given an explination and then I see one right there at the bottom.   Weird.......

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    I would to. What kind of sane people would go through all 11,000 whom basically say the same thing? Your individual opinion truefully doesnt matter,  it is just the whole... which I am sure they got within that 11,000 post thread.
  • snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Dont you wish Anet had a sub so you could "unsub" in protest?  Oh wait.  Yet again arnt you playing for "free" now that you have bought the game?  Your playing for free but trying to tell Anet how to run their game?  Dont you now wish you were paying a sub so you had some control over he developer?  Free things are better arnt they?

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by snapfusion

Dont you wish Anet had a sub so you could "unsub" in protest?  Oh wait.  Yet again arnt you playing for "free" now that you have bought the game?  Your playing for free but trying to tell Anet how to run their game?  Dont you now wish you were paying a sub so you had some control over he developer?  Free things are better arnt they?

Remember, these are the same people with 200+ hours invested... but of course its not like it cost them money to play those hours lol.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Originally posted by KingJiggly

Remember, these are the same people with 200+ hours invested... but of course its not like it cost them money to play those hours lol.

I swear, its so funny to see people get exactly what they ask for then complain about it.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by KingJiggly

I swear, its so funny to see people get exactly what they ask for then complain about it.

No one asked for a gear grind so I think you're seeing things.

ANet said they'd do one thing then did the opposite. Whether the game is free (which it isn't, we paid money for it and the service is included in the box price) or not isn't important. They lied, that's all there is to it.

The fact they don't even have the decency to apologise for wasting everyone's money is what's frustrating everyone.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Well you had to know they were going to tire of the nonsense eventually.  Threads only real purpose to was to let the natives vent their frustration, not much productive was going to come out of it.

Gameplay is changing?  Too bad, I'm sure somewhere in the TOS they've reserved the right to change the gameplay experience without notice.

Don't like it, don't buy another product from them, really all you can do because they already got your money this time around.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Originally posted by Epic1oots

Dont include me in your "everyone" I have no problem with what they are doing. /Cheers.

This.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

If you don't like what Anet is doing just spam their forums lol.

Continue playing the game and stop purchasing gems from their Cash Shops.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)