Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pay when flaming/badwords

PoufPouf Member Posts: 341

Would you play a game where it's in the contract that everytime you insult someone or talk like a moron you get charged 1$?

It's a simple question, but I would personally like that, trolls and flame are everywhere and since people are really against having to use your real life ID in games ( I can understand that ) having strict rules could maybe solve it.

I don't know how legal that can be tho.

Comments

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 606

Bad words sure, but charging based on someone being a moron would be hard to do, as the person who judges it may himself be a moron. It's a great idea, but utterly impossible to implement.

Edit: And yes, legally you could not enforce this in virtually every country. (At least ones with access to internet.)

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330
    Originally posted by Kazuhiro

Bad words sure, but charging based on someone being a moron would be hard to do, as the person who judges it may himself be a moron. It's a great idea, but utterly impossible to implement.

Edit: And yes, legally you could not enforce this in virtually every country. (At least ones with access to internet.)

No....just no. I swear like a sailor but thats because i grew up around it, but for flaming sure that would make more sense than for someone who says a word.

• atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234

Who decides what the "bad" words are?

How do you stop the puritans deciding "moist" is a bad word and fining people for discussing the attributes of cupcakes?

How do you police the guilds private voicechat servers which is where most swearing occurs?

Where do you draw the line between warranted criticism and trolling?

Simple Answer: Never, and I would actively use negative propaganda anytime such game was mentioned. The truth is I wouldnt have to though. Attach that system to any game and watch that game fail in record time.

• 8zero8zero Member Posts: 2
    Not a big fan of liberty are you? And why would you want to give a company that kind of control??
  • PoufPouf Member Posts: 341

Liberty is a big word haha. I do not want people to enter my place and eat my food that I worked to get because he is "free" to do so.

So going that way I also hate when someone is flaming you or telling you that you are a "freaking moron" over the internet because he knows he is invincible there.

So yea, I hate how people use "Liberty" everywhere to do as they wish with no goodwill.. I Hate liberty more than anything or also. If there would be camera in every house in the world, Yes i would loose some privacy and it would annoy me as hell. But if it could prefer deaths, rapes or watever It would be something I would accept.

Back on the topic, I was just wondering what kind of thing would stop flamers from flaming that's all.. It's not even personal, i'm rarely the one being flamed at, i'm good in video games, But sometime in games someone die once or twice and the flame already starts.. It is annoying and it breaks a lot of community

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Pouf

Would you play a gamer where it's in the contract that everytime you insult someone or talk like a moron you get charged 1$?

Don't play gamers, that's what EA does.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• PoufPouf Member Posts: 341
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by Pouf

Would you play a gamer where it's in the contract that everytime you insult someone or talk like a moron you get charged 1$?

Don't play gamers, that's what EA does.

Thanks, edited, sorry I do not write in english quite often

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by atuerstar

Who decides what the "bad" words are?

How do you stop the puritans deciding "moist" is a bad word and fining people for discussing the attributes of cupcakes?

How do you police the guilds private voicechat servers which is where most swearing occurs?

Where do you draw the line between warranted criticism and trolling?

Simple Answer: Never, and I would actively use negative propaganda anytime such game was mentioned. The truth is I wouldnt have to though. Attach that system to any game and watch that game fail in record time.

George Carlin.  Remember the 7 words you can't say on TV?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Hell no!  (whoops, did I just get fined?)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Boy if that isn't a scam idea if I have seen one.