Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ROFL! No suprise! Site crashed the first second after countdown hit 0!

JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

No suprise. This is when you force everyone to hit the mainpage at the same time to redownload the entire client.

Site already crashed hehe.

SOE at it's finest.

Comments

• Bombay1361Bombay1361 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    That's why I'm downloading through steam :)
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by JeroKane

No suprise. This is when you force everyone to hit the mainpage at the same time to redownload the entire client.

Site already crashed hehe.

SOE at it's finest.

Did it ever come up?  As soon as it hit zero the page just started to time out so I figured they where not ready to launch yet and didn't have a back up plan.

I was thinking a few days ago that if SOE puts a countdown timer on the page they better be ready to launch when the timer expires.  Figures they where not.

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

Yeah, it came up for me.  I made it to the login page but after I submitted it crashed.

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298

ROFL YOU'RE SO FUNNY AND WITTY.

God people like do my nut in.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

It seems to be even worse. Even SOE.com is down now. Hell, pretty much all their sites are hanging now.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

It happens - move on or wait.

What game didn't have this issue?

• EdelbertEdelbert Member Posts: 67

What a bunch of amateurs they are. Seriously who the hell launches a (F2P! which means even bigger demand) MMO with no preloading in year 2012?

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426
    I am downloading on Steam right now.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• FuuManChew35FuuManChew35 Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Diablo 3 Crashed on release, and plenty of other titles crashed on opening day, should be nosuprize here...has nothing to do with SOE, it happens to almost all big titles.

PLANETSIDE 2 IS CURRENTLY UNDER MAINTENANCE

Yes, you are in the right place!

Unfortunately we are not, but hope to be getting there very soon.
    Please check back later.

In the meantime you can check out the links below until we return.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    does the beta client not work?
  • biogermbiogerm Member UncommonPosts: 168

its up. 

only took them 5 min or so to get it back up so. itss all good :)

p.s : its a shame that they did not put like a nice flash animation when the timer run out but whatever. 

I 3930k -- Rampage IV Extreme -- G.skill RipjawsZ 32 GB -- Corsair Force Series 3 120gb -- G.skill Phoenix Pro 60gb -- WD 1 TB Black -- Corsair H 100 -- Thermaltake Level 10 Gt Snow Edition -- Corsair AX1200 -- Asus 560 Ti Sli -- Microsoft Sidewinder X4 -- Logitech G5 -- DELL UltraSharp 2007FP -- Samsung Syncmaster Sa700 -- Logitech Z2300 -- Logitech G35 -- Logitech G600 White -- coming soon : Dell U2711.

Originally posted by muffins89

no.

you have to uninstall it.

I 3930k -- Rampage IV Extreme -- G.skill RipjawsZ 32 GB -- Corsair Force Series 3 120gb -- G.skill Phoenix Pro 60gb -- WD 1 TB Black -- Corsair H 100 -- Thermaltake Level 10 Gt Snow Edition -- Corsair AX1200 -- Asus 560 Ti Sli -- Microsoft Sidewinder X4 -- Logitech G5 -- DELL UltraSharp 2007FP -- Samsung Syncmaster Sa700 -- Logitech Z2300 -- Logitech G35 -- Logitech G600 White -- coming soon : Dell U2711.

Originally posted by biogerm

its up. 

only took them 5 min or so to get it back up so. itss all good :)

p.s : its a shame that they did not put like a nice flash animation when the timer run out but whatever. 

Yeah it's back up with a UNDER MAINTENANCE message. lol.

• FuuManChew35FuuManChew35 Member UncommonPosts: 22

Can you update the beta client to release version?

Ahh okay just saw they replay after I posted...that sucks you have to uninstall :(

Originally posted by biogerm

no.

you have to uninstall it.

Originally posted by FuuManChew35

Can you update the beta client to release version?

Ahh okay just saw they replay after I posted...that sucks you have to uninstall :(

again no.

look up 2 posts.

installing via Steam now. At least Steam knows how to run things.  3.5 MB/s downloading. :-)

With SOE you most likely stuck with awful download speeds anyway due to the sheer number of people hitting their download site.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

I'm getting full DL speed through Steam (thank to multiple download locations to choose from).

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

installing via Steam now. At least Steam knows how to run things.  3.5 MB/s downloading. :-)

With SOE you most likely stuck with awful download speeds anyway due to the sheer number of people hitting their download site.

500kb, started off at about 6-7mb/s. The SOE downloader is a lot faster.

it also strangly enough 500mb bigger then the one from SOE :? 

my planetside2 beta says unable to uninstall.  anyone have that problem?  or know how i would uninstal it?
    Originally posted by Coman

500kb, started off at about 6-7mb/s. The SOE downloader is a lot faster.

it also strangly enough 500mb bigger then the one from SOE :? 

The SOE downloader is out of reach, as the site is unavailable, so you can't even get to the download link.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

my planetside2 beta says unable to uninstall.  anyone have that problem?  or know how i would uninstal it?
    Just go to c:usersPublic and delete the folder.

Originally posted by TeknoBug

Just go to c:usersPublic and delete the folder.

but then wont i still have the 7 gigs or whatever on my hardrive?