Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What keeps people playing this?

13»

Comments

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Zinzan

It's all about multiplayer, this game SUCKS ASS if you like solo play, it's designed around large scale warfare and lacks any of the elegance of PS1.

It's fun for about a week, then it gets extremely boring, extremely fast.

The skill level is way too low to keep players interrested long-term and the progression is a long drawn-out process.

This is one of the biggest disappointments in modern mmo releases for me and thats saying something!

Bull. And that's saying something.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

PS2 is more solo friendly than PS1, you can man a tank by yourself.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Torgrim

I've been playing ww2online on and off ince 2002 but sadly now It's pretty much dead.

I tried PS2 beta and was hoping for this would take over my ww2online addiction I had for so many years sadly PS2 just felt like BF3 on larger scale, to arcadish, felt kinda hollow and blend without no real depth, nothing really felt epic or worthwhile attacking or defending.

Maby I was to spoiled from playing ww2online for so long.

Like you I played ww2online for many years.  And it stopped feeling epic for me a long time ago.  But for me PS2 recaptures that epic feeling with the sheer number of people playing it.  I haven't seen armor columns this big in years.  Once squads get organized and people start fighting with coordination you'll see some strategy and depth. 

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by rendus
    Originally posted by Torgrim I've been playing ww2online on and off ince 2002 but sadly now It's pretty much dead. I tried PS2 beta and was hoping for this would take over my ww2online addiction I had for so many years sadly PS2 just felt like BF3 on larger scale, to arcadish, felt kinda hollow and blend without no real depth, nothing really felt epic or worthwhile attacking or defending. Maby I was to spoiled from playing ww2online for so long.
    Like you I played ww2online for many years.  And it stopped feeling epic for me a long time ago.  But for me PS2 recaptures that epic feeling with the sheer number of people playing it.  I haven't seen armor columns this big in years.  Once squads get organized and people start fighting with coordination you'll see some strategy and depth. 

We had ALOT of those in Planetside 1, VS coordinating a large scale raid on Ishunder for eg and it was unbelievable.