Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has the mass exodus begun for GW2?

Comments

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Server status indicates that Guild Wars 2 still has a very healthy population despite being out for quite some time. I have no worries whatsoever. However, then again, the tinfoil hat army may suggest that the server status indicators are being manipulated, but that just makes me laugh :D.

I'd agree that there are lots of people playing but it seems to be concentrated in the starting area and Orr.

Not much in-between which is making the leveling up process really painful. :(

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Originally posted by jpnz
    Server status indicates that Guild Wars 2 still has a very healthy population despite being out for quite some time. I have no worries whatsoever. However, then again, the tinfoil hat army may suggest that the server status indicators are being manipulated, but that just makes me laugh :D.

I'd agree that there are lots of people playing but it seems to be concentrated in the starting area and Orr.

Yep. Agree 100%. My wife and I are level 68 right now, in the Maerlstrom. We played for three hours last not and did not see a single player, not one. And we are on the Tarnished Coast, which is a very crowded server.

This is not the first night, nor the first zone this has happened to us either.

Lion's Arch is full of 80s. I am sure Orr is packed too, so where is everyone? I guess those folks who are supposed to want to level down and play through lower level content are not taking the bait, they are grinding in Orr or doing WvWvW. Made doing DEs in Maelstorm sort of difficult, and really kinda depressing. Even though I know it is not a dead game, it sure felt like it.

• mikecacklemikecackle Member Posts: 151

That's funny, i heard fanboys in chat stating all night how the overflow server is down to one, indicating the game is dropping players massively.

• mikecacklemikecackle Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by Naral

Yep. Agree 100%. My wife and I are level 68 right now, in the Maerlstrom. We played for three hours last not and did not see a single player, not one. And we are on the Tarnished Coast, which is a very crowded server.

Lion's Arch is full of 80s. I am sure Orr is packed too, so where is everyone? I guess those folks who are supposed to want to level down and play through lower level content are not taking the bait, they are grinding in Orr or doing WvWvW. Made doing DEs in Maelstorm sort of difficult, and really kinda depressing. Even though I know it is not a dead game, it sure felt like it.

Yup, I was struggling to find content at my level 40's.. I found one of those orange quest rings in my 40's area everything else i had done... So im like okay lets do it.. but no one was around... It was kill this boss mob.. which was 5 levels lower than me and 3 hit me to death....  Great concept... to level you have to do these public quests, but there is no public about....... cuz there is no point to questing in this game... horribad concept..

Not sure what people are finding in this game and how its so great.. i serious ask them why, they can only respond with trolling words back.. "you mad bro" "leave already" "you're doing it wrong"

Just looking for an answer.. I am a game analyst after all lol Doing it wrong, am i suppose to boot up 2 more bots behind me?

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

tl:dr

"I dislike the game so it must be failing/fails"

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I'm off to planetside. I liked gw2 but the gold cost of WvW, being forced to pve to pay for pvp and the recent caving in on gear to the "raid" crowd is driving me to a pure pvp game.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

This is THE major problem with most if not all themepark games, and even many "sandboxes" (and yes I use the quotes specifically).

Due to the RPG nature of the MMORPG, outleveling/out-skilling/out-usefullness of content is a given.

Only in a true MMO that makes the RPG part actually mean "Role Playing Game" rather than "stat pRogression Pseuo-Game" will you see a game in which all areas of the game are relevant to all players.

The down-leveling of toons in GW2 would be wonderful.. if there were anything to do in lower level zones/areas after you 100% them.

Don't need lower level crafting mats - don't need lower level mob resources (drops) - don't need lower level DE chains - etc. etc.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by BadSpock

This is THE major problem with most if not all themepark games, and even many "sandboxes" (and yes I use the quotes specifically).

Due to the RPG nature of the MMORPG, outleveling/out-skilling/out-usefullness of content is a given.

Only in a true MMO that makes the RPG part actually mean "Role Playing Game" rather than "stat pRogression Pseuo-Game" will you see a game in which all areas of the game are relevant to all players.

The down-leveling of toons in GW2 would be wonderful.. if there were anything to do in lower level zones/areas after you 100% them.

Don't need lower level crafting mats - don't need lower level mob resources (drops) - don't need lower level DE chains - etc. etc.

In that Case, BS, there ARE no true MMORPG's out there any more besides EVE (based on what you posted). That is fine by me. I played EVE for a bit and found it boring and unforgiving (I mean to noob players). A little give should be there to help the players get through at the beginning.

People always talk about 'permadeath'. I do wish they would have put the DP system from GW1 in GW2 - I makes it more in your face that you have died by less your less damage and HP.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

What I don't get, is how so many people saw this issue coming, as soon as we heard how DE's would work, long before the game released - but ANet didn't?  I remember discussing it, and saying something along the lines of how ANet seems to know what they're doing, and must have some sort of solution in place.  

Now, the game appears to be dying so soon, because of exactly this.  I don't know how they're really doing population-wise.  I don't know how many people come back and throw money at them during events, or how many people are hidden away in instances most of the time.  Technically, they might be doing just fine, so far.  Maybe even exceptionally well.

I just know that when I play, most of the time, on Henge of Denravi, the open world appears empty now, all the way up to Orr.  Every zone, from beginning to end, and I don't know how anyone can keep ignoring that.  Even if it isn't because the game is dying, it will certainly send it in that direction, as far as any hope of new players goes.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    PS2 coming today. Thats a real PvP Game. So pretty much you´ll will see a mass exodus today from some of the biggest PvP guilds on gw2. 
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    On my guild you can only find 5  guys per night, never more than that and there are several players who have not logged in weeks.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Aeolron
    Originally posted by Kuppa

Two people from my guild haven't logged on in a while, so ya the whole world has given up and mass exodus has begun.......

btw I saw two dead cockroaches the other day so they are definately going extinct.

If you saw two dead cockroaches the other day I would say call the exterminator and clean up after yourself LOL.

Two people in YOUR guild that doesn't play doesn't mean you have the ONLY Guild in GW2, apart that alot of people are no longer playing , and acounting from tons and tons of guilds , even on this site, that members are saying that hardly anyone is on anymore does kinda push the " Exodus" theory to liable, while thats good that there's only two people in your entire guild that no longer plays means that some people will find even the most boring games fun ! Just joking!

So you are saying that my two people account does not prove a mass exodus but your "tons and tons" and "alot" account does push the "mass exodus" theory to liable?? right....

These are views of former players and if you can't take that then why post? Hell if the theory of a max exodus does not exists , why are you here posting instead of playing?

Maybe you need to get off of your high horse and except that many people don't have your similar views , or mine for that matter.

Almost all the GW2 posts here, you have made it clear that you are a steadfast defender of the game ( which is a nicer way of saying " Fanboi"), while I applaud you , alot of people think other wise, no need to bash people based on their views, this is what they are seeing and I agree with them, and the reason behind the " Exodus" ? Because it's the same old same old tried and true mmorpg formula that was just copy and pasted so many times, does it make the game bad? No , but it lacks staying power, and with the dynamic events, hell Rift does a better job. Yet again, these are MY opinions and views, but if you feel the further need to bash or mock me again, go right ahead, because I'll just shoot back again with " My views , my opinions ".

Im not saying the game might not be going through "mass exodus", what Im saying is that people should have more concrete facts/evidence instead of "all my friends stopped playing" and "Ive seen a lot of people say they quit". It reminds me of news media, they sensationalize everything with no substance to back it up.

Originally posted by hikaru77
    PS2 coming today. Thats a real PvP Game. So pretty much you´ll will see a mass exodus today from some of the biggest PvP guilds on gw2. 

Really? i am not so sure. PS2 is m ore like a console game and people get bored of those fairly quickly. In my guild - we are split PvP and PvE - most of those people will play both. Many played the PS2 beta and where bored silly.

Again, we shall see.

People are doing to GW2, what people have done with WoW - 'This game will be it's demise! Just wait and see.' And, it never happens.....

Originally posted by hikaru77

PS2 is a great pvp game, but its a very different one as well. If its FPS pvp crowd we are talking about they probably already moved to the new COD, if its the massive pvp crowd many will go try PS2 out.  Still its an fps and many still want massive rpg battles. The good thing is they don't need to pay subs for any of those games!! image

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Two people from my guild haven't logged on in a while, so ya the whole world has given up and mass exodus has begun.......

btw I saw two dead cockroaches the other day so they are definately going extinct.

If you saw two dead cockroaches the other day I would say call the exterminator and clean up after yourself LOL.

Two people in YOUR guild that doesn't play doesn't mean you have the ONLY Guild in GW2, apart that alot of people are no longer playing , and acounting from tons and tons of guilds , even on this site, that members are saying that hardly anyone is on anymore does kinda push the " Exodus" theory to liable, while thats good that there's only two people in your entire guild that no longer plays means that some people will find even the most boring games fun ! Just joking!

So you are saying that my two people account does not prove a mass exodus but your "tons and tons" and "alot" account does push the "mass exodus" theory to liable?? right....

These are views of former players and if you can't take that then why post? Hell if the theory of a max exodus does not exists , why are you here posting instead of playing?

Maybe you need to get off of your high horse and except that many people don't have your similar views , or mine for that matter.

Almost all the GW2 posts here, you have made it clear that you are a steadfast defender of the game ( which is a nicer way of saying " Fanboi"), while I applaud you , alot of people think other wise, no need to bash people based on their views, this is what they are seeing and I agree with them, and the reason behind the " Exodus" ? Because it's the same old same old tried and true mmorpg formula that was just copy and pasted so many times, does it make the game bad? No , but it lacks staying power, and with the dynamic events, hell Rift does a better job. Yet again, these are MY opinions and views, but if you feel the further need to bash or mock me again, go right ahead, because I'll just shoot back again with " My views , my opinions ".

Im not saying the game might not be going through "mass exodus", what Im saying is that people should have more concrete facts/evidence instead of "all my friends stopped playing" and "Ive seen a lot of people say they quit". It reminds me of news media, they sensationalize everything with no substance to back it up.

What is it you need to see? What other method does a player require than to log in and see no one on his friends and guild lists to determine that no one he knows plays anymore? What more "substance" does one require than to log in and find oneself alone?

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

What is it you need to see? What other method does a player require than to log in and see no one on his friends and guild lists to determine that no one he knows plays anymore? What more "substance" does one require than to log in and find oneself alone?

There is a big difference from "no one I know plays anymore" and "there is a mass exodus". Its a matter of generalizing personal experiences which is essentially wrong.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

There is a big difference from "no one I know plays anymore" and "there is a mass exodus". Its a matter of generalizing personal experiences which is essentially wrong.

Sorry, misunderstood. And yeah, I agree, it's tough to justify that particular term.

Planetside2 does "WvW" better than gw2

Why?
    1 more of it
    2 real rivalry, you see player names, there are 3 different factions, you're not facing random red dude from that server you want play again for months.
    3 you're not forced to pve so you can pay for your pvp.
    4 truly persistent

Lol at "its a console game" comments.
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

Why?
    1 more of it
    2 real rivalry, you see player names, there are 3 different factions, you're not facing random red dude from that server you want play again for months.
    4 truly persistent

It is an FPS style game - you forgot and that is what many console games are.

if you like it great. But, let us give it a a week or 2 and I bet the hangman's noose will be out for this game too. It is all the new rage!!!

Originally posted by ShakyMo

Why?
    1 more of it
    4 truly persistent

1. It's actually all of it. That's basically all you do in PS2
    2. I agree, I would like to see names in GW2. I don't like the 3 faction approach only though, there will be a lot of imbalance. With 3 servers rotating you get matchmaking to kick in.
    3. You're not forced to pve in GW2 either, but its nice that at least the option is there.
    4. Hmm..isn't there some sort of timer/wipe that happens?

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    You are kuppa

WvW costs too much gold, you're forced into doing pve or using the cash shop to pay for it. You cant earn the gold to cover repairs and seige equipment through WvW alone.

Also its inadvisable to enter WvW until you have your elite slot, yeah you're not technically forced but you are cannon fodder unless you level in pve to 30 or so first.
  • cgniuscgnius Member Posts: 18

If you believe the Forums then Yes. However, I used to be able to get into Lion's Arch on my Server without being transferred to an overflow. Now every time I go there I'm in an overflow

I'm not giving a conclusion one way or the other as my Server may not be an accurate representation.

Kuppa also no its not on a weekly timer like gw2.