Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-Tera-Beta "You" something about Tera, what would y

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-Tera-Beta "You" something about Tera, what would you tell yourself?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

Something similar to:

Don't even bother trying the game. It's not what you are looking for. Combat is decent but that's it. The rest has no depth. Good game, but not for a player like you.

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495
    That the combat is fun for a while but using the same weapon and same skills forever gets old.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Originally posted by gordiflu

Something similar to:

Don't even bother trying the game. It's not what you are looking for. Combat is decent but that's it. The rest has no depth. Good game, but not for a player like you.

Basically this.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    "remember, you do no like Korean themes....stop looking at her cleavage.....you do not like Korean themes....stop looking at her cleavage".....something like that.
  • LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Go ahead and buy it, it will be fun for a while.

Don't invite your asshole friend to play with you, he will just ruin your time.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    I would tell myself that it was going to be the first true WoW killer, because it has such a masterpiece of an endgame.  Then six months later, I'd be laughing my ass off, at my own expense.  It would be awesome.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Tell my friends who enjoyed it in BETA not to leave because GW2 will let them down and then i'll be stuck playing TERA without them for no reason.

I also would have told myself not to leave for GW2 cause it would cause me to miss getting on a team for the BG tournament. c.c

And told myself to level a berserker because that shunned class would soon get buffed to ultimate success.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

"Yeah, best combat in an MMO you will see for sometime. Sucks it fell short in so many of the other areas huh?"

Yeah, just disapointment no other game stepped up with better combat yet. Damn you Tera, favorite combat system in an MMO hands down by leaps and bounds and you got to have such a weak questing system and just lag behind in to many areas. 

• enik3enik3 Member Posts: 37
    I would tell myself: "don't worry about pre-order bonuses because you will only play this game for about 10 hours before realizing that it's total rubbish."
  • JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257
    I wouldn't say any thing at first, I would just go up to my self destory my computer and then say... people like you shouldn't be allowed to play computer games. lol
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Start off on the pvp server, don't try to play both.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
    Wait one month and learn which class you want to play and can play well in the PvE server.   Then reroll in the PvP server with all you know now and stick to it. And sell all those runes. Sell em all.
  • GaoxinGaoxin Member UncommonPosts: 198
    The game will be as you expect it to be. Fun for 1-2 months and wort the 40 euro.
  • IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Originally posted by gordiflu

Something similar to:

Also: "IF you actually still end up playing it, take more screenshots of boobs and butts."

- because I can.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Not what you are looking for, go back to EVE for now.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KaiyeKaiye Member UncommonPosts: 31

"Are you sure you want to do this?"... followed by "Fine, go ahead, but realize that the enchanting system and crafting system are going to make you throw your monitor out of the window..."

But really, the game was fun and I enjoyed it fully besides the crafting which took like 400 of item X (which was typically hard to find).  As well as getting a weapon to +5 and farming for hours and hours to buy something from the AH in hopes of getting it to +6 only to have the item fail and all that time being wasted.  Most aggravating thing in the world.  I enjoyed the game so much that I even sent Enmasse a message via e-mail, chat support, and forums - telling them that several of my friends and guildmates were hitting the same issue and were planning on leaving.  Obviously, this wasn't to get them to change things right away but more of a notice on why several players had just recently unsubscribed.

Sad really, such an excellent game but it's faults were just too difficult to overlook for this player.

• postpwnpostpwn Member UncommonPosts: 87
    I guess people don't want to RP while freeaiming.