Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What non-MMO Are You Playing Right Now?

For me it would be Towns (PC), Tales of the Abyss (3DS), and soon to be Persona 4 Golden

Also, post your impressions of whatever you're playing!

Comments

• XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Legend of Grimrock.
  • Originally posted by Axxar
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Legend of Grimrock.

What do you think of XCOM so far?

• VorpalChicken28VorpalChicken28 Member UncommonPosts: 348
    Minecraft!
    “Nevertheless, the human brain, which survives by hoping from one second to another, will always endeavor to put off the moment of truth. Moist” 
    ― Terry PratchettMaking Money
  • ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495

Still playing Skyrim.. Lots of it.. And Might & Magic: Heroes VI.

XCOM looks terribly interesting though.

• Originally posted by theblurch
    Originally posted by Axxar
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Legend of Grimrock.

What do you think of XCOM so far?

It's great. Not perfect, but great. Very addictive and challenging on the higher difficulties. Already played well over 100 hours.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    World of tanks count?    Also. Xcom as well

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

I just started playing Skyrim again. I also reinstalled Colonization and have been having fun with it.

I was playing XCOM a lot a few weeks ago, but I haven't loaded it up since. Good game, but the lack of a highscore list really cuts down on the replayability for me.

• Originally posted by apocoluster
    World of tanks count?

It's not an MMO and not an RPG, so I would say yes.

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682

Legend of Grimrock

Painkiller: Hell & Damnation

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468
    Final Fantasy X. It is my favourite RPG of all time. I try and find others but they can never beat that feeling I felt when I played through it the first time years ago.
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Been playing Dishonored quite a bit as well as Borderlands 2 when I have the time / inclination (working retail this time of year is tiring).

Eagerly awating CBT3 of Hawken, so much so that I got my founder's pack for MWO refunded. It definitely nails the 'feel' of a mech game a lot better, and is much more fun to play. I'll definitely be putting a lot of hours into it.

• GrymGrym Member UncommonPosts: 301

TES V: Skyrim and reloaded Dragon Age: Origins with all the DLC.

For MMOs, been playing GW2 off and on... wife likes it better than I do.  Thinking about giving STO another shot. Really bored with most available games these days. 

(My son speaking to his Japanese Grandmother) " Sorry Obaba, I don't speak Japanese, I only speak human."

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

Empire total war, even though i love rome total war more. For some reason i keep getting drawn back to empire. Probably due to the huge map and tons of factions. Their trade system is nice also.

BF3 when i feel the urge to knife someone.

And reinstalled Dawn of Fantasy recently and giving that a second pass.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

Skyrim and Civ V.

XCOM looked interesting but still to expensive. I will wait till more DLC content is released and get a cheaper complete package then. Might take some time though.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Pathfinder and Ice and Fire, both PnP RPGs so they might now count but I am a RPG player.
  • Originally posted by dave6660

How are you finding it?

Also, is the AI still useless?

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Skyrim, Torchlight 2, minecraft, Xcom, terraria.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Oh also game of dwarfs and ftl.
  • JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Halo 4 and Deus Ex Human Evolution on XBox will be getting Assasin Creed 3 for PC when it releases

I miss DAoC

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

PS3 Red Dead Redemption.

PC Burnout.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• Dwarfman420Dwarfman420 Member Posts: 207

PC moded Elder Scrolls Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition.

Looks/play much better with all the mods & my goal is to beat that fully.

Then back to pc moded skyrim to fully beat down that before the xpac.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by Axxar
    Originally posted by dave6660

How are you finding it?

Also, is the AI still useless?

I like it so far.  I've only owned the game for a few days.  I've played a few exhibition games with different races with varyings results.  I settled on the Undead team and started a season.  So far I'm 1-1.

It's difficult to judge how good the AI is since I'm still new.  It does get some insanely lucky dice rolls.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• I remember in the previous editions of Blood Bowl at least there was little challenge for veteran Blood Bowl players from the AI because it played really dumb tactically.
  • Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330
    Originally posted by theblurch

For me it would be Towns (PC), Tales of the Abyss (3DS), and soon to be Persona 4 Golden

Also, post your impressions of whatever you're playing!

Im getting the premium collector's edition of P4: The Golden today at gamestop i cant wait hehe

Edit: For now im actually replaying Persona 3 FES