Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

FFXIV official translation live letter 4

drivendawndrivendawn montgomery, ALPosts: 1,249Member Uncommon

Comments

• drivendawndrivendawn montgomery, ALPosts: 1,249Member Uncommon
    I really like the part about the full active time events and that hamlet defence and chocobo esscort  will be that way as well.
  • DouganDouganDouganDougan MAdridPosts: 15Member

i hope they implement it decently, could be a great feature, and more if is used too to leveling.

Housing for Guilds seems so HUGE.. that tiny ant near these pillars is a character. 

And i like all these models, only i dont like the one that seems like a candy house lol.

Same here cant wait for beta invite.
  • MadnessRealmMadnessRealm Montreal, QCPosts: 2,716Member Uncommon

I really like watching  their Live Letters. Yoshi-P is fun to watch and listen to since he's really passionate about games (especially PvP games and the FF serie) and he's always struggling with the PR departement on what he can or cannot show.  They really do try to communicate as much as possible with the community so I have a lot of respect for them because it's not something most developers do , something SE learned the hard way, and they've been really upfront about it and trying to revive players faith in them (which they did gradually throughout the many patches for 1.0 and now do so through live letters).

I don't think I'll end up liking the end product though. I liked FFXIV, but ended up getting bored too quickly and setting the game aside only to come back once in a while after content patches to see how the game evolves. I'll be giving ARR a chance, but I don't have my hopes too high of liking it. Still, I really hope ARR is a success so that at least the 2 years of work and effort put by Yoshi-P and the developers don't go to 'waste'.

------
    Your daily dose of common sense since 2009!

I am cautiously optimisyic myself but if it sucks I will probably be off SE games for a while.
  • zevni78zevni78 grimsbyPosts: 1,133Member Uncommon
    This live streams are great, what a culture shift from Tanaka's day, even Wada is getting into it.
  • Vunak23Vunak23 In your house eatin'' your cookies, FLPosts: 635Member

I really hope this game does really well for SE. Its not very often you get any company, let alone a game studio put in the amount of effort they have to reproduce a product to please there fans/customers. 

I just don't want it to bite them in the ass, them having put in all this time and money to please there fans and it doesn't pay off. If it doesn't you can be sure it will never happen again for any game studio let alone SE. 

Lots of respect for SE right now and Yoshi-P

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• Sauteed_OnionSauteed_Onion Little Rock, ARPosts: 33Member
    Originally posted by Vunak23

I really hope this game does really well for SE. Its not very often you get any company, let alone a game studio put in the amount of effort they have to reproduce a product to please there fans/customers. 

I just don't want it to bite them in the ass, them having put in all this time and money to please there fans and it doesn't pay off. If it doesn't you can be sure it will never happen again for any game studio let alone SE. 

Lots of respect for SE right now and Yoshi-P

I hope Yoshi-P and crew can pull it off!