Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rampant banning!

Nsein1Nsein1 Member Posts: 20

wow, the most popular subject on the guildworlds forum is located in the support forum/account issues and it is titled Banned/blocked/terminated. 

The worst part is when you get banned/blocked/terminated you can't post on the forums so these are people with more than one account or are friends of someone who got banned.

Something inherently wrong with that in an mmo... I believe guildwars2's success has gone to the heads of the admins and they can ban for any or no reason now.

Comments

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

I highly doubt we need any more of these threads that report what's going on in the official GW2 forums, be it full of daisies or poo.

And yeah, sure....they just ban with no good reason. Power tripping et al.

• Nsein1Nsein1 Member Posts: 20

When there's a problem there's a problem. 

We can let those topics accumulate massive reply's to the point no one reads them, or we can allow people whom are just learning about gw2 see it in a fresh thread every day until the problem is fixed. But I agree, it is a beaten subject that likely won't be fixed for atleast a year or two until another game steals all the shinnies.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    I've been banned twice, I stopped playing GW2 shortly after anyways.

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

I wonder why...

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

I thought you got a refund.

What? I never asked for a refund, you're mixing me up with someone.

And to the person who said "I wonder why"

I was pointing out flaws in WvW and offering suggestions, my thread was apparently labelled as "trolling" which makes absolutely no sense, I sent them an e-mail asking why I was banned on two seperate occasions and received no response.

The other times we're for commenting in threads about orbs, hacking, culling, etc.

• Nsein1Nsein1 Member Posts: 20
    after 14 hours tech support sent me an email requesting my cd key, i sent it, a few hours later they reinstated my account and gave me a new password... first time in 20 years of mmo'ing have I been account blocked from a mmo, which also happens to be the last time it will happen to me by Arena.net. the game is dumbed down for the instant gratification and has a cash shop that lets you buy gold... two things I hate in an MMO
  • EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by Nsein1
    after 14 hours tech support sent me an email requesting my cd key, i sent it, a few hours later they reinstated my account and gave me a new password... first time in 20 years of mmo'ing have I been account blocked from a mmo, which also happens to be the last time it will happen to me by Arena.net. the game is dumbed down for the instant gratification and has a cash shop that lets you buy gold... two things I hate in an MMO

I'm confused, am I reading that you basically fought to get your account back, only to turn around and say you aren't playing the game anymore?  If so, what's the point in getting your account back, trying to sell the account?

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Originally posted by Emeraq

I'm confused, am I reading that you basically fought to get your account back, only to turn around and say you aren't playing the game anymore?  If so, what's the point in getting your account back, trying to sell the account?

Seeking attention. He's having a tantrum right now and will trash GW2 and ANet any given chance. Never mind if it's such a cliche and all.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381

If you didn't know what Guild Wars 2 was going to be, you really weren't paying attention. 

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

why do I have this feeling that you've never actually played the game?  And why is it that I have this feeling that I've read your posts under another alias? BTW, welcome to mmorpg.com. I'm sure that I will value each of your opinions equally as the first.

That being said, I don't mean to come across like I have any sort of bias to people that would buy a game with features that they hate, and then end up with the account of said "hated" game banned, and actually put out the effort to get their account reinstated so they can play this game that has "hated" aspects to it.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by KhinRunite

I highly doubt we need any more of these threads that report what's going on in the official GW2 forums, be it full of daisies or poo.

And yeah, sure....they just ban with no good reason. Power tripping et al.

They genuinely do ban for no good reason. If you go into any of the more popular threads (particularly the 11,000 post outcry over ascended items) and search the thread for common words the results will display some as 'infracted' which allows you to see deleted posts that posters were punished for. A LOT of these posts have nothing wrong in them AT ALL.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Look, we KNOW Anet is heavy with the banhammer, we've had many threads pointing this out recently.  Personally, I don't give a crap, but I do wish people would stop clogging the forums here with posts on here whining about it.  It's not as if we could do anything about it even if we all cared.
  • korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

I thought you got a refund.

What? I never asked for a refund, you're mixing me up with someone.

And to the person who said "I wonder why"

I was pointing out flaws in WvW and offering suggestions, my thread was apparently labelled as "trolling" which makes absolutely no sense, I sent them an e-mail asking why I was banned on two seperate occasions and received no response.

The other times we're for commenting in threads about orbs, hacking, culling, etc.

So you were actually exploiting. That explains it.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------