Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

See This is Funny....

TalintTalint Member UncommonPosts: 168

I'm sitting here at work, bored out of my mind.  I finished all I had to do within the first 30ish minutes of my 5 hour shift.  I decided to peruse the forums and look for trending topics.  I thought to myself, oh Darkfall released I'll check that out to see how it's doing (I never want to see a game/company fail)

I saw it got pushed back and read some posts about people bitching, and saying how they failed, etc.  What made me laugh about this is that those would be the SAME exact people bitching / complaining that the game wasen't complete, was bugged, clunky, etc.  You can never please idiots it seems.  Either you push a game back a litle to make it better, and people bitch and complain and moan, or you release a game early, and it's buggy and people bitch and complain and moan.

Funny....

Non sibi sed patriae

Comments

• SeronysSeronys Member UncommonPosts: 51
    see you wanna know whats funny, is that if AV simply stated, darkfall will be out on decemeber 12th (hell january for all i care), in the first place people wouldn't give a shit then. but since this shitty ass company has lied it's ass off, and has the worst track record of customer service, ofc people are pissed.
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Seronys
    see you wanna know whats funny, is that if AV simply stated, darkfall will be out on decemeber 12th (hell january for all i care), in the first place people wouldn't give a shit then. but since this shitty ass company has lied it's ass off, and has the worst track record of customer service, ofc people are pissed.

yea Av is the only company to miss release dates. i dont think they lied just change of plans to much

• GenadiGenadi Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Originally posted by Seronys

If missing release dates pisses you off so much maybe video games aren't the best hobby for you. Either that or get real used to it, same thing happens with movies. Can't blame a company that wants to ensure a million+ dollar product is working as intended.

• SeronysSeronys Member UncommonPosts: 51
    See i don't think your getting it, i can almost guarantee that this company KNEW this game was not going to come out on Nov. 20th, i dont know if you played df1 or know anything about AV, but they are the absolute worst company(bet everyone that has knew this wasn't going to come out on Nov.20th), that just happend to come across the best idea for a game. It literally took several months to get BLATANT lag switch hackers banned, they've screwed people out of accounts, there was a period where accounts were getting hacked, AV did nothing about it, i didn't play at launch, but i've heard the dreaded stories of how total crap it was back then as well. I have minimal respect for them simply because they gave me an awesome game to play, but they are soooooooooooooo bad at customer service it's not even funny. I'm actually surprised that df1 owners are going to be getting df2 free of charge even though they previously stated we would, even when they posted about it, they made it seem like they were losing an arm or something.
  • AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by Talint

I saw it got pushed back and read some posts about people bitching, and saying how they failed, etc.  What made me laugh about this is that those would be the SAME exact people bitching / complaining that the game wasen't complete, was bugged, clunky, etc.  You can never please idiots it seems.  Either you push a game back a litle to make it better, and people bitch and complain and moan, or you release a game early, and it's buggy and people bitch and complain and moan.

Funny....

You know....it took what...8 years for AV to release DarkFall 1.0. They were many, many delays and yet the game still launched broken as hell. I don't even need a crystal ball to know that, no matter how many times AV delays DFUW, it's still going to be broken as hell. Why? Because AV doesn't fix issues, they put a band-aid over it and hope it holds.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm

Funny....

You know....it took what...8 years for AV to release DarkFall 1.0. They were many, many delays and yet the game still launched broken as hell.

It took 5 years, and it was broken for about 7 hours, and that's about it. Unlike most MMOs at launch, I could actually play Darkfall without running into any problems.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

See there are two types of DF player...or i guess i could say "gamer" and take a broad swipe here.

One doesnt take hype or dates seriously. Prefers a game to be delayed rather than sticking to deadlines with major flaws in game ect.  These people knew AV wouldnt make their first and probably second-5th deadline for the game.  Its how AV works.  Ill be shocked if the game is launched before feb 2013.

Then theres the other half.  Company is shit if they dont make deadline and company is shit if the do and the game isnt flawless.  If the game makes the deadline, is flawless, theres rage that they didnt add player housing or ball room dancing.

Let the kids rage.  DF 1.0 survived years with under 10k players, last thing we need is the wow/gw2 kids comming here and trying to get this game to evolve into a pointless DE spam instanced battleground with no risk type game.

Oh also, if your one of those wierdos who plays games based on a development companies community managment, PR, and interactions...rather than the game being unique and fun...stay far...FAR...away from this game and AV.  You will be sorely dissapointed and since you play games based on community spooning youll have little to reason to stay long here.

Remember, what was broke in 1.0...they fixed it...it took several years of no communication and no in game patches...and they had to wipe everyones accounts and call it a new game...but they did it...so expect the same for when they need to fix whats wrong in 2.0.  5 years and a wipe.  Oh and a few vauge posts and community updates.

Thos who want a hard game, with risk, in an enviroment absent of wow kids...will put up with this for eternity...we have no choice.

Originally posted by Crunchy222

See there are two types of DF player...or i guess i could say "gamer" and take a broad swipe here.

One doesnt take hype or dates seriously. Prefers a game to be delayed rather than sticking to deadlines with major flaws in game ect.  These people knew AV wouldnt make their first and probably second-5th deadline for the game.  Its how AV works.  Ill be shocked if the game is launched before feb 2013.

Then theres the other half.  Company is shit if they dont make deadline and company is shit if the do and the game isnt flawless.  If the game makes the deadline, is flawless, theres rage that they didnt add player housing or ball room dancing.

Let the kids rage.  DF 1.0 survived years with under 10k players, last thing we need is the wow/gw2 kids comming here and trying to get this game to evolve into a pointless DE spam instanced battleground with no risk type game.

Oh also, if your one of those wierdos who plays games based on a development companies community managment, PR, and interactions...rather than the game being unique and fun...stay far...FAR...away from this game and AV.  You will be sorely dissapointed and since you play games based on community spooning youll have little to reason to stay long here.

Remember, what was broke in 1.0...they fixed it...it took several years of no communication and no in game patches...and they had to wipe everyones accounts and call it a new game...but they did it...so expect the same for when they need to fix whats wrong in 2.0.  5 years and a wipe.  Oh and a few vauge posts and community updates.

Thos who want a hard game, with risk, in an enviroment absent of wow kids...will put up with this for eternity...we have no choice.

they dont delay more than once ussly with concrete dates

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337

Are you implying whining about a bugged game being substitued by a failed launch date is any good? This is why companies should not set dates they know they won't reach. "Winter 2012" would of sufficed. Now the company looks bad to people or unorganized.

Before you flame me understand I am too busy with work IRL to truly be the person sitting here cying about a game I can't play. It doesn't harm me either way because I would have limited play time even if it was released.

Originally posted by Celusios

Are you implying whining about a bugged game being substitued by a failed launch date is any good? This is why companies should not set dates they know they won't reach. "Winter 2012" would of sufficed. Now the company looks bad to people or unorganized.

Before you flame me understand I am too busy with work IRL to truly be the person sitting here cying about a game I can't play. It doesn't harm me either way because I would have limited play time even if it was released.

av isnt the only one that misses dates or has to delay for peets sakes its only 3 weeks like the first 1

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    im confuzed at why ppl are getting mad at this? I for one am happy! Hell i would give them untill next year...more time for them to fix the bugs and such...ppl just need to grow up and stop wanting things RIGHT NOW! 
    Originally posted by Arcondo87
    im confuzed at why ppl are getting mad at this? I for one am happy! Hell i would give them untill next year...more time for them to fix the bugs and such...ppl just need to grow up and stop wanting things RIGHT NOW! 

yea it is true good things come to people who are patient

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

Funny....

You know....it took what...8 years for AV to release DarkFall 1.0. They were many, many delays and yet the game still launched broken as hell.

It took 5 years, and it was broken for about 7 hours, and that's about it. Unlike most MMOs at launch, I could actually play Darkfall without running into any problems.

Sorry thats BS pure and simple the game was broken for months while hackers speed hacked, and floated away with ships etc. Perhaps you should do some research before you start spewing such lies.

Not its not a big sutrprise to anyone that followed Df and its severaldelays for over 5 years that DFUW is delayed, only the Clueless newbies that haven't bothered to do any research actually believe aventurine would make their projected Nov lauch. Only question now is how many more delays will DFUW go through?

Originally posted by winter

Funny....

Sorry thats BS pure and simple the game was broken for months while hackers speed hacked, and floated away with ships etc. Perhaps you should do some research before you start spewing such lies.

Not its not a big sutrprise to anyone that followed Df and its severaldelays for over 5 years that DFUW is delayed, only the Clueless newbies that haven't bothered to do any research actually believe aventurine would make their projected Nov lauch. Only question now is how many more delays will DFUW go through?

it wont go through anymore delays concrete  dates  they dont miss to much. its alot like there first release. but should be much better this time around since its an upgraded df1. i hope they at least runa stress test tho ><. and hackers isnt a buggy broken game hackers are hackers its a diffreant matter

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Funny....

1) DF took longer than 5 years.  AV wasn't the original developer, they purchased the studio that was originally making the game after it had already been in development a couple of years.  It took AV 5 years to finish what was started, and in that time they weren't able to make the original game they purchased. 

2) 7 hours!?  Wow...that's...crazy.  You didn't play DF at launch, stop lying.  They NEVER fixed the game, and the lag issues weren't fixed for SEVERAL WEEKS.  If the game wasn't broken by hour 8 they wouldn't have said it wasn't possible to fix the frigging game without making an entirely new one. 

Seriously, this revisionist history some of you come up with is just hilarious. 

Edit:  Seriously, this 7 hour comment is almost as funny as the posts one guy kept making about how the game was such a smashing success that they started on a sequel a year after it was released. 

Originally posted by Uhwop

Funny....

1) DF took longer than 5 years.  AV wasn't the original developer, they purchased the studio that was originally making the game after it had already been in development a couple of years.  It took AV 5 years to finish what was started, and in that time they weren't able to make the original game they purchased. 

2) 7 hours!?  Wow...that's...crazy.  You didn't play DF at launch, stop lying.  They NEVER fixed the game, and the lag issues weren't fixed for SEVERAL WEEKS.  If the game wasn't broken by hour 8 they wouldn't have said it wasn't possible to fix the frigging game without making an entirely new one. 

Seriously, this revisionist history some of you come up with is just hilarious. 

Edit:  Seriously, this 7 hour comment is almost as funny as the posts one guy kept making about how the game was such a smashing success that they started on a sequel a year after it was released. 

they lag issues where from the 1k vs 1k battles that was going on that we never got to test in beta so give them a break

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by Raxeon

they dont delay more than once ussly with concrete dates

You havent been following this game since 2004 and playing it since 2009 i take it.

Look i support this game but to stand there and say AV is like concrete with dates is downright fraudulant.

Its a fun game with zero competition from other developers (like MO which is in perma alpha or dead games), while it is the most playable, complete and fun version of this type of game out...the development company changes their story, ignores the community, and gives extremely vauge info as to not upset people when they change their minds.

Im actually shocked they gave a specific date, not so much they had to push back.  I would expect something like "Darkfall 2010" which never happend...well turned into unholy wars i guess.  My bet is the game will get one more pushback with a more general date like Q1 2013...thats more AV's style...not this "Nov 20th" exact date thing...that was kinda new and shocking that they gave specifics.

Anyway ill be there when the game launches, im expecting a lot of old issues and new ones to exist.  I expect the game to launch no earlier than feb 2013, and im hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

Funny....

Darkfall took 8 years to make.... Get your facts straight....

Originally posted by SirFubar

Funny....

Darkfall took 8 years to make.... Get your facts straight....

i think they remade it hence the 5 year thing

• LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93
    after DarkFail 1, it doesn't surprise me
  • RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Two sides of the coin in this thread.

I don't trust AV to hit release dates or deliver this redesigned DF. Do I hope they prove me wrong? Of Course.

The track record shows what sort of game this will be though, that includes dates missed / bugs / lack of sand / etc.

I'll still play, but I'm going to be damn critical of it since this has been promised since 2009. Df 2010 anyone?

Originally posted by Redemp

I don't trust AV to hit release dates or deliver this redesigned DF. Do I hope they prove me wrong? Of Course.

The track record shows what sort of game this will be though, that includes dates missed / bugs / lack of sand / etc.

I'll still play, but I'm going to be damn critical of it since this has been promised since 2009. Df 2010 anyone?

Uw is more than what df2010 would have been

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Based on the mounds of data we've had the chance to see? Perhaps its based on the multiple user based reports coming from closed beta testing? Gameplay videos? Developer feedback?

Yeah .. I hope it is too ;  but I'm not going to go into it with my pants down and a tramp stamp of a target.

Based on the mounds of data we've had the chance to see? Perhaps its based on the multiple user based reports coming from closed beta testing? Gameplay videos? Developer feedback?

Yeah .. I hope it is too ;  but I'm not going to go into it with my pants down and a tramp stamp of a target.

if oyut hink they havetn dont anything since 2010 then that is a mistake : /

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

post of the month award!

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !