Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF a low-spec MMORPG

Michael87CNMichael87CN Member Posts: 4

Games I've played and enjoyed/subscribed to for years:

EverQuest 1

Phantasy Star Online (Dreamcast version)

Final Fantasy XI

World of Warcraft

Non-MMO games styles I enjoy:

RPG, Sandbox, Action(FPS, single player only), Strategy (Starcraft/Command and Conquer)

Some examples of games I still play to this day:

Diablo 2, Torchlight 2, Minecraft, KotoR1&2, Fallout1/2/3, Morrowind & Oblivion (cant run Skyrim :(), System Shock 2, X-com UFO Defense & Terror from the Deep, Terraria

I'm getting a bit tired of these and looking for a new game (to me) that requires similar System Requirements. To give you an idea of what I'm using to play:

Windows 7 Home edition 64-bit

AMD V140 Processor 2.30 GHz (single core)

4GB DDR3 RAM

AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 (its an onboard chip, not a real video card)

I don't mind turning settings to the bare minimum to play, and a frame rate of at least 15 is fine for me.

Games I've tried and didn't stick with:

LotR Online

Eve Online

City of Heroes/Villains

Age of Empires online

Runes of Magic

Ryzom

Allods

Runescape

Maplestory

and some others I can't recall at the moment.

Please help me find a new game that my computer can run, thank you!

Comments

• MMObroMMObro Member UncommonPosts: 97
    back to wow it seems
  • Michael87CNMichael87CN Member Posts: 4
    Ignore this post.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Rift.  will rin on low spec.  and has a free trial,  so you dont have to commit right away.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

High production value, medium requirements, LOTRO comes to mind.  AOC on lower settings should do pretty well also.  It runs fair on my laptop which is much lower spec'd than your machine.  The only issue is slow zone load times, but I think that's mostly the slow HD in the laptop.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Michael87CNMichael87CN Member Posts: 4
    Sorry, I forgot to include that my system has a single core processor. Rift asked for a dual core at minimum, and LotR is one of the MMOs i've tried, ive added it to the list as well.
  • sertioussertious Member Posts: 29

Not entirely sure if it'll run on your machine.  But have you tried Aion yet?  It's by NCSoft and it's f2p.  My laptop isn't the greatest around but on low settings I run 30-40fps in the outside world however in one of the main cities i'll drop as low as 16-17 (But used to that from vanilla'ish era of WoW when Stormwind/Orgrimmar used to bog down any system).

Pretty good game imo so far.  My highest character is 17 and just ran my first instance(it was a solo instance but still fun), has player housing, crafting, pvp, pve.  Give it a try or check the site out:

na.aiononline.com 

And if you want a general idea on games and if they'll run on your system systemrequirementslab.com will give like I said a general idea.  Some games it's told me will run and don't run too well.  But gives you an idea anyhow. 

• atticon40atticon40 Member Posts: 33

You could always check out this list i'm doing on Free MMORPG Games.  

http://www.squidoo.com/free-mmorpg-games-list

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Based upon your stated specs, especially your limited RAM/Graphics assets,  I would recommend GW 1.  I understand that there are a sizable amount of people still playing, buy I'll leave the research to you.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    HKO  >^.^<

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin