Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has the mass exodus begun for GW2?

Comments

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904

I was told to come to this topic since a discussion I was actually interested in was locked.  This discussion looks pretty bad so far though.  "Mass Exodus"??  

IT'S FREE TO PLAY ONCE YOU BUY THE BOX...anyone can go back and play the dang game anytime they want....there is no such thing as a Mass Exodus when this is considered.

The Mass Exodus IS occuring in the MMORPG world as a whole though and GW2 is one of the reasons why.

• rdrakkenrdrakken Member Posts: 426
    Have not noticed a drop in population on Northern Shiverpeaks and the only times I noticed complaining is from someone getting their butt kicked by a fast respawn, not being able to keep up with zergs in high level zones or about gold spam/bots...oh and getting ganked in PvP which is jumping like mad.
  • GurstenGursten Member Posts: 5

I'm not leaving...yet. That's all I care about.

In my guild we've lost a few but more people joined in so it's equal thing. 

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Well the wife and I haven't played GW2 in months , seems almost my entire guild is gone last time I went to check it out.
  • Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Aeolron
    Well the wife and I haven't played GW2 in months , seems almost my entire guild is gone last time I went to check it out.

My whole guild quit as well.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    All my friends quit within the first month.  So I'd say so!!!
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Two people from my guild haven't logged on in a while, so ya the whole world has given up and mass exodus has begun.......

btw I saw two dead cockroaches the other day so they are definately going extinct.

Originally posted by Kuppa

Two people from my guild haven't logged on in a while, so ya the whole world has given up and mass exodus has begun.......

btw I saw two dead cockroaches the other day so they are definately going extinct.

If you saw two dead cockroaches the other day I would say call the exterminator and clean up after yourself LOL.

Two people in YOUR guild that doesn't play doesn't mean you have the ONLY Guild in GW2, apart that alot of people are no longer playing , and acounting from tons and tons of guilds , even on this site, that members are saying that hardly anyone is on anymore does kinda push the " Exodus" theory to liable, while thats good that there's only two people in your entire guild that no longer plays means that some people will find even the most boring games fun ! Just joking!

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

If you saw two dead cockroaches the other day I would say call the exterminator and clean up after yourself LOL.

Two people in YOUR guild that doesn't play doesn't mean you have the ONLY Guild in GW2, apart that alot of people are no longer playing , and acounting from tons and tons of guilds , even on this site, that members are saying that hardly anyone is on anymore does kinda push the " Exodus" theory to liable, while thats good that there's only two people in your entire guild that no longer plays means that some people will find even the most boring games fun ! Just joking!

So you are saying that my two people account does not prove a mass exodus but your "tons and tons" and "alot" account does push the "mass exodus" theory to liable?? right....

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    It already happened a month after release.  Right now events are minimizing it though as people can come back for a day or two a month.  ANet is trying to address this with asceended gear, but it's causing many people who stayed to get annoyed.

So you are saying that my two people account does not prove a mass exodus but your "tons and tons" and "alot" account does push the "mass exodus" theory to liable?? right....

These are views of former players and if you can't take that then why post? Hell if the theory of a max exodus does not exists , why are you here posting instead of playing?

Maybe you need to get off of your high horse and except that many people don't have your similar views , or mine for that matter.

Almost all the GW2 posts here, you have made it clear that you are a steadfast defender of the game ( which is a nicer way of saying " Fanboi"), while I applaud you , alot of people think other wise, no need to bash people based on their views, this is what they are seeing and I agree with them, and the reason behind the " Exodus" ? Because it's the same old same old tried and true mmorpg formula that was just copy and pasted so many times, does it make the game bad? No , but it lacks staying power, and with the dynamic events, hell Rift does a better job. Yet again, these are MY opinions and views, but if you feel the further need to bash or mock me again, go right ahead, because I'll just shoot back again with " My views , my opinions ".

• Flaming_MMOFlaming_MMO Member Posts: 137
    Glad I never bought it.
  • SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Glad to see that some people leave. We will maybe have a decent community filled with people who really love the game for what it is. Not that community filled with MMO hoppers and people who just like to compain all the time instead of learning to play the game and be good at it.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Cant say I notice any less people, in fact it looks like more in some places than anytime before besides the first 2 weeks.

But some middle ranged zones have few players in them, that is however the cases with most games a few months after launch.

A mass exodus is always possible but it havnt started yet, I never seen so many players in the game as it was this sunday, and that includes the first week. While the weekends event were rather weak before the final event was epic, my thief werent in the same spot a second for 2 hours and 20 mins, my fingers still hurt.

People have talked about the game being as empty as TOR here the last 2 months but I frankly cant see it on my server at least (Seafarers rest). Then again, Far Shiverpeaks must have taken a turn for the worst, we are up against them right now and totally beats them, something impossible just after launch.

My guild is actually growing slowly, and we are basically just my friends and their friends. Some people doesnt play as many hours as they used to the first month, others actually play more.

I myself play as much as ever, but I been playing more PvP now than I did the first while. I still play mostly PvE and are leveling up 2 alts at the time while saving gold for my cultural armor and doing some lower level zones at times with my main for 100% completion. My guild have started a bit on the new dungeon as well but we are trying to find a good day to play it a whole day, some of the people usually works night.

I dont think there will be a mass exodus at all, but more people will drop in and out. I played GW on and off for more than 5 years and I assume I will take breaks myself for a month or 2 eventually. I dont see it happening for a while though, my guess is that I stay away from computers altogether this summer and spend a month up north staying at some friends.

No MMO near release seems very interesting to me anyways, even if I will check out NWN, I think it will be until WoDO and Class 4 releases that I will truly try something new. Well, Imight check out AA too. But GW2 is the most fun I had in a MMO for many years, at least 10.

• MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316

Someone had posted a thread asking where people were planning to go after quitting GW2 over the new patch.

Some of them listed FPS games. Many others listed other MMO's that have a gear grind. That makes me question the validity of the gear grind argument.

Personally I plan on playing GW2 until TES Online comes out. And then I will split my time between the two games.

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

Can't beleive this thread has grown the way it has, but I just wanted to clerify for some why myself and a minority are jumping ship to due to this new implimentation.

Orange gear (exotics) where pretty much the end gear. This gear is realtivily easy to get or buy on the open market and was the end gear of guild wars2.

Legendary gear - was never really gear, they should have said "legendary skins" what people don't understand is legendary gear never had better stats, it was just a skin. Yes, that's it, all the grind for the look. Now the dev (one is saying it) is acting as legendary had higher stats in her statements , making issue of "well we will just raise the current stats to fit the items tiers better" and all wording basicly in the idea legendaries had a unique higher stats to them from the begaining , which of course, they never did.

So basicly our old progression which was descent to reach as a casual player in a few months was...

4 STEPS

Fine

MasterWorks

Rare

Exotics / Legendary Skins (same stats of exotics)

Is now...

6 STEPS

Fine

MasterWorks

Rare

Exotics

Ascended 

Legendary (with new stats to be added)

So really the issue is, the grind it will take to reach these end items are crazy to begin with, but as mentioned by others and the linked thread, we where never suppose to have this grind it was the foundational ground work given by the devs in many postings, reviews and more on how guild wars 2 would break that mold.

While this is now not true, this is our issue. It is again everyones own choice to make, but don't think they didn't add any progression grind to the game. They just made it x10 worse. If you know what it takes to make a legendary you would agree.

However, it's up to you to decide if it matters to you or not. For me, it defintiily does, this will in the end effect WvWvW in a large way and I play that part of the game more then any other part. So for me there is no choice. Alas is this a mass exodus as I thought it might have been?

Won't really ever know till later and it was (when I posted this) at the time, a question of "did they really just do this ? Something they said many times over they would never do?" Actually it was more of a shock to me then anything, as I do feel a bit missled on what I bought.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I bought the game for the WvW. I found it  simply awful(micro size maps ,24/7 zergs,points awarded on timers  like some dumb kidde pvp game). I have no motivation to pve(which is pretty good) since I know  when I level to 80 the WvW mess that awaits.

I play to pass the time only.....and wait for ESO.

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 619

Def not seeing an exodus over Ascended items. Sure theres alot of whining and complaints, but for every 20 people that say they are quitting because of it, only maybe 1 of them actually does quit. People just like to be heard, its a cry for attention, but they dont have any real desire to actually leave. 

Every server still is full at peak times, and even when i play lower level alts, the zones are still populated with other players, even if they are just playing alts as well. WvW is alive and well, and now that the transfers arent allowed every day, the servers have even started to stabilize, and theres hardly any "bandwagoners". 

If anything i think the game is in a stronger place than it ever was. The community is really starting to develope, and with new paths for progression people are finding more and more to do at level cap. It only makes the game better, and theres room for them to add more Ascended items (currently theres only 2), and even more Legendary items. With monthly content being added, this game is only going to grow. And lucky for those players that do quit, they can come back and play the new content (because most will regardless of what they say in forums)

• SleepyfishSleepyfish Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

I bought the game for the WvW. I found it  simply awful(micro size maps ,24/7 zergs,points awarded on timers  like some dumb kidde pvp game). I have no motivation to pve(which is pretty good) since I know  when I level to 80 the WvW mess that awaits.

I play to pass the time only.....and wait for ESO.

Agreed all PvP is a useless dps zerg and the supposed hybrids are not diverse enough. I could care less what other people Do I left becuase pvp is boring as hell, I could barely keep myself awake to rank 35 hoping the pvp patch would bring some diversity to the pvp, but what did we get, gear grinding. I have been around long enough to know a lost cause when I see it. If you reward bad decisions they will keep making it and ignore the concerns of the player as long as they keep playing they will just offer the carrot of future improvements.

• mikecacklemikecackle Member Posts: 151

tried to boot up this game again today... made it to level 50 somehow.. tonite i made it to 53

I seriously had a miserable time, many of the storyline quests I did tonite.. so stupid... they're attack, go save the warden who is pinned down.. so you run odwn there.. its an undless spawn spot, that has nothing to do about fighting, in fact you can die and die and die and die and die and lose all armor and die and die and die but just run there and press F. the quest goal is to rez the warden.. or whatever.. lol, it was so phoney, i start to notice how phoney the combat is, like so phoney like the new FPS call of duty games, where you seriously dont even have to fire except at cut scenes. you idle long enough you get thru the quests..

Heck i think i was getting quest rewards for plaecs i was not even involved in.. gold medal.. WTF?!?!

i think they even scale the combat based solely on your stats and has nothing to do with level or stat of mob.. every fight takes the same amount of effort to kill, no away around it.... move 100 feet same thing

rinse repeat... slash my fooking throat already please.. boredom

all i do is walk around pointing out how bad this is and how bad that is.. and how people can even boot this game up after a month..... amazing to me

Game does not reward player whatsoever

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by mikecackle

tried to boot up this game again today... made it to level 50 somehow.. tonite i made it to 53

I seriously had a miserable time, many of the storyline quests I did tonite.. so stupid... they're attack, go save the warden who is pinned down.. so you run odwn there.. its an undless spawn spot, that has nothing to do about fighting, in fact you can die and die and die and die and die and lose all armor and die and die and die but just run there and press F. the quest goal is to rez the warden.. or whatever.. lol, it was so phoney, i start to notice how phoney the combat is, like so phoney like the new FPS call of duty games, where you seriously dont even have to fire except at cut scenes. you idle long enough you get thru the quests..

Heck i think i was getting quest rewards for plaecs i was not even involved in.. gold medal.. WTF?!?!

i think they even scale the combat based solely on your stats and has nothing to do with level or stat of mob.. every fight takes the same amount of effort to kill, no away around it.... move 100 feet same thing

rinse repeat... slash my fooking throat already please.. boredom

all i do is walk around pointing out how bad this is and how bad that is.. and how people can even boot this game up after a month..... amazing to me

Game does not reward player whatsoever

I haven't returned to this thread in awhile, but glad someone else noticed what I saw also.

The story quests are a bit annoying and silly, more than anything.  Start with an army, fight, fight some more, the army dies, you die, you res then beat down the forces some more.  Die again, beat them down a little more, Die again .. over and over, until all the enemy forces are vanquished, and you are the savior!  Your whole army was dead most of the fight, but miraculously, they are now alive, upon your victory.  Auto-res FTW.....

What a sense of accomplishment!

Yay?

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456

This:

Originally posted by botrytis

People who say, 'I uninstalled and there are people that have left' are just wanting to have validation for their decision.

Obviously.

And the people who say "I uninstalled" but still post here almost daily weeks after having said that... are even worse.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

This:

Originally posted by botrytis

People who say, 'I uninstalled and there are people that have left' are just wanting to have validation for their decision.

Obviously.

And the people who say "I uninstalled" but still post here almost daily weeks after having said that... are even worse.

How about the people like me who have not uninstalled, but are just waiting for a reason or motivation to log back on ...

I check these GW2 forums for a compelling reason ...

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

This: Originally posted by botrytis

Obviously.

Or how about people that have/had a lot of respect for ANet and enjoyed the game so much, they never wanted to be forced to leave the game. I know the analogy stinks, but that would be like having a really good time with your gf or bf and after a couple of weeks the other one is doing something you don't like at all for no apparent reason. You want to revert to the old blissful state, try to talk to her/him, try to convince not to that (whatever it is) and are then sad that all your talk had no effect at all.

People are getting loud because they care so much about this game and don't want it to change so much. Calling it whining would not do it any justice, calling it complaining would. Complaining is one way to show you don't like something and want to change it for the better. The other way is probably more effective and called speak with your wallet. People don't always want to do the last immediately and hope for a change by complaining. Don't disregard people with valid reasons.
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Server status indicates that Guild Wars 2 still has a very healthy population despite being out for quite some time. I have no worries whatsoever. However, then again, the tinfoil hat army may suggest that the server status indicators are being manipulated, but that just makes me laugh :D.