Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreedMonger Reaches their kickstarter goal. 17 days still remain

ShadowhellzShadowhellz Member Posts: 16

First of all Congrats to the devs of GreedMonger, as making that kickstarter goal is a great feat.

So now that it's met the minimum, any guesses on how many stretch goals you think they'll make?

Comments

• RheanonRheanon Member UncommonPosts: 130
    I think they'll make most of them if not all.  Given the game's features and following, there is no doubt in my mind that it will be a great success.
  • JamesPJamesP Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Thanks guys! We couldn't have done it without our Quickly growing community! I think I can safely say that we have one of the best, most mature communities of any MMO in development. Even during some heated discussions recently this community showed for the most part just how mature they are! You guys are great!

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    wow i didnt even know about this game...a crafting based game with a hint of survival? sounds liek a seller to me!
  • RheanonRheanon Member UncommonPosts: 130

Yep, we all feel as you do.  The official site has loads of info.  Head over there and read all about it :)

http://www.greedmonger.com/

• blognorgblognorg Member UncommonPosts: 643
    I hope they make all of their stretch goals. All of the enviroments they'll add look great.
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Now it remains to be seen what they can deliver with just 30k USD (or whatever their final result will be) :)
  • MogusMogus Member Posts: 169
    Oh just wait...it's going to be pretty exciting.

www.greedmonger.com
    Did you like Ultima Online? Then you'll LOVE Greed Monger!

• rfendtrfendt Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Originally posted by tom_gore
    Now it remains to be seen what they can deliver with just 30k USD (or whatever their final result will be) :)

They are not using Kickstarter to fund the game. The game is already funded, they are using KS to guage the "hype" and to see how large/many climates they need.

Looks to be a great game if they can pull it off.

• Spider3Spider3 Member Posts: 33

I had no doubt founding was going to succeed ;)

all the GM community is getting very excited, and every day new stuff are coming out. Not only discussions, but also preview, screenshots, concepts...it's getting every day better and better! This is the time we will receive a WORLD and play happy in our sandbox, I feel it :P

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Gave my $50 pledge....  These are the types of games we need to see and I look forward to more information.
  • MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    Originally posted by Rheanon

Yep, we all feel as you do.  The official site has loads of info.  Head over there and read all about it :)

http://www.greedmonger.com/

->

Dev Controlled Monsters

• Beware, you may fall upon a developer controlled God that can either take your life or reward you well if it falls.

WHY have I not seen this as a feature in other mmorpgs?! image

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by MumboJumbo

Dev Controlled Monsters

• Beware, you may fall upon a developer controlled God that can either take your life or reward you well if it falls.

WHY have I not seen this as a feature in other mmorpgs?! image

It is in other MMOs. It's just kept to a minimum because it almost always leads to conspiracies of favoritism or other tinfoilhattery. It will be exceptionally interesting to see how it plays out once real life money is involved. :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Sauteed_OnionSauteed_Onion Member Posts: 33
    Woot, congratulations guys!
  • SlechtvalkSlechtvalk Member Posts: 33

Wow,

should have been a dream come true. A non pvp driven sandbox.

What i read about it sounds good, let it come reality and if you remain true to oneself, than you got me.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

I am still waiting for the first successfully funded KickStarter game to actually be finished before I lay down any more money using this model.

TBH, it seems to me that a lot of game makers are trying to cash in on the kickstarter craze before the reality hits people. And reality is that many of these games will fail to even be completed.

But good luck to these guys, and good for them they reached thier goal.

• fernetekfernetek Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by hfztt

I am still waiting for the first successfully funded KickStarter game to actually be finished before I lay down any more money using this model.

TBH, it seems to me that a lot of game makers are trying to cash in on the kickstarter craze before the reality hits people. And reality is that many of these games will fail to even be completed.

But good luck to these guys, and good for them they reached thier goal.

While I completely agree that there's going to be alot of vaporware in the coming months, there is alot of good stuff too. A good example is Chivalry, which got its funding from Kickstarter and just had an amazing launch.

Can't blame ya though; I'm waiting on another video or two before I lay down my green, just in case :S