Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost Shores Event Phase 2 (Zerg to a new tommorrow)

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

Zergfest

As the title suggest that's exactly what happen a big zerg train steamrolling across the lost shores. I know I'm very late on this but I didn't see a rush to put up this video. During it no one seemed to like it and it was pretty uninspiring. But I got messages not to exclude it so here it is.

Comments

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by Silentstorm

Zergfest

As the title suggest that's exactly what happen a big zerg train steamrolling across the lost shores. I know I'm very late on this but I didn't see a rush to put up this video. During it no one seemed to like it and it was pretty uninspiring. But I got messages not to exclude it so here it is.

Orr 2.0
     (LF BLINX GROUP!) 

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065
    I actually found the zerg train in the new zone kinda fun, because for one it didn't lag like the Phase 1 zerg and there were certain Karka that would completely wipe out the zerg with one ability (the ones that roll around). And was pretty funny to see people fall or get stuck, when the bridge was being built. image

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Veteran Karka are pretty good enemies for zerg events because, unlike Risen, they don't die in a second and have AoE attacks that hurt a lot.
  • GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

The mobs in LS actually have anti-zerg mechanics. Karka cannon balls that down all the players around them for example.

Last night was the only time really that zerging PVE was actually fun. Once the zerg settles down it will be more like usual, but this is PVE, what more do you want.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Scalpless
    Veteran Karka are pretty good enemies for zerg events because, unlike Risen, they don't die in a second and have AoE attacks that hurt a lot.

I would say challenging for zergs, highly challenging for groups and very hard for soloplay.

People need to cooperate to get anywhere, thats what any mmo was missing, but then the naysayers call zerging uninspiring.

I had great fun doing those event chains on the island in small medium and larger groups.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    It's a 25 minute vid and I wouldn't want to watch something I can play but did anyone see if he fought the Champion Karka? That thing can wipe brainless zergs clean off the map.

This is not a game.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by Greyhooff

The mobs in LS actually have anti-zerg mechanics. Karka cannon balls that down all the players around them for example.

Last night was the only time really that zerging PVE was actually fun. Once the zerg settles down it will be more like usual, but this is PVE, what more do you want.

Don't know a little more challenge in gameplay? 

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Didn't try it, but that video sure makes it look like a zerg.....<yawn>
  • ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298
    What the hell are you expecting with hundreds of people around?
  • ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Originally posted by Whitebeards
    Originally posted by Greyhooff

Don't know a little more challenge in gameplay? 

When you put so many people against a target, it would be easier to take it down but when you watch the vid. You'll notice that people were still dieing to the mobs even with the amount of people attacking it. So it's not that they don't have challenging gameplay, it's that more people were there to put things down.

I fought the Champion Karka with about 8-10 people, it was a death fest. And like I said, a zerg would get wiped by that thing.

Also, the guy who made the vid calls the event a zerg fest but, at the end of the vid, when he's faced with a challenge he turns tail and runs. I call that hypocritical.

This is not a game.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Sciva

Yeah, I guess GW2 proved that having hundreds of people in a battle just reduces it to that.

I like the game, don't get me wrong, but these big battles, the dungeon experiences.... they just really didn't think those things through very well.  I guess they were too busy trying to be "different."

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

Hey Zero you nubcake you realize i was trying to get somewhere not fight right? What would be the point of fighting 1 mob for 10 minutes when your trying to record a event? You can see me try to test the gun and ended up with the veteran karka. How about you post a vid of you soloing one. Then come on these forums and talk some smack. It's common sense to not fight a fight you know isn't in your favor. Normal mobs can kill in that zone veterans 1 shot you. And Champions barrel roll 20+ people to death. Ofcourse I'm not going to waste my time or viewers time fighting things I shouldn't.

It's called zerg to a new tommorrow because that is exactly what happen. We zerged open all the points in the map. 

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

it was a zergfest...

but a zerg was needed to drop all those karka

I enjoyed myself

You really needed a zerg for part 3 today. I would of put that up but at the end of the event it crashed the zone effectively jipping all of us out of the ending. And screwing up the video I was recording because fraps crashed too. And I couldn't recover the file it was unreadable. The event is a one time thing so I'm pretty much assed out on footage of it and the chest from dropping the ancient karka.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Shocker! As in not really. Thats just what such a set up promotes. When groups are trivial and its free pickings, it makes a zerg the only logical and easy thing to do. Follow the group, press 1, afk until boss is dead. Rinse and repeat.
  • MadamefateMadamefate Member Posts: 171
    Originally posted by Zeroxin

Also, the guy who made the vid calls the event a zerg fest but, at the end of the vid, when he's faced with a challenge he turns tail and runs. I call that hypocritical.

You never went to Lost Shores have you? Why would someone recording the event fight a veteran monster AWAY from the event? Those things take forever to kill and the loot isn't worth the time. Hun come out into the zone before you start judging people ignorance isn't pretty.

• rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188
    I was doing it event on the overflow, with like 60-70 ppl...and guess what, Champion Karaka just wiped us all...it was the first wipe i ever experienced in this game. Not cuz of lag, cuz there was no lag, but cuz of our badness :)
    I'll pass on the 3rd event now even if its repeating. We did that even for 2 hours and it cheated everyone out of the loot at the end.
  • rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Well i lost the internet at the end...it was like 10-15 minutes left, so i got no loot...but guess what...I'm not crying, cuz loot means nothing to me, everything i expect from games is fun, i had fun so im satisfied ;)
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by Sciva

Yeah, I guess GW2 proved that having hundreds of people in a battle just reduces it to that.

I like the game, don't get me wrong, but these big battles, the dungeon experiences.... they just really didn't think those things through very well.  I guess they were too busy trying to be "different."

Oh stop it you know we can't have these things in a CORPG

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

The 3rd event was done better the zergs actually got owned with NPC strats. Like we over extended and mobs camein behind us and we got barrel roll ambushed which was hilarious. Also npc's having higher ground using mortor attacks was good design. The problem was when you make 100+ people load a cut scene no server on the planet can handle that. Atleast none made right now that should of been cut out and we wouldnt of had the crashes at the end of the event.
  • UthraxUthrax Member UncommonPosts: 20

I thought it was fun as hell. I had a group of 3 friends, and we kind of hovered around and ranged/ress'd. We're relatively lower levels so jumping directly into the mix wasn't working too well. We complained of the 'zerg' at first, but after a while there was just this weird flow of people working together to accomplish the tasks at hand. It was a very strange and fun experience we thought; get that a lot with this game.

And seeing 30-40 people get steamrolled by a giant rolling crab was friggin' worth the $60 alone...lol.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

The battle was fun actually.

The only real thing they needed to make sure worked properly would be the rewards system at the end. 

The drops were horrendous. Who in the world at level 80 needs a rare level 39 item???? seriously, a little code to make sure level 80 items dropped for level 80 toons wouldn't have hurt.

• antonatsisantonatsis Member Posts: 109

i found it quite fun....people were chating(the dead ones :P )and jokes with the word Kraka was all around for the whole 2 and half hours it laster :P even thought we were zerging it,it was the first time i actually saw such dedication to raising alies and trying to do a fight.Plus the whole idea of that ancient dude and hwo we actually killed him was quite good

it went something like this

Rig his cave with explosives.Find the boss.Atack it with enviroment(taking down a tree on it)keep fighting its adds(him being the big daddy and all he was calling for his kids)pushing him back to the riged cave.Survive the reinforsement part(which was the extreme but hey we were taking head on a patriarch of a speicies)keep atacking him with enviroment(geysers with rocks and those natural gas places)and eventually leading him to his nest to take him down and hold him till we blow the place up(and have him drown in lava) :P 

• antonatsisantonatsis Member Posts: 109
    Originally posted by itgrowls

The battle was fun actually.

The only real thing they needed to make sure worked properly would be the rewards system at the end. 

The drops were horrendous. Who in the world at level 80 needs a rare level 39 item???? seriously, a little code to make sure level 80 items dropped for level 80 toons wouldn't have hurt.

the majority had lvl80 items as far as i know,we were even comparing them.