Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support class? mmo?

fitzzerlefoufitzzerlefou Member UncommonPosts: 22
I was looking for a mmo that have a real support class, who can buff/debuff/heal, the only game that I found to have some support class in in Wizard101, I love how support works in this, but I am looking for another game who use support class, I dont care if its p2p or f2p, just trying to find somethings :( I love playing support in group.

Comments

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Dungeons and dragons online could be well worth a shot.
  • KilraneKilrane Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Aion has two support classes and they're pretty awesome if that's the sore of role you want to play.

I prefer the Enchanter, lots of buffs/debuffs and some heals. The cleric is more about healing with some buffs/debuffs.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    You can make support builds in tsw.
  • UgediBugediUgediBugedi Member Posts: 14
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
  • jawalijawali Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Rift - you can build your own support class 

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468
    Eve Online, they are always looking for Logistics and Command Ship pilots, or even a strategic cruiser could have gang boost modules.

Where's the any key?

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Obviously the game itself would have to be something you are really into but even though I haven't played it lately (sadly my rl gaming bud who I played it with passed away recently curbing my passion to play) Lotro has some of the most unique support classes around. Burglar, Captain and Loremaster offer interesting choices without being just simply direct healers (which they certainly aren't). My favorite is the Loremaster which the game still supports (not as much are before sadly) the 4th debuff/cc option most games either forget about or completely ruin. Pets in lotro still off unique reasons to choose between more so than just added dps.

Vangard also has great choices but the game is rather sitting on the edge of obscurity. TSW has options to build one but little reason to impliment them in game. Rift (when I played it) was pretty much "play a particular build or go home" which didn't include much support.

My eyes are currently firmly focused on Archage and their unique system also allows freedom of choice in character planning. I just truly hope they give reason for support which is often extremely hard for open ended character system games to preserve.

You stay sassy!

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Second for Rift. Support classes are even a part of the dungeon finder; there is always a support class chosen, it's required. Groups don't go off raiding without a support or two either. You can make your own up and there are some really dedicated ones like Bard, Tactician, Archon and Warlord. But almost every soul has something that can add to a support build.

Plus, when queuing as support you tend to get in dungeon finder groups a lot quicker.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.