Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which is the most annoying type of player in a themepark mmo?

maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511
A poll.

Comments

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

I voted Other because The Chat Flooder wasn't discriptive enough. It should have been:

Forum Warrior and In-Game Chat Flooder.

All the idiots who can't shut the f#ck in game about every subject and debate that comes up in forums.

Every single other option is what makes up an on-line game. As long as the player is focused on the game itself all is fine ... even if they are total and complete jackasses. Nothing is worse though than dozens of players not even playing the game yet spamming every channel with stupidity and  not only breaking the 4th wall but shattering it, picking up the pieces and cramming them up every other player's sphincter when all they want is a chance to play a game without enrolling back into the grade school social scene.

You stay sassy!

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Other, because of missing options:

The one who thinks themepark is better than sandbox.

The one who hates housing.

The casual ultra casual.

The zerger.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Other - The Judge

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

I can't choose.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Rude players. No quastion about it.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506

"The Casual Ultra Casual"

LOL. I don't think I've ever come across this in an mmo.  Does this person only play for an hour a week?  why do they even play MMO's at all?

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Racist redneck morons.
  • defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469

the loot thiefs

i cnt use the term ninjas cuz are good guys

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • The nerd-rager.
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    I don't know why it irks me but people who insist on jumping everywhere.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    I voted other but then realized that what I was typing would belong in the nerd rager category. I hate those guys.
  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by FromHell

The casual ultra casual.

The zerger.

this for me as well

People that hate housing are just like people that hate dogs or cats. no real reason for there hate. just haters.

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511

The poll can have 10 options at most, so is inevitable to miss some options. Vote "other" if is the case.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by immodium
    I don't know why it irks me but people who insist on jumping everywhere.

I voted "The leaver" because there is nothing more irritating then getting halfway through a dungeon run only to have the MT or healer leave. 

Then I read your comment...and they are pretty darn annoying too.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

The casual ultra casual.

The zerger.

He said THEMEPARK - we are not talking Sandbox.

Can we add an option: The player who thinks there opinion is more important and doesn't stay on topic. 

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    There is a special Hell for afk'ers right along side people who talk in the theatre.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

The dungeon rusher, rude, nerd-rager... really just one type.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by xAPOCx

The casual ultra casual.

The zerger.

this for me as well

People that hate housing are just like people that hate dogs or cats. no real reason for there hate. just haters.

i love housing and cats and hate the dogs

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • RossbossRossboss Member Posts: 240
    I picked "Other" because my option wasn't up there. Not a very common person but when you deal with them, it's like dealing with a child in a state of constant tantrums. "Vendetta Fiend" aka the person who thinks you wronged them (you probably were doing a quest or something normal) and decides that they are going to do everything in the game to make you quit. Those guys are the worst.

I played WoW up until WotLK, played RoM for 2 years and now Rift.
    I am F2P player. I support games when I feel they deserve my money and I want the items enough.
    I don't troll, and I don't take kindly to trolls.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Person that thinks leveling 1-10 in a day is to slow and everyone should be max in a few months. Or the game is to hard make it easier.
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

The frequent AFKers do get on my nerves.

The nerd ragers are great comic relief.  Make fart noises on comms after their tirades, it really pisses them off.

The new loot systems are making ninja looting impossible.

I can't get mad at new players, we were all there at some point.

The worst are the beggers.  These useless bipeds epitomize laziness.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    I voted Other. The most annoying type of player would be the MMO hoppers. Those are the real plague to the genre. They are never happy about anything, they buy every single MMO at release even when the games clearly aren't made for them, they rush to end game and then they QQ non stop about how the end game is lacking or how the game is bad. It's because of them that we nearly only get WoW clones since WoW, the best part is they QQ about that exact fact and yet they buy the games every single time. If only those people would wake up we would maybe have more decent MMO's to play.
  • YaoimanYaoiman Member Posts: 51
    The ones that want it to go F2P. Those people are the worst, and they're so ignorant too.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives only one.

We will always remember your sacrifice, Louisoux!

• SephastusSephastus Member UncommonPosts: 455

Other: - The Elitist

Those that claim to know, and many times do know, the entire game, and treat the game more like a job instead of an entertainment.

All the catagories apply to "The Elitist", except "the noob". I would much rather group with a new player willing to have fun, than an elitist that looks down on everyone else.
  • rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188

I would say non of this from the list, but i have my own type.

The "hardcore" player aka idiot. I hate those types of players with a massive ego, who treat other players like garbage. This type of players poison every game community with their pseudo inteligent philosophy of them beeing hardcore cuz of their rating, gear or type of game they play (especially ppl who played old games like Ultima, EQ, who consider themselfs as a better category of players than nowdays gamers) or sandbox'ers who thinks only sandbox are true MMOs and someone who thinks otherwise is casual piece of shit. In most cases they act like stupid children that at all costs must prove how "pro" they are.