Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2's Epic Special Event

13»

Comments

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719

There was no LAG, stop spouting non-sence lies, ...

I didn't even get fps drops in phase 3 like i did in phase 1, ... it was perfect, ...

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

I did some recent ping trace and my lag could have partially been due to my ISP having one router dropping 25% of the data going through it.

I do understand how frustrated people can get with Events like this.  When things are not going well, people do have the tendancy to vent, when aggrivated or frustrated.

As I said, I chose not to partake except one dungeon run (fractals) when I timed out. It does happen.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by 13lake

I didn't even get fps drops in phase 3 like i did in phase 1, ... it was perfect, ...

So thousands of people just imagined it huh? Don't come here spouting non-sense like this when even Anet has admitted to these issues. 

The kinda of lag being experienced was not FPS drops. It was the server grinding to a stop (there are many servers). Every single person in my overflow server got hit by it. 

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Reallly liked the event as well, and thought it was the perfect length(timewise) for the rewards given.

Go play in fractals for awhile and then come bitch about how long things take lol. and compare it to the loot you get.

The reward/investment was just fine imo

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

I had a great , fun time during the event.

1) I did disconnect/reconnect about 1/2 way through the 2nd wave of reinforcements for the Ancient Karka.  This was an audio bug that I was getting in my game client.  Once I logged back in, since I was in a party, I right-clicked and clicked "Join Southshore Cove" , able to get right back into my overflow with my guild (unfortunately in the middle of some 20+ Veteran Young Karka).

2) The reward was huge!  However, being that people put in 2hrs 45 minutes into the fight, and wiped enough to repair armor sometimes twice over, I'd say it was well compensating.

3) They notified people 2-3 weeks in advance about this once-in-a-lifetime event!  Those that had life or other things/priorities missed out.  Oh well, that's life and this is a game.  Missing an in-game event for your sister's wedding makes you a better person; not a unique skin item.

4) The lore behind the event was amazing and I'm glad they stuck to an ever flowing story arch.  Although I will say that the story made the players out to being the bad guys and totally bad.  I mean...., the Consortium invaded the Karka nesting ground and so the Karka attacked where it thought the invaders were (the Consortium docked in Lion's Arch).  We didn't just push them out of LA but instead went to their nesting ground and slaughtered them.  Finally, our biggest mission, is to kill their most Ancient of their race and create a naturally-encased statue to commemorate the feat too.  Sickening

Originally posted by Siphaed
    *snip*

4) The lore behind the event was amazing and I'm glad they stuck to an ever flowing story arch.  Although I will say that the story made the players out to being the bad guys and totally bad.  I mean...., the Consortium invaded the Karka nesting ground and so the Karka attacked where it thought the invaders were (the Consortium docked in Lion's Arch).  We didn't just push them out of LA but instead went to their nesting ground and slaughtered them.  Finally, our biggest mission, is to kill their most Ancient of their race and create a naturally-encased statue to commemorate the feat too.  Sickening

i agree! I was asking in chat if i'd missed some part of the event, because we went from the consortium fucking with their home, to us going wipe them from the face of the planet.

We couldn't tame some of them?

I wouldn't have been mad, if suddenly, we we're able to tame our own veteran karka(the little ones) and ride them suckers around.

But no, we genocided their race.

EDIT: and not only that, we eat them(crab meat), and use their body parts for accessories/bag slot items.

little tab bit weird, but eh!

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

Originally posted by cybertrucker
    Originally posted by Whitebeards

After my server melted at LA event and rest of the event chains were broken i knew it would be better to completely pass the event. I made the right decision.

Where is quality control Anet? seriously!

You missed out on a great event, and he'll Anet was playing it. We had 2 on the overflow I was running on. Enjoying it up and joking with all of us.

Yeah, we had one ask in map chat if everyone was enjoying themselves(which was met with praise) ....just before the rape train hit and everyone wiped.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

Originally posted by Toxia
    Originally posted by Siphaed
    *snip*

i agree! I was asking in chat if i'd missed some part of the event, because we went from the consortium fucking with their home, to us going wipe them from the face of the planet.

We couldn't tame some of them?

I wouldn't have been mad, if suddenly, we we're able to tame our own veteran karka(the little ones) and ride them suckers around.

But no, we genocided their race.

EDIT: and not only that, we eat them(crab meat), and use their body parts for accessories/bag slot items.

little tab bit weird, but eh!

Well, we did the same in GW1 with the Mursaat. Here we were thinking they wanted to cause us harm only to find the protecting the area where Burning Titans were.

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by botrytis

I did some recent ping trace and my lag could have partially been due to my ISP having one router dropping 25% of the data going through it.

I do understand how frustrated people can get with Events like this.  When things are not going well, people do have the tendancy to vent, when aggrivated or frustrated.

As I said, I chose not to partake except one dungeon run (fractals) when I timed out. It does happen.

When things don't go well? The event was a clusterfuck of epic proportions. Massive lag spikes, culling, disconnects. 

First event massive lag all around

Second event didn't even happen on my overflow server. 

Third event was the worst. As many people got hit by disconnects at the end and didn't get a reward.

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501

Yep, were all lying when we said we had lag because its a conspiracy against Anet......

There really was no lag, it was the most perfect event ever in the history of mankind 8P

Originally posted by Connmacart
    Originally posted by botrytis

When things don't go well? The event was a clusterfuck of epic proportions. Massive lag spikes, culling, disconnects. 

First event massive lag all around

Second event didn't even happen on my overflow server. 

Third event was the worst. As many people got hit by disconnects at the end and didn't get a reward.

A.Net is looking into this - did you see their post? People who were doing the event and got disconnected at the end will be taken care of.

I had the same issue with Rift and they told me tough luck. At least A.Net is tring to deal with it.

Originally posted by nationalcity

Yep, were all lying when we said we had lag because its a conspiracy against Anet......

There really was no lag, it was the most perfect event ever in the history of mankind 8P

Well, it's hard to swallow i guess, because i was there for the whole event, and didn't disconnect, or see anyone bitching about disconnecting during or after the event(though i did see a whole lotta people bitching about the rewards once they learned what was given). That's not to say there wasn't some lag and culling issues, since the servers were packed, and well, Culling is infamous lol.

But, i have also been part of events where there were disconnects, and we all know about the bugged events everywhere, so i believe you.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Originally posted by Toxia
    Originally posted by nationalcity

Well, it's hard to swallow i guess, because i was there for the whole event, and didn't disconnect, or see anyone bitching about disconnecting during or after the event(though i did see a whole lotta people bitching about the rewards once they learned what was given). That's not to say there wasn't some lag and culling issues, since the servers were packed, and well, Culling is infamous lol.

But, i have also been part of events where there were disconnects, and we all know about the bugged events everywhere, so i believe you.

Well you wouldnt hear people bitchng about being DCed during the event, because the vast majority of them could not get back on until after the event was over, so that is not much of a surprise.

And the official Anet forum is *packed* with a lot of unhappy campers who were, in fact, disconnected.

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719

Absolutely self-centered, some of the people posting here probably couldn't think out of the box, if the box hit them in head.

I had no lag, almost no fps drop, no dc, no problems whatsover, in my clan from 8 people online for the event 2 had some problems, 2 had horrible problems, 1 was doing sPvP, and the rest 3 persons me included had a blast, and no problems whatsover.

We had so much fun, we even did a mini-game of out own in our overflow map chat, we came up with alternate names of movies, games, shows, anime, manga, diseases, cures that had "Crab" and "Karka" in them like:

Sins of Karkan Empire, Need for Crab:Most Karkad, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Karka, Shell of Honor, Karkhammer 40k, Crab Effect,  One Crab Piece, Karktritis, Karkamonium, Narukarka: Shell Chronicles, The Ghost in the Crab Shell, Desperate Housekarkas,  The Karka Diaries, Wolfcrab Amadeus Karkcrab, 28 Crabs/Karka later, World of Warcrab: The Wrath of Karka, How i met your Karka, Spartakarka: Rollvengeance, NKIS- Naval Karka Investigative Service, The day the earth stopped Karka, The Big Crab Theory, Me, Myself, and Karka, and so on lol, i just wrote a few of the better ones here. 

Some people had fun some people didnt, some people had problems, some people didn't, every falls into a category that is a combination of the 4 i mentioned, so what can we do about it ?

P.S 2 best: Crab Wars: Eye of the Karka and Crabby Potter: Deathly Karkas I, Call of Karka:Modern Crabfare and the one that started them all: Crabman: Karkham City !

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,606
    P1: was buggy and could not get anything done.

P2: Had a blast running around with masses of players killing stuff. Mobs had unique tells that were fun to learn and even with masses of players was a challenge.

P3: This is where I got really ticked. From USA servers to EU the event was held CST. That ticked me off. My wife and i didn’t get to go and after hearing about the rewards its a real slap in the face. If this is how ANet plans on rolling out events my wife and I will be looking for a new MMO.

In short P2 was fun but over all it felt like a let down and I feel left out. Like my 250 bucks I have spent on their game means nothing to them. What will change my mind? ANet response to the overwhelming number of upset fans. Something has to be done by ANet IMO. 2-3 precursor handed out, really? (((Walks away upset)))
  • AsabellAsabell Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    P1: was buggy and could not get anything done.

P2: Had a blast running around with masses of players killing stuff. Mobs had unique tells that were fun to learn and even with masses of players was a challenge.

P3: This is where I got really ticked. From USA servers to EU the event was held CST. That ticked me off. My wife and i didn’t get to go and after hearing about the rewards its a real slap in the face. If this is how ANet plans on rolling out events my wife and I will be looking for a new MMO.

In short P2 was fun but over all it felt like a let down and I feel left out. Like my 250 bucks I have spent on their game means nothing to them. What will change my mind? ANet response to the overwhelming number of upset fans. Something has to be done by ANet IMO. 2-3 precursor handed out, really? (((Walks away upset)))

I've never played a game where special events were run at my choosing. Have you? I would think 12 noon pst time is about as fair a time as you can get for Europeans and North Americans to play on a Sunday I wouldn't (((Walk away upset ))) I'd give my (((Head a Shake))) and realize the entire world doesn't revolve around anyone person .

PS Maybe next year they will start Wimbledon at 9 am Eastern so I can get up and have "Breakfast @ Wimbledon” at my own weekend breakfast time ...What you think my chances of that are?

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,606
    @Asabell, When the reward is up to 1-3 precursors, a mix of rare and exotics and a gold reward of 1-300gp. This is not some everyday one off event. I was a little put out I missed the Halloween event. Few fun minor rewards can be shrugged off. But when an event has a reward that rich and targets just one time zone when the game is global. Its no small thing alienating that many customers. ANet made a huge mistake by many fans account. If you don't see this as a problem, then things worked out for you all well and purdy. Or you are a fanboy that thinks ANet can do no wrong.

This is before you take into account the lag, bugs and broken content. This event was a fail!!!