Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quickslot purchase

Comments

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    Originally posted by DarkShadow74
    Its not just the company that is greedy, or Companies that are. Players are too. Listen to yourselfs, You are complaining because you have to pay for quickslots, when you dont have to pay for the game or the time. And if you got that, you would then cry that you only get 2 toon slots, when everyone else gets 12 that pays. And if they gave you that, it would be the something else.  You are as greed as they are, you want everything for Free so you can keep your money. You dont want to let go of it as bad as they want to take it. This isnt the only F2P that makes u buy needed things, and it will not be the last. People want to have a True F2P game with regular game content updates, fully MMO game, where it gives you the xpan free, the game for free and everything else. But the funny thing is, your the same people that dont want to work for min wage and do hard work to get it. You want to be paid 3 dollars over min wage to bend over and pick up trash. Well, if your not going to pay a month fee, and you want regular updates and for the servers to be keep up, etc on a High priced IP like star wars, then you have to pay somewhere.

I paid $60 for this game.  I don't think it's asking too much to have full UI functionality.

How do you think us CE owners feel? Im not even mad that i bought the CE its an awesome CE but the game ultimately failed.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

Just checked the AH on jedi cov and no one is selling quickslot unlocks so ny stance remains the same.

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by DarkShadow74
    Its not just the company that is greedy, or Companies that are. Players are too. Listen to yourselfs, You are complaining because you have to pay for quickslots, when you dont have to pay for the game or the time. And if you got that, you would then cry that you only get 2 toon slots, when everyone else gets 12 that pays. And if they gave you that, it would be the something else.  You are as greed as they are, you want everything for Free so you can keep your money. You dont want to let go of it as bad as they want to take it. This isnt the only F2P that makes u buy needed things, and it will not be the last. People want to have a True F2P game with regular game content updates, fully MMO game, where it gives you the xpan free, the game for free and everything else. But the funny thing is, your the same people that dont want to work for min wage and do hard work to get it. You want to be paid 3 dollars over min wage to bend over and pick up trash. Well, if your not going to pay a month fee, and you want regular updates and for the servers to be keep up, etc on a High priced IP like star wars, then you have to pay somewhere.

I'm sorry, You got me dead to rights. I'm so ashamed of myself. How did I ever go so wrong?

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

I didn't quit SWTOR because it had a sub, I quit becuase I got to end game with two different characters and found it lacking. If I wanted a copy and paste WoW end game, I would play WoW since you can actually world PVP, wow has better PVE instances, and WoW has far, far better PVP battlegrounds/warzones.

I'll admit I was mildy interested in the F2P, but that interest quickly faded once I read the F2P restrictions. But who am I kidding, everytime I went back to an MMO after a F2P conversion, I remember why I left to begin with and uninstall. SWTOR's restrictions have ensured that I will not go back to see what is new. I guess I should thank them for saving me  the download time.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by versulas
    There aren't enough threads about this already? F2P isn't a requirement...

No, there arent enough threads, stupdity of EA deserves every one made and then some....

Originally posted by DSWBeef
    Just checked the AH on jedi cov and no one is selling quickslot unlocks so ny stance remains the same.

On my server people sell them...at few million a piece...try to buy that as F2P...aahahahahahahahahhahaah

EA really didnt think this through rofl

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679
    Originally posted by thamighty213

you can buy them for credits in game on the gtn as you can every unlock or a paying friend can gift you them.

I have gifted 2 entire sets of unlocks to mates and sold a load more on the gtn.

how much?  If it's over the credit cap then it's not much use.

LOL 

So this unlocks are only interesting for the F2P crowd sub gamers have no need for it so why would they sell for more than what the F2P crowd could have?

I mean who would buy it?

Originally posted by mikahr

No, there arent enough threads, stupdity of EA deserves every one made and then some....

On my severe people sell them...at few million a piece...try to buy that as F2P...aahahahahahahahahhahaah

So there are a few stupid ppl who thought they would be smart and sell items for tons of cash and they did not realize that F2P has  a limit on there credits.....and that is EAs fault?

How exaclty is it EAs fault that some ppl are stupid?

Btw i am not pro quickslot cashshop i think its wrong and EA should rethink there stand on that soon.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061
    lol I'm looking forward to playing SWTOR again when i feel like making some HDD space for it but anybody that defends the hotbar being in the cash shop is out of their damn minds. =p

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

Just Uninstalled. Until EAware removes ATLEAST the hotbar, headslot, and race restrictions then you wont see me playing it. Shame to I wanted SWTOR to be my "casual" game while i go hard in RIFT. 

Also the reception by subs to F2P players has been atrocious. Never in my life have I seen the words "freeloader", "Welfare" and "Bums" used so much, truly a terrible community. Almost as bad as WoWs community.....

Originally posted by Doomedfox
    Originally posted by mikahr

On my severe people sell them...at few million a piece...try to buy that as F2P...aahahahahahahahahhahaah

So there are a few stupid ppl who thought they would be smart and sell items for tons of cash and they did not realize that F2P has  a limit on there credits.....and that is EAs fault?

How exaclty is it EAs fault that some ppl are stupid?

Btw i am not pro quickslot cashshop i think its wrong and EA should rethink there stand on that soon.

Because noone will buy em from shop and sell them (which was intention in making them free to trade) for so low.

So "just buy em from GTN" stuff goes right out of the window, F2P will have to spend cash on - quickslots.

If quickslot are selling more then 350k credits then F2P HAVE to buy em with cash unless you meet someone generous which is doubtful in todays swtor community.

• koljanekoljane Member UncommonPosts: 171

SWTOR is the game I so loved in beta and i said to muself: "As a SW fan from early 80`s it is finaly heare, bye bye WOW and all other MMO`s my dream came true" :D

2 months later i stoped cause game as we all know is a huge co op single player based game. 

That is why there are all this restrictions basicly.

Selling UI parts is also important to make your PvP, PvE hard or almost unplayable cause they are giving you to play 2 different story mods only with hint on other aspects of the game.

It is wrong as much as the system they made that killed the game generaly. 

Still I am willing to give game a chance for 1 month sub and see can I be hooked on operations and HMs but that is cause I am a huge fan of Star Wars and for most ppl they are not this f2p model is finaly good bye and all thanks to EA that do not even try to listen to comunity.

One more thing, my brother came to Lucas Arts to work on new engin for upcoming game last year, and he told me even before finaly lounch of the game that things will go ugly cause he was there and saw how unprepared they all were 24h before the game went live. 

But look from the other side, how many games you know that had so much bad decisions made by their creators and still lives (on machines mainly, but still lives :D)

If quickslot are selling more then 350k credits then F2P HAVE to buy em with cash unless you meet someone generous which is doubtful in todays swtor community.

I have to agree the community did take a huge turn for the worse right when F2p Launched.

However i also have to say that the chats were full of annoying whining about the CS.

It is a bad one i will not argue that point but no one is forcing you to use it.

Pay a sub or use the F2P model but do not cry about the F2P model beeing unfair all the time in chat.

F2P is not a generous welfare program to let everyone play the game its a buisness model to make cash. 

I have to agree the community did take a huge turn for the worse right when F2p Launched.

However i also have to say that the chats were full of annoying whining about the CS.

It is a bad one i will not argue that point but no one is forcing you to use it.

Pay a sub or use the F2P model but do not cry about the F2P model beeing unfair all the time in chat.

F2P is not a generous welfare program to let everyone play the game its a buisness model to make cash. 

I logged on once and said nothing. I posted once on the forums suggesting changes not whining. Nothing will throw a new F2P off more then being called bad, freeloader, whinder, welfare, and bum. And aslo the F2P model is unfair, Aion and Lotro have far less restrictive models and are EXTREMELY successful. Especially Aions which gives you the full game and offers fluff items in its store.

Just look at how there model works.

• No subscription fee. Play for free!
    • No account restrictions. Visit any zone, chat in any channel, sell any amount of stuff on the trade broker—nothing is off limits!
    • Robust countermeasures to combat game abuse. We're dedicating a ton of resources to preventing account theft, botting, and real money trading.
    • No hassles. Create your account, download the game, and play!
    • No harassment. Don't worry, we won't hound you with constant offers or promotions.
    • A lot of great stuff we'll reveal more about leading up to launch!
    And people wonder why Aion is so successful atm. I would buy costumes off the store just to support a dev who isnt greedy just on principle.

I logged on once and said nothing. I posted once on the forums suggesting changes not whining. Nothing will throw a new F2P off more then being called bad, freeloader, whinder, welfare, and bum. And aslo the F2P model is unfair, Aion and Lotro have far less restrictive models and are EXTREMELY successful. Especially Aions which gives you the full game and offers fluff items in its store.

Just look at how there model works.

• No subscription fee. Play for free!
    • No account restrictions. Visit any zone, chat in any channel, sell any amount of stuff on the trade broker—nothing is off limits!
    • Robust countermeasures to combat game abuse. We're dedicating a ton of resources to preventing account theft, botting, and real money trading.
    • No hassles. Create your account, download the game, and play!
    • No harassment. Don't worry, we won't hound you with constant offers or promotions.
    • A lot of great stuff we'll reveal more about leading up to launch!
    And people wonder why Aion is so successful atm. I would buy costumes off the store just to support a dev who isnt greedy just on principle.

I did not say that you in particular were whining but there was a lot of it in chat most of the time paired with comments like 

The game is garbage/not worth a sub and so on.

I only resubbed 1 week before F2P went live so it does not annoy me that much but others who played the game all this time have to listen to this crap on chat now all the time from ppl who want everything for free.

That of course still does not warrent beeing called names but i can understand how the veteran players might get annoyed very fast from all that whining.

Btw i do not believe that there is 1 dev out there who is not greedy(wants to make as much money as possible) thats just how buisness works.

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496

Btw i do not believe that there is 1 dev out there who is not greedy(wants to make as much money as possible) thats just how buisness works.

This is so misused mantra and people think that is to be believed only because it is repeated so much. You dont have to be greedy, you only need a good product. Marketing in this case can be used only to inform and spread the word but if you have a bad product marketing can only mislead - they dont have a choice.
    You can make money, a lot of it really if you actually give something to the customer.  
    Good f2p models have been already mentioned. None of them have a price tag on quickslots.

Originally posted by n3v3rriv3r

This is so misused mantra and people think that is to be believed only because it is repeated so much. You dont have to be greedy, you only need a good product. Marketing in this case can be used only to inform and spread the word but if you have a bad product marketing can only mislead - they dont have a choice.
    You can make money, a lot of it really if you actually give something to the customer.  
    Good f2p models have been already mentioned. None of them have a price tag on quickslots.

I already stated that i too do disagree with the cashshop of EA...

but that does not mean that there is any Dev that does not try to makle money sure some cashshops seem fairer than otrhers but   

they all are aimed to make as much money a spossible they just have a different aproach to it.

You do see it a lot that ppl claim that they would spend money in a cashshop if they dev is not greedy so creating a fairer cashshop is just a tactic to get as much cash as possible.

I also disagree that it is a misused mantra there is not 1 company out there that says "Well now that we made our money back and even made profit i think we should stop making profit we have enough and while we are at it lets everyone who bought our product give a bit money back since we dont really need all the money we made...)Nope not one company like that out there.

I too rather have a company that appears as if it cares about it customers its just easier to spend money for there products but i do not delude myself into believing they really care about me and not my money.

Wow, they call something that is not free free, and you actually ownder at people taking a pi** on it.

They should be smarter and expect things like selling quickbars will generate lot of laughs, you can milk people, you can pull off lot of stuff - but even people have limits and theres time where they draw a line.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

You are probably noticing a lot of different people complaining about the F2P restrictions.  Not just a handful spamming it.

In my case I logged on, played a little bit on my lvl 14 alt, complained about the quickslot restriction and left.  I haven't logged back on, except to check the market after people said the unlocks were on sale there.  I certainly have better things to do than sit in SWTOR bitching.

I do respond to forum posts here and on the official forums regarding the issue though.  I check their forums a couple of times a day.

It looks like BW has deleted all of the threads complaining about having to buy quickslot bars for cash.  At this point it would be a nightmare for them to no longer charge for them, since people have bought some on the GTN for credits.
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

You are probably noticing a lot of different people complaining about the F2P restrictions.  Not just a handful spamming it.

In my case I logged on, played a little bit on my lvl 14 alt, complained about the quickslot restriction and left.  I haven't logged back on, except to check the market after people said the unlocks were on sale there.  I certainly have better things to do than sit in SWTOR bitching.

I do respond to forum posts here and on the official forums regarding the issue though.  I check their forums a couple of times a day.

Why would you need to complain about quickslot bars at level 14? No way you need more then 2 at this level LOL.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• Dahkot72Dahkot72 Member Posts: 261

LOL RIGHT I MEAN LOL RIGHT?

Dear god if you're going to white knight everything about SWTOR do you have to LOL ?

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Dahkot72

LOL RIGHT I MEAN LOL RIGHT?

Dear god if you're going to white knight everything about SWTOR do you have to LOL ?

The prophecy says... I am to bring the balance to this forum..... /grin

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Why would you need to complain about quickslot bars at level 14? No way you need more then 2 at this level LOL.

Oh I don't know, maybe because I was more than well on my way to having both bars full at level 14.

It looks like BW has deleted all of the threads complaining about having to buy quickslot bars for cash.  At this point it would be a nightmare for them to no longer charge for them, since people have bought some on the GTN for credits.

They have been very agile in deleting them right from 15th :)