Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Bots are back.

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Okay so I was playing GW2 doing Quests the yellow heart thingys and completing zones, and I hit some random trees and mines around only got one ore ODD I thought whats going on.

Well sure enough later in the same zone a bot with a name like eiweiae teleported to a tree I was like What? maybe he walked I didn't see him then he isntantly vanish, and pops up near another tree starts hitting it, I tried to get a report off on him but he was teleporting around to nodes too fast.

MEMORY HACKING isn't that hard to do with GW2 and to make a bit to do this very easily done, problem is Anet isn't doing its job at banning botters, and the auction house and economy is screwed up because of bots.

THINK About the guilds and people who have the unfair advantage in thisg ame having all the resources they need because of hacking bots.

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by Renoaku

Okay so I was playing GW2 doing Quests the yellow heart thingys and completing zones, and I hit some random trees and mines around only got one ore ODD I thought whats going on.

Well sure enough later in the same zone a bot with a name like eiweiae teleported to a tree I was like What? maybe he walked I didn't see him then he isntantly vanish, and pops up near another tree starts hitting it, I tried to get a report off on him but he was teleporting around to nodes too fast.

MEMORY HACKING isn't that hard to do with GW2 and to make a bit to do this very easily done, problem is Anet isn't doing its job at banning botters, and the auction house and economy is screwed up because of bots.

THINK About the guilds and people who have the unfair advantage in thisg ame having all the resources they need because of hacking bots.

You should try and know more about a game before you claim to play it.

Of course, I'm probably just one of those zealous fanboy's that attack anybody with a pretend scenario about GW2.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Originally posted by eyelolled

Of course, I'm probably just one of those zealous fanboy's that attack anybody with a pretend scenario about GW2.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/368080/page/1 As shown in the OP's link.

Bots have the ability to teleport, and memory hack, why NCsoft doesn't ban anyone teleporting around is beyond me.

These resources then get sold to other players unfairly, or laundered to players guilds and mates illegally and then used to craft items giving unfair advantage.

Nope I acttually own GW2, But nope I am not a fan on NCsoft I think their company sucks.

Funny thing is the other day I was playing a very old MMORPG called Face OF Mankind I just logged in did some mining for a corp and some old friends guess what. I got banned because I used CHEAT ENGINE on a single player game while their game was running AUTOMATED BAN.  While I got my account back it seems like ARENA NET Could do something similar and ban botters TELEPORTING AROUND.  Because it should be logged  by the game server as its not an offline game, and things looking very suspecious like this should be AUTOMATIC BAN.

Perhaps NCsoft should just make botting, and hacking legal.

Because then by all means I can do it too and it wont be unfair.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/368080/page/1 As shown in the OP's link.

Bots have the ability to teleport, and memory hack, why NCsoft doesn't ban anyone teleporting around is beyond me.

These resources then get sold to other players unfairly, or laundered to players guilds and mates illegally and then used to craft items giving unfair advantage.

Nope I acttually own GW2, But nope I am not a fan on NCsoft I think their company sucks.

Funny thing is the other day I was playing a very old MMORPG called Face OF Mankind I just logged in did some mining for a corp and some old friends guess what. I got banned because I used CHEAT ENGINE on a single player game while their game was running AUTOMATED BAN.  While I got my account back it seems like ARENA NET Could do something similar and ban botters TELEPORTING AROUND.  Because it should be logged  by the game server as its not an offline game, and things looking very suspecious like this should be AUTOMATIC BAN.

The point he is getting at is that nodes are not competitive. People cannot steal your node, everyone has access to the same nodes and they respawn based on when you personally harvested them.

You would know this if you played the game.

• ResertonReserton Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by evilastro

The point he is getting at is that nodes are not competitive. People cannot steal your node, everyone has access to the same nodes and they respawn based on when you personally harvested them.

You would know this if you played the game.

^This.

Perhaps you should have read what he bolded before trying to act clever. You obviously have no clue about this game.

I do not even like the game, but OP is an obvious troll.

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

I'm not sure why people would even be concerned about bots in this game. The PvE is as non competitive as you can get compared to any MMO out there. Heck since the market is global to all servers, all resources are completely saturated and prices are insanely low across the board. The bots would only be a drop in the bucket in terms of adding resources to the trading post.

Also poster above pointed out the error in the OP. All nodes are not competed over. All nodes are private to each person and cannot be diminished by others.

Even if Nodes are personal spawns which I do not know how the resource system works its not my job to know I just play the game, and gather.

It still doesn't excuse the fact that bots are abusing the game, and GM's are not banning them or placing in an automated system to detect teleport/warp across map hacks so that these players get banned. Problem is still while nodes maybe personal they are selling the resources on the auction house, and have control of the gold and gem economy which involves real money all around.

Either they need to restrict hacks, or they need to make them legal.

If they want to make botting legal and make it offical then I wont care because I can do it too my PC can run GW2 over 10 times I am sure without crashing and I can bot all day as well if they make it legit you see.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

Stop putting all the blame for this shit on Anet alone.

Botting will continue to happen as long as people buy in game currency from farmers.  If you want to look for someone to blame.......start looking at the players who have any two of the three (or more):

1)  A commander's tab (especially all those "lions arch commanders")

2)  A legendary weapon

3)  Full set of cultural tier 3 armor

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Maephisto

Botting will continue to happen as long as people buy in game currency from farmers.  If you want to look for someone to blame.......start looking at the players who have any two of the three (or more):

2)  A legendary weapon

not all bots are farmers out to sell gold.  a lot of them are just ass hats that like to cheat.

There is a difference between Botting, & Real Money Trading.

RMT I will support, as long as its being traded, and obtained by human players legally by hand aka no botting.

Botting I hate and don't support unless the company wants to make it okay for everyone to be able to use bots freely, and Anet hasn't done this.

Yes its Arena Nets, fault about the teleport hacking. Maybe they didn't make the hack, but they did not properly test hacks that could be developed by third parties, and now they they know about it they need to Patch it and they could have done it months ago. Solution is to add a patch server side that detects bots or players teleporting aka if you are all the way on the left side of the map and teleport without moving or walking or moving too fast without the correct buff on you, YOU GET FLAGGED by the server, and GM checks you and if you are a bot you are banned.

There is nothing wrong with selling currency in games or at least I don't think there is. Its the bots, and recently the gold spammers that really piss me off. I would never buy from these type of companies, and the companies I do business with outside of the game in many RPG games like Second Life, and EVE Online, DO not spam chat or put ad's in game. Plus I have never got my account banned or suspended from any of my trades from game to game except one time which means it must be legit and I must be staying away from the bots.

People think they know all the facts about RMT, and gold famers vs bots, they don't.

Not all RMT is obtained illegally, but those who are need to be banned.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632
    Originally posted by muffins89

2)  A legendary weapon

not all bots are farmers out to sell gold.  a lot of them are just ass hats that like to cheat.

.......ok?

What's your point?  If you think this advances OP's arguement, it does not. 

The point of the matter is, botting exists because there is a demand for thier services.  At this point in the game it is easy to see the most serious of offenders.  A person who has a cammander's tag, a legendary and tier 3 cultural armor has either spent all thier waking moments in game.....or they spent some SERIOUS money on gems.   More than likely, they bought gold from farmers.

Too bad you can't report people for lying.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145
    Too bad you can't report people for lying.

but you can for trolling , and this lie of the OP is a Troll attempt and a 100% proofen Lie whit intent. hope the sucker gets banned

• JackFrostyJackFrosty Member Posts: 103
    What do you expect this is a B2P Game. Anet already has your money. Did you expect quality service. If so your delusional.

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins

• Anaba77Anaba77 Member Posts: 33

Have you ever considered that it could have been a Mesmer with blink ability  (teleport), a normal player just with the same gathering wishes as you ?

There are many out there who want to collect the impossible.

Advice: run your game with fraps and film it when you see bots. Otherwise it's just fluff in the air...

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Even if Nodes are personal spawns which I do not know how the resource system works its not my job to know I just play the game, and gather.

It still doesn't excuse the fact that bots are abusing the game, and GM's are not banning them or placing in an automated system to detect teleport/warp across map hacks so that these players get banned. Problem is still while nodes maybe personal they are selling the resources on the auction house, and have control of the gold and gem economy which involves real money all around.

Either they need to restrict hacks, or they need to make them legal.

If they want to make botting legal and make it offical then I wont care because I can do it too my PC can run GW2 over 10 times I am sure without crashing and I can bot all day as well if they make it legit you see.

Problem is that the scenario you just described (getting just 1 ore because of a  competing player) is just plain impossible. You made it up. If you are  caught in a blatant lie, everything else you say is pointless, Mr Nixon.

To me there is nothing wrong with buying or selling gold or any virtual currency Its not my job to efnroce what peopel do with their real life time, or money.

When it becomes my problem however is when it is being done unfairly by use of automated bots, scripts, hacks, cheats, or macros.

The way I see RMT is you are not selling items that don't belong to you you are selling your time you put in playing the game and if someone else wants to buy it they are fee to do such.

However I will never support the act of botting, or hacking unless the game actually supports such, I think these dumb cheaters need to be gone from GW2 look at the market its already so messed up so much raw resources for sale.

To me there is nothing wrong with buying or selling gold or any virtual currency Its not my job to efnroce what peopel do with their real life time, or money.

When it becomes my problem however is when it is being done unfairly by use of automated bots, scripts, hacks, cheats, or macros.

The way I see RMT is you are not selling items that don't belong to you you are selling your time you put in playing the game and if someone else wants to buy it they are fee to do such.

However I will never support the act of botting, or hacking unless the game actually supports such, I think these dumb cheaters need to be gone from GW2 look at the market its already so messed up so much raw resources for sale.

lol. Completely failing to respond to the comments about how people know he's making it up.  I'm starting to wonder if he's a "bot" poster!  

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Someone needs his bold-italic-underline functions checked... they are glitching off like spasmic fireflies.

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by muffins89

2)  A legendary weapon

+1

This discussion has been closed.