Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Project Cackle: My MMORPG Game Concept

mikecacklemikecackle City, ILMember Posts: 151

Well, here we go.. a start of a new idea into debating and creating MMORPG games... Not sure how far I can take this or if anyone cares, but if you desire to check it out and have any interest, please subscribe and come here and debate my ideas as I try to create the worlds best MMORPG.

Project Cackle

Conceptualizing A MMORPG Part 1: Introduction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-jgBlwAlpY&feature=plcp

Thanks for your interest... If you wish to contact me you can PM me here or give me your opinions on the current topics as I post them.. Love to hear your feedback on my topics, thats the whole purpose of this project to get everyone involved and make better games for all to enjoy!

Name: Codename "Cackle"

Genre: Multi Genre, Adventure, Survival, Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, etc.

Gametype: World Based MMORPG

Niche: Group Adventuring

Combat system: Targetting Skill Based Button Masher

Perspective: 3rd Person

Progression structure: Itemization, Collection, Knowledge

Difficulty:  Casual to Hardcore (Difficulty Rankings)

Game Summarization: A devastated mankind faces a war torn planet in the struggle to seek out and destroy the unknown evil presence devouring its existence amidst trying to survive the rivalry of one another.

Objective: The ultimate game goal is to unite the world, destroy the evil presence and of course live happily ever after.

Game Activity Summary:  Players in "Cackle" will be engaging in character development, player vs. environment (PvE) combat (PvE) Player vs. Player combat (PvP), social activities, including economics, politics, adventuring, and warfare. Other activities include, housing, crafting, farming, cooking, and marketing activities.

Leveling:  No level progression.

Weapons: Race / Class usable weapons. No wield restrictions based on level. Semi-decaying enhancement system.

Armor: Race / Class usable armor. Player can mix and match attribute type sets to achieve certain defenses desired.

Crafting:  Yes, TBA

Crafting classes:  TBA

Player Housing: Yes, artifact / trinket display, storage, open world defense.

Factions:  3 Player based factions each with own idealogies of progression.

Clans: Yes with Allegiance Support, and Military based PvP System.

More info as it becomes available.....

Comments

• aWRAYaWRAY Elk Grove, CAMember Posts: 84
    Thank you Mike for taking the time to do this. I look forward to your future podcasts and will definitely be giving my input
  • mikecacklemikecackle City, ILMember Posts: 151

MMORPG Project Cackle: Part 2: Game Summarization is now available...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtbZ-fi21II

Enjoy!

Originally posted by mikecackle
    MMORPG Project Cackle: Part 2: Game Summarization is now available... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtbZ-fi21II Enjoy!

MMORPG Project Cackle Part 3: No Levels (WTF?!) 1/2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_6z20XY7Eo

Please post your pro's and cons of a leveling system and your pro's and cons of a non-leveling system for a good debate.

See ya all for an update soon.

• IchmenIchmen Winnipeg, MBMember Posts: 1,228 Uncommon

umm this kind of killed any desire to play from me. as it seems to be your typical biting off more then you can chew (no offense)

"Genre: Multi Genre, Adventure, Survival, Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, etc." <- should really pick one style and make a great game then try and do several and make a shallow bad game. 

adv/survival is fine.  survival/horror is ok mixed in with adv but sci and fant is kind of backassward IMO. 

either do a adv/survival/horror game that is either fantasy or sci dont do both.. mixing those two always makes a game really convaluted and most that do try tend to fail to draw enough players to it. 

other then that.. the game sounds like it could be interesting. in its current writen state i would be less likely to rush out and play it. (least of all at launch)

CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
    Evga GeForce 670 FTW
    Evga P55 SLI

<image

Originally posted by Ichmen
    umm this kind of killed any desire to play from me. as it seems to be your typical biting off more then you can chew (no offense) "Genre: Multi Genre, Adventure, Survival, Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, etc." <- should really pick one style and make a great game then try and do several and make a shallow bad game.  adv/survival is fine.  survival/horror is ok mixed in with adv but sci and fant is kind of backassward IMO.  either do a adv/survival/horror game that is either fantasy or sci dont do both.. mixing those two always makes a game really convaluted and most that do try tend to fail to draw enough players to it.  other then that.. the game sounds like it could be interesting. in its current writen state i would be less likely to rush out and play it. (least of all at launch)

You just don't know enough about the game just yet :D

Its a mankind game... It has elements of the above genres but are not them specifically :D It touches on many fronts just as you do in real life I suppose

• IchmenIchmen Winnipeg, MBMember Posts: 1,228 Uncommon

well as a gamer when i read fantasy, my instant reaction is elves and orks or medieval ages (swords and bows) 

when i see sci-fi i automatically invision laser guns and space ships sort of deal.. super advanced humanity. 

the synopsis basicly says the world is kicked in the nuts by some hostile force and mankind is picking up the peices.. so i dont really understand where fantasy would come in if its time period sets it as a sci-fi.

the game right now how you have it writen sounds interesting. i just dont get how the two styles could work in an adv/survival style game.  most of the games i have played as mmoish titles that mixed fantasy and sci-fi did it really pisspoorly. 

orks and elves with lasers and bow/arrow kinda retarded stuff

CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
    Evga GeForce 670 FTW
    Evga P55 SLI

<image

Originally posted by Ichmen
    well as a gamer when i read fantasy, my instant reaction is elves and orks or medieval ages (swords and bows)  when i see sci-fi i automatically invision laser guns and space ships sort of deal.. super advanced humanity.  the synopsis basicly says the world is kicked in the nuts by some hostile force and mankind is picking up the peices.. so i dont really understand where fantasy would come in if its time period sets it as a sci-fi.   the game right now how you have it writen sounds interesting. i just dont get how the two styles could work in an adv/survival style game.  most of the games i have played as mmoish titles that mixed fantasy and sci-fi did it really pisspoorly.  orks and elves with lasers and bow/arrow kinda retarded stuff

Be patient my friend, more info is coming as it's being compiled :D (Survival I guess is a bad word, as gamers think of it as a game type, its meant more as a lore scenario, you are strugging to survive.. ) More info later, at work right now. will edit.

wont be posting here anymore.. cya and good luck