Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AAA lable should not be used anymore for western gaming companies

TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

AAA lable is so watered down It dont mean anything anymore, not what It's used to mean, Now gaming studios using that lable to lure in gamers thinking their game is awesome, best game ever made, when in reality It's just recycle shit with little to no thought of thier own.

So can we please ban the word AAA It has no meaning anymore, none of the western MMO developers don't come even close to even have one A.

Asians one really try to break the mold sadly most of em won't see the light on the western market, so we are stuck with western  corporate jingles.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Comments

• Bishop200Bishop200 Member Posts: 68
    It's been years since it have stop meaning anything other than big graphic budget. If you want something else, like good gameplay, go look the indy side, a lot of good game there.
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Bishop200
    It's been years since it have stop meaning anything other than big graphic budget. If you want something else, like good gameplay, go look the indy side, a lot of good game there.

If they had bigger budget I would, but sadly most of the games are broken in one way or another due to lack of funding.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145
    Originally posted by Torgrim

If they had bigger budget I would, but sadly most of the games are broken in one way or another due to lack of funding.

So instead you play "AAA" mmo's (means big funds)  that are broken in one way or another due lack of <insert> ..I say Time.

funny how things work eh...

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    All it ever meant was that the game had a sizeable development budget, due to big brand name financial backing.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185

They do not need a bigger budget. Usually indie games are defined by simple but fun mechanics and so they have less issues to deal with. Not to mention the toolsets available now to make the process so much easier. Have you looked at Unity?

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Sorry but this isn't a western exclusive thing. The amount of recycled garbage that comes out of the east is enormous also.

No big innovations are going to come from anywhere but the indie segment. Big developers, no matter where they live are too worried about how many thousand percents they can multiply their shiny coins to really innovate anything,.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by MaxJac

They do not need a bigger budget. Usually indie games are defined by simple but fun mechanics and so they have less issues to deal with. Not to mention the toolsets available now to make the process so much easier. Have you looked at Unity?

Think he mean full fledged indie mmorpg's like MO in example.

Indie single player games, some of co-op or mutliplayer also  can be good that's true.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Eladi

So instead you play "AAA" mmo's (means big funds)  that are broken in one way or another due lack of ..I say Time.

funny how things work eh...

How funny things work when you play twisted words game and meaning to write something useless.

• thetimesthetimes Member Posts: 49
    After playing Wushu, I completely agree. 
  • worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403
    The labels AAA and indie both have issues with definition.  Really, game studios don't have any true standards by which to rate themselves or their games.  These are just tags put on them, whether or not it meets some sort of undefined standard.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• mikecacklemikecackle Member Posts: 151

I do not ban the AAA title but I hearby acknowledge a new 3 A's to all games so in order to qualify as great, they need six A's

AAAAAA titles are now the new in!

Hey that game is Hextuple rated! It's the chit!