Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quickslot purchase

I decided to try the game again now that it is f2p. I bought new graphic card meanwhile
and my machine can run all at max. Let me tell you something: graphics in this game are bad. But this was not my issue - I can bear bad graphics.
One other thing made me just close the game and uninstall. I couldn't believe it but you must actually pay to have additional quick slots.
They didn't learn anything they are still very gready.

Comments

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381

OP, agreed, it's not the damned money. It was never the damned money. If SWTOR had any redeeming qualities at all, I would be subbing and paying for it and never a thought about the sub fee.

But that feeling of them groping around with their greasy little paws in my pockets trying to find my wallet is a major let-down. That's all they want. They don't give a shit about me or any other customer. They don't care if they can be proud of their product, and they don't care if people like it or have fun.

They only care about whether they're getting their tentacles on my wallet.

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• versulasversulas Member UncommonPosts: 288
    There aren't enough threads about this already? F2P isn't a requirement...
  • thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

you can buy them for credits in game on the gtn as you can every unlock or a paying friend can gift you them.

I have gifted 2 entire sets of unlocks to mates and sold a load more on the gtn.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

from all my years to almost decades of playing mmo's coupled with the ugly head rearing of freetoplay games that mask the untimely deaths of supposed AAA games that fail out of the gate.  I find it that all these freemium games cost you double the amount you would pay monthly if you would just subscribe for whatever time you decide to play. 

especially if you didn't buy the game at launch, it's free to waste cash now.  just sub and get the full monty out of this bitch.  then ditch it in a dumpster like a gta game when your done.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Originally posted by versulas
    There aren't enough threads about this already? F2P isn't a requirement...

Not really no. Greed kills more people than cancer.
    ... and the answer for your second sentence: being silent about your experience is not an requirement either.

• MirandelMirandel Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Originally posted by n3v3rriv3r
    One other thing made me just close the game and uninstall. I couldn't believe it but you must actually pay to have additional quick slots.

Same here. Though I would not call that "additional" quick bars - they are "necessary" quick bars. I can understand (almos) every other limitation. But selling UI elements?! Like someone pointed out already - why not sell the ability to use mouse. At the end you do not really need it if you have a keyboard, right? 

Originally posted by Mirandel

Same here. Though I would not call that "additional" quick bars - they are "necessary" quick bars. I can understand (almos) every other limitation. But selling UI elements?! Like someone pointed out already - why not sell the ability to use mouse. At the end you do not really need it if you have a keyboard, right? 

Exactly they are necessary. This is like if they gave you the option to move your mouse only up, down and left.

When they designed the game they knew perfectly well that you cannot have only two bars. You simply cannot put all the skills on them and ergo you cannot play the game if you dont buy more quickslots.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    If this was gw 2 you would not need more than two quickslot bars. Unfortunately SWTOR is a far more demanding game as far as skills go so to make money on F2P they are asking you to unlock it via payment because it is a necessary feature. Whenever it is something you require you will pay for it that is the concept behind the idea of making money from the f2p players. Whether I feel this is prudent or simply shooting themselves in the foot is moot.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    I decided to try the game again now that it is f2p. I bought new graphic card meanwhile
    and my machine can run all at max. Let me tell you something: graphics in this game are bad. But this was not my issue - I can bear bad graphics.

I thought the graphics were fine.  The engine is crap for PVP combat though.

I won't give them a dime as long as they charge customers for Quickslot bars.  Paying to display titles and to hide the head slot is also ridiculous but I could deal with that. 

Originally posted by thamighty213

you can buy them for credits in game on the gtn as you can every unlock or a paying friend can gift you them.

I have gifted 2 entire sets of unlocks to mates and sold a load more on the gtn.

how much?  If it's over the credit cap then it's not much use.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Actually prices on GTN are pretty low... to my surprise. I guess lot's of people getting the unlocks, and other stuff... free market dectate prices.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

I'm kind of dissapointed they didn't make Right-clicking a consumable item. $5 for 500 right-clicks.  They'd make a fortune!

/sarcasm

Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Actually prices on GTN are pretty low... to my surprise. I guess lot's of people getting the unlocks, and other stuff... free market dectate prices.

If that's the case then I'd be more than happy to change my stance on the subject of locked quickbars.

LOL I found out that initially there was only one bar. Then they added another one with a patch. Hehe this is really hilarious.
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

I logged in this moring and the only unlocks available on the AH were Cago Bay slots and they were going for 900K credits. Is that considered "pretty low"?

LOL I found out that initially there was only one bar. Then they added another one with a patch. Hehe this is really hilarious.

Actually it's a good thing... Lots of post crying about this on forums, so there is a big chance that they might change their stance on this soon.

Btw. I personally think they should give F2P players 4 bars and then charge for additional 2 if they want it.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

I just checked my server, the cheapest quickslot purchase in the GTN is 500k.  A good 150k above the amount any preferred player can have at any time. 

If a preferred player can't afford to buy the quickslot in the GTN then they have to pay cash.  Criticism still stands.

There isn't a single unlock on the GTN for less than that 500k.  I'll spend my ,omey elsewhere.

I just checked my server, the cheapest quickslot purchase in the GTN is 500k.  A good 150k above the amount any preferred player can have at any time. 

If a preferred player can't afford to buy the quickslot in the GTN then they have to pay cash.  Criticism still stands.

There isn't a single unlock on the GTN for less than that 500k.  I'll spend my ,omey elsewhere.

It's not going to sell. I am sure there were many more but got sold out and only the ones from players without brains are still on market. I've seen stuff placed on GTN with prices that made me laugh. But sure thing is that the cheap ones will go fast... it's the hottest sell right now...

• DarkShadow74DarkShadow74 Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Its not just the company that is greedy, or Companies that are. Players are too. Listen to yourselfs, You are complaining because you have to pay for quickslots, when you dont have to pay for the game or the time. And if you got that, you would then cry that you only get 2 toon slots, when everyone else gets 12 that pays. And if they gave you that, it would be the something else.  You are as greed as they are, you want everything for Free so you can keep your money. You dont want to let go of it as bad as they want to take it. This isnt the only F2P that makes u buy needed things, and it will not be the last. People want to have a True F2P game with regular game content updates, fully MMO game, where it gives you the xpan free, the game for free and everything else. But the funny thing is, your the same people that dont want to work for min wage and do hard work to get it. You want to be paid 3 dollars over min wage to bend over and pick up trash. Well, if your not going to pay a month fee, and you want regular updates and for the servers to be keep up, etc on a High priced IP like star wars, then you have to pay somewhere.
    Originally posted by DarkShadow74
    Its not just the company that is greedy, or Companies that are. Players are too. Listen to yourselfs, You are complaining because you have to pay for quickslots, when you dont have to pay for the game or the time. And if you got that, you would then cry that you only get 2 toon slots, when everyone else gets 12 that pays. And if they gave you that, it would be the something else.  You are as greed as they are, you want everything for Free so you can keep your money. You dont want to let go of it as bad as they want to take it. This isnt the only F2P that makes u buy needed things, and it will not be the last. People want to have a True F2P game with regular game content updates, fully MMO game, where it gives you the xpan free, the game for free and everything else. But the funny thing is, your the same people that dont want to work for min wage and do hard work to get it. You want to be paid 3 dollars over min wage to bend over and pick up trash. Well, if your not going to pay a month fee, and you want regular updates and for the servers to be keep up, etc on a High priced IP like star wars, then you have to pay somewhere.

Calm down I didn't insult you so pls ... manners.

I am not complaining I am observing, reporting my experience. Tbh I don't care about the game. Bought it at launch because of thier marketing and had fun for a week or two. Tried it out of curiosity now that it is f2p.
    If they label this thing free to play then a player should be able ... to play. With only two quickslots it is practically impossible.

To your rambling about who I am and who I am not: I will pay for a quality product not a marketing gimmick. You do as you please tho - it is your money.

p.s. Are you sure you know what greed is? Not paying to a multi-million dollar company for quickslot bar is greedy to you?

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by DarkShadow74 Its not just the company that is greedy, or Companies that are. Players are too. Listen to yourselfs, You are complaining because you have to pay for quickslots, when you dont have to pay for the game or the time. And if you got that, you would then cry that you only get 2 toon slots, when everyone else gets 12 that pays. And if they gave you that, it would be the something else.  You are as greed as they are, you want everything for Free so you can keep your money. You dont want to let go of it as bad as they want to take it. This isnt the only F2P that makes u buy needed things, and it will not be the last. People want to have a True F2P game with regular game content updates, fully MMO game, where it gives you the xpan free, the game for free and everything else. But the funny thing is, your the same people that dont want to work for min wage and do hard work to get it. You want to be paid 3 dollars over min wage to bend over and pick up trash. Well, if your not going to pay a month fee, and you want regular updates and for the servers to be keep up, etc on a High priced IP like star wars, then you have to pay somewhere.
    Calm down I didn't insult you so pls ... manners.I am not complaining I am observing, reporting my experience. Tbh I don't care about the game. Bought it at launch because of thier marketing and had fun for a week or two. Tried it out of curiosity now that it is f2p.If they label this thing free to play then a player should be able ... to play. With only two quickslots it is practically impossible.

To your rambling about who I am and who I am not: I will pay for a quality product not a marketing gimmick. You do as you please tho - it is your money.

p.s. Are you sure you know what greed is? Not paying to a multi-million dollar company for quickslot bar is greedy to you?

I'm going to ask this again. I'm not going to get an answer here either, but what the heck.

The content for free and preferred status players is very limited. They cannot enter operations without buying a pass. Three or Five battlegrounds per week and three or five end game dungeons per week (I can't remember which is 3 and which is 5). So, given the limitations in the content that can be played, what's the point of having 100% of the available skills on quick slot bars? Are they needed to finish the story line quests? No, I think not. The players who are going to want to do the content that will cost money will either subscribe, and get the quick slot bars, or pay the $5 it'll take to get the quick slot bars and then pay for the content they want to access.

So the question is, what's the point of having the extra quick slot bars when the content that would require them is so limited to the players that don't have them by default?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

i just played on my tank. having only 1 quick bar sucks but its not unplayable. i did just fine. a little annoyed but played fine.

• GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by silverreign

i just played on my tank. having only 1 quick bar sucks but its not unplayable. i did just fine. a little annoyed but played fine.

I wanted to have a quick look at SWTOR after they went FTP. I didnt even bother to set up my char when i got only 2 quick bars.

Doable, but just not worth it.

Originally posted by DarkShadow74

I paid $60 for this game.  I don't think it's asking too much to have full UI functionality.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    If i can buy unlock bars for under 350k credits then its something i can SOMEWHAT tolerate but still but kepe my from giving them money.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation