Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ANet has no respect for its supporters

This post is about this

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Thoughts-on-Ascended-Gear-Merged-threads/page/205

If you don't know what's going on, don't bother posting, go check the posts in the game's forums while they are still there (moderation eventually waters them down or supresses the ones targetted at them, or qotes to their manifesto or any pre-release material).

They used us to herald the game and build the hype, the LIED about the game features,  now they finally managed to screw us they won't even call anymore lol. Go ahead guys, have a laugh and say you told us so.

They sold us a game that was opposite to this garbage. They totally 180 on their manifesto and suckered everyone who pre-purchased and supported them from the beginning. This is more than marketing, this is false advertisement. If any collective legal action is possible, i'm in.

Follow the link and have a laugh at us pre-purchasers. Many of you told us so.

"At the core of Guild Wars 2 is this simple concept. Respect for the player's intelligence, respect for the player's time, respect for the player's investment, and respect, even reverence, for the genre."

Another link for your amusement:

"Respect the player

We respect you—as a player, as a human being. This game we’re making may end up competing with your real life. It might fight for your free time alongside your friends, your family, your work, and whatever else you might be doing. Because of that, we want to give you a meaningful experience, not one that is a vapid waste of your time. Whatever your reasons for spending time in Tyria, we don’t want to waste it by doing stuff that isn’t fun.

Purpose: To keep us honest"

Respect for your intelligence: They tell you ascended is there to "fill the 'gap' between exotics and legendary". Uhuh, right, all the sudden there's a gap to be filled, folks! Then you get a response that doesn't say anything.  Don't you find the double talk disrespectful?

Respect for your time: You follow the game for years, keep reading all that awesome "no grind" "is it fun?" "game we'd like to play" talk. It launches, it's great, you invest *600+ hours* into it thinking you'll be playing an awesome game for years and BAM they bail on the game's core 'design philosophies'.

Respect for the player investment: Fully supportive players who have pre-purchased it thinking it would be what they said it was going to be *can't get a refund* now they have decided to change the game.

Comments

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

What.

Tell me, random forum user, what is your gripe with ANet/GW2 that angers you so much that you decide to create a thread about it, in order to vent your frustration?

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503
    Do you honestly want to get a refund on a buy to play game after spending 3 months playing it? On second thoughts, i didnt enjoy the Avengers that much, i may just ask the cinema for my money back too.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    So dramatic. It's a video game, if you don't like it stop playing. Get over it. I love my MMORPGs but some people are just way to emotionally dependent on their games.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    I would still say yes.  Many, many people are playing and many more people will play again the future.  As GW1 did, this game will evolve and people will play and enjoy it.   People are gonna hate and people are gonna be fan boys.  Then there are the majority, the others, who just play games and don't worry about the drama.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Originally posted by freston
    Do you honestly want to get a refund on a buy to play game after spending 3 months playing it? On second thoughts, i didnt enjoy the Avengers that much, i may just ask the cinema for my money back too.

Didn't like the Avengers!? Heresy!!!

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Alot

What.

Tell me, random forum user, what is your gripe with ANet/GW2 that angers you so much that you decide to create a thread about it, in order to vent your frustration?

we'll probably never know...  unless he decides to actually say something that isnt just some pseudo intellectual bullcxxp ..  thats the thing about pseudo intellectuals, they exist only to annoy the real onesimage

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Alot

What.

Apparently something pissed him off enough to...create a new alt far from the source of his discontent.

Ineffectual, but at least it's relatively safe from consquence.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• grindwars2grindwars2 Member Posts: 3
    I've made this account to post this. It's the only one. They changed the foundations of the game they said they were gonna make. The ones who followed the game the longest and bought it upfront got shafted. Any trolls need more clarification?  They shafted us and they deserve no credibility and I will spread the word anywhere I can.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Well not wanting to fuel this topic much, I have to admit i always felt they spoke condensending of the player with a lot of their blog posts addressing stuff. In particular the 'things you can do at the end' post in particular felt like a jab at players calling them out as idiots. I feel its more of the 'one know better then you' tone they try to push out as if they know everything and think your wrong that they tend to present in their posts that irks me.

That being said, its more of the tone they use rather then direct issues I've seen so I can't go about completely bashing away at them.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

No changing the game would be to add a new teir above Legendary.

That have yet to happen. The way i see it/understand it is that people felt that thing got a bit boring on the way tp the top and wanted a smaller goal to reach on the way to get some extra "pat on the shoulder" and seeing as Anet is completley dependent on people getting the next expansion i would think that bending to the majority would be a wise move.

But what do i know, i neither play GW2 nor do a design games.

This have been a good conversation

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Somewhere down the line you forgot why you started gaming.
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    How many threads like this are really necessary?  Why not just post in one of the several threads that already hit on this subject.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

Originally posted by Purutzil

Well not wanting to fuel this topic much, I have to admit i always felt they spoke condensending of the player with a lot of their blog posts addressing stuff. In particular the 'things you can do at the end' post in particular felt like a jab at players calling them out as idiots. I feel its more of the 'one know better then you' tone they try to push out as if they know everything and think your wrong that they tend to present in their posts that irks me.

That being said, its more of the tone they use rather then direct issues I've seen so I can't go about completely bashing away at them.

That is exactly what has appealed to me (and others I guess) so much. Not the tone, exactly, since that is straight-up interpretation, but the fact that they intended and still intend to tackle what has become the boring staple of today's MMO's.

That said, people start rioting over the silliest things these days. I still can't quite grasp what is oh-so wrong with what ANet is doing.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    It's very obvious that It's more of the same threads and someone from those threads didn't get all the attention they wanted and doesn't just want to create yet another thread to be called for trolling, so they created another account and another thread.

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Do you see where the whiners went wrong here?  It's kind of like here.  Don't be a total dick.  Don't call the staff or mods idiots or assholes and there is a good chance you can avoid a ban.  Don't repost inflammatory topics, even if you're "right".  It's ood how this sort of thing escapes people.  ANet doesn't have a corner on this market.  Most game forums or fansites don't put up with that sort of thing.

Reminds me of calling customer support. Great article:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-idiotic-misconceptions-about-calling-customer-service/

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Castillle

ITS THE APOCALYPSE!

"Doom" will do.   Less typing.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• teotiusteotius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Theres diffrence between respectful and idiot.
  • IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

I dont understand why you disregard his/her post. ANet changed a working gear progression from GW1 to a gear treadmill. His/her reasoning is easily understandable and ANet lost a lot of credibility with the introduction of Ascended gear having better stats in both gear itself and infusions that can be used as upgrades.

In fact, the new gear goes against a fundamental design decision that a lot of people acclaimed ANet for. Bait and switch. There are even hints to why this is happening. See "Under New Management" (an achievement from a JP) among others. Things are happening over there and a lot of customers are not liking it. Probably some devs at ANet don't like it either or they wouldn't add these hints to their own game.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

That's all hype.

Truth is it's a fun MMO-lite fare.   Comparable to an episode of Happy Days.  If you went in expecting Shakespeare, well, that's....nevermind.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by lestatt35

<>

Respect for your intelligence: They tell you ascended is there to "fill the 'gap' between exotics and legendary". Uhuh, right, all the sudden there's a gap to be filled, folks! Then you get a response that doesn't say anything.  Don't you find the double talk disrespectful?

Respect for your time: You follow the game for years, keep reading all that awesome "no grind" "is it fun?" "game we'd like to play" talk. It launches, it's great, you invest *600+ hours* into it thinking you'll be playing an awesome game for years and BAM they bail on the game's core 'design philosophies'.

Respect for the player investment: Fully supportive players who have pre-purchased it thinking it would be what they said it was going to be *can't get a refund* now they have decided to change the game.

Does ANet deserve respect now?

They used us to herald the game and build the hype, now they finally managed to screw us they won't even call anymore lol. Go ahead guys, have a laugh and say you told us so.

Someone fell for a company's marketing onslaught? Oh noes!

The marketing people did their jobs. What do people think this is? Charity work? image

I'm sorry, people like this do not deserve sympathy and yes, we DID tell you so MONTHS ago. Feel free to browse my history.

One thing I cannot do is laugh though. 

Since you stuck with the game far longer than others did because you genuinely liked it, had your expectations been levelled from the start, I strongly believe you wouldn't have gotten to this point ---> Making an alt to share this with us, because you're ashamed. Hence why I cannot laugh. It´s tragic.

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by Castillle

ITS THE APOCALYPSE!

"Doom" will do.   Less typing.

Plus it's not the apocalypse for another month and 3 days...

• shadylurkershadylurker Member Posts: 47

MMORPG is full of people like OP, just coming here to bash a game, They don't even like MMO's  they just wander from game launch to game launch, but what they refuse to aknowledge is their lives  which have been lost in the abyss known as the internet.  Going from every high to every low with every new game, these kids expect the universe to be given to them, their sense of wonder and imagination is gone.  They don't even remember what it feels like to enjoy a game, they are just looking for that next escape from reality....not another game, so they come here on these forums and create drama to occupy their minds and take them away from the pain that is their life.

Turn off your computer OP, maybe unplug it for a week.  It's time to come back to the realm of the functional members of society.  Your parents, siblings, or kids love you.  They want to spend time with you.

It's time to go to them

you c--t.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by NBlitz
    Originally posted by lestatt35

<>

Does ANet deserve respect now?

They used us to herald the game and build the hype, now they finally managed to screw us they won't even call anymore lol. Go ahead guys, have a laugh and say you told us so.

The marketing people did their jobs. What do people think this is? Charity work? image

I'm sorry, people like this do not deserve sympathy and yes, we DID tell you so MONTHS ago. Feel free to browse my history.

Since you stuck with the game far longer than others did because you genuinely liked it, had your expectations been levelled from the start, I strongly believe you wouldn't have gotten to this point ---> Making an alt to share this with us, because you're ashamed. Hence why I cannot laugh. It´s tragic.

This.  Why can't those fans and defenders of the almighty GW2 just admit they bought into the hype?  Why the need to hide behind an alt?

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    I wish the mods would merge all the threads discussing this topic into one mega thread like they did on the official forums. Some of them have some sneaky titles and I realize I'm reading one of these threads halfway through the post when I started making sense of the OP.
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by NBlitz

This.  Why can't those fans and defenders of the almighty GW2 just admit they bought into the hype?  Why the need to hide behind an alt?

What's your big obsession over 'hype'? Almost all of the 'hype' for GW2 was player-generated for once. Most of the posters like the OP here are actually quite shameless. Some of the threads have been repeatedly created by people who are also constantly making threads like 'I'm done w/ GW2, uninstalled'.

It's all just melodrama. Many players, even ones that have issues with the update are still enjoying GW2 to varying degrees. However, it's only the extremely entitled players with a taste for attention who feel the need to constantly post about it on the forums.

Never seen so much whining & hypocracy over a free content update.

This discussion has been closed.