Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you still playing D3?

123457»

Comments

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Is this some sort of weird self-affirmation test?

"Hey guys, is it all right if I'm still playing this? I'm not a nerd or anything, am I?  Guys?"

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Banquetto

I know Xfire is meaningless.. and I know it can't be used to measure or prove anything reliably. I know these things.. but I can't help but wonder how D3's continuing massive playtime on Xfire, six months after release, meshes up with the accepted dogma that everyone hated D3 and nobody plays it?

1.04 and 1.05 ... once you put in paragon level (almost unlimited progression), better legendary drop, and monster level (as easy or as hard as you want it) .. it has legs. It provides a challenge at almost ANY gear level.

I don't know about others .. i like it. And the channels are always full whether i play.

Originally posted by Oberholzer
    Not playing at the moment but I still read posts about D3.

have you tried after 1.05?

• JuicemanJuiceman Member Posts: 167
    Still playing, 1.0.5 patch is fun, monster power, and all that.  Hard to find ppl to friend up with for Mp runs tho. Running ur ol public game siege runs kinda sucks.  Also sucks the way they nerfed procs for everyt skill jsut cuz of critical mass, they couldve reduced the way crit mass procs instead.  i do have to GAH for good gear, that might be a problem for many people.  Remember good ol trading n stuff though, its not that much different, easier even once u scope out the AH enough to know what to sell n buy daily.  quicker too.  Still needs a bit of fixing and balancing but I play my wiz, don't perfma freeze, and have quite a bit of fun.  You either enjoy it or you don't...
  • wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719
    1.0.5 was probably the first step in the right direction. All previous patches sucked and blowed. 1.0.4 was so horrible it made me quit playing but now I'm back and it's not that bad. Finally we can farm L63 mobs in act 1. (I know I'll never get gear for act 2 since I don't use RMAH.)

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Stopped months ago. 
  • AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Nope I stopped awhile ago as well , playing a much better game in my opinion Torchlight 2 and for the half the cost!
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

I recently returned.  the fixes to D3 in recent patches have made a huge improvement.  If they can add ladders, charms, runes and runewords along with PVP they'd be much closer to D2 in  quality and fun.  Right now I'm leveling paragon levels and testing my barb in inferno to see how he does now that they nerfed inferno.  The combat in D3 is amazing, it was all of the other stuff that was lacking in comparison with D2.

I bought Torchlight 2 recently but that game bored me to death.   Their forums are dead now as are their servers.  They have major issues with people in different NG games not being able to group together and they still haven't released their mod editor tools.  Anyone can hack their character and remove the cheater flag if they want and the graphics are crap.  Torchlight 1 got me about 2 hours per dollar spent and TL2 got me about 3.  But just like TL1, I'll never return to TL2 ever again whereas D3 has me back and likely will get me 10+ hours per dollar when all is said and done.

Path of Exile has already missed their chance to take advantage of the early disappointment with D3.  POE will be DOA.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

I recently returned.  the fixes to D3 in recent patches have made a huge improvement.  If they can add ladders, charms, runes and runewords along with PVP they'd be much closer to D2 in  quality and fun.  Right now I'm leveling paragon levels and testing my barb in inferno to see how he does now that they nerfed inferno.  The combat in D3 is amazing, it was all of the other stuff that was lacking in comparison with D2.

I hate to break it to you, but the devs have already stated during development there will never be ladders.   If we are lucky they may change their minds.

IMHO, runes, runewords and PvP will not make it into D3, and if PvP does make it in the future it is going to be governed by it's own set of equipment and battlegrounds.  It won't be like anything in D2.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by thinktank001

I hate to break it to you, but the devs have already stated during development there will never be ladders.   If we are lucky they may change their minds.

IMHO, runes, runewords and PvP will not make it into D3, and if PvP does make it in the future it is going to be governed by it's own set of equipment and battlegrounds.  It won't be like anything in D2.

PvP will make it into D3. It was confirmed a long time ago by Blizzard.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• hazyhazy Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by fivoroth

Yeah well they also confirmed the game wasn't going to suck so take the with a grain of salt.

Originally posted by wowfan1996
    1.0.5 was probably the first step in the right direction. All previous patches sucked and blowed. 1.0.4 was so horrible it made me quit playing but now I'm back and it's not that bad. Finally we can farm L63 mobs in act 1. (I know I'll never get gear for act 2 since I don't use RMAH.)

I disagree .. i think every patch is a plus. They put paragon levels in 1.04, right? What is so bad about 1.04? 1.05 is good though. Finally i can farm whatever act i want, and not be restricted to Act 3.

Monster Power really make the game a lot more fun.

Actually even if you don't use RMAH, why can't you get gear from the gold AH?

Are you farming keys & doing uber? That is fun too.

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

I disagree .. i think every patch is a plus. They put paragon levels in 1.04, right? What is so bad about 1.04? 1.05 is good though. Finally i can farm whatever act i want, and not be restricted to Act 3.

I agree 1.0.4 and 1.0.5 were both steps in the right direction.  Paragn XP gave something to do besides just farming for items and 1.0.5 gave  much needed buff to the legendaries.  There is still a long way to go but the game continues to get better.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Been leveling paragons and upgrading my original main (a Barb).  I'm only at paragon level 9 but am feeling a little burned out.  I do have goals in the game, with the first one being a hellfire ring.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by hazy

Yeah well they also confirmed the game wasn't going to suck so take the with a grain of salt.

Whether the game sucks or not is very subjective. PvP is the only thing that gave D2 longetivity. People grinded for items so that they can use those items to kill people in duels. No PvP = no point in the game.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Whether the game sucks or not is very subjective. PvP is the only thing that gave D2 longetivity. People grinded for items so that they can use those items to kill people in duels. No PvP = no point in the game.

Speaking of subjective, I played D2 for many, many years. Never PvP'd even one single time in all those years.

• Arcondo87Arcondo87 Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by Ingvar

No, its a single player rpg, you beat the game, uninstall it and forget about it, like all the others

^ this....i see no point in playing it any more...i just wanted to see how the story line was.

Still playing since May launch day ... pretty good staying power for me.

Monster level & inferno machine really make it into a new game .. and there are actually more builds to explore after all this time. I am impressed.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    No.  I stopped months ago.
  • AbdarAbdar Member UncommonPosts: 400

Yes in a sense.. only log in to work the AH's.. then log off. It's not a lot, but if I can put a little profit in my paypal account each week.. why not.

Game itself was boring after the first month.

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Rise from the dead thread.... RISE!!!!! This thread has been necro'd image

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Originally posted by UNH0LYEV1L
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

I agree 1.0.4 and 1.0.5 were both steps in the right direction.  Paragn XP gave something to do besides just farming for items and 1.0.5 gave  much needed buff to the legendaries.  There is still a long way to go but the game continues to get better.

1.0.4 was a huge step in the WRONG direction. It completely destroyed all Wiz and DH defensive builds and nerfed the hell out of WW Barb. In general 1.0.4 was the last, desperate attempt to force everyone to use RMAH. Paragon system could not compensate for that because temporarily there was no class/build that could do Inferno (even act 1) with affordable non-RMAH gear.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154

only played it for a couple of days :<

i played it non-stop till i finished the game then stopped playing it heh :P

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com