Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP Full On? PvE options?

Hi, I was how hardcore the game will be. Is PvP a forced option? Will there be PvE servers?

I don't mind PvP, but it's something I normally like as an option. Would love to hear what options are in this game for that.

Thx

Comments

• JogobogosJogobogos Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Hello! Gloria Victis is not really a casual game. There will be open world PvP with cities acting as safe zones in both the normal and roleplay servers. However, killing players of a lower level will have negative consequences and there won't be a full loot drop, propaly the player will drop one item when they die.
  • dtportnoy69dtportnoy69 Member Posts: 28
    Hi, thanks for the reply. Ok that seems to be a good medium. Full loot drop would be very frustrating if its open PvP. If it was zoned PvP i wouldn't mind full loot drop. Now I am interested :)
  • NefastusNefastus Member Posts: 71
    No full loot? No thanks.

Nefastus - Enclave

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Full loot grief games are fantastic when you can wake up every day, wander to your fridge, and fill up a plate before you plop down to knock out 12 -16 hours of gaming time.

For the majority of the age 24+ population that have children, jobs, a mortgage, let's just say that we are forced to play elsewhere.  But fair is fair, and I believe the folks with tons of free time deserve games other than Darkfall and Mortal Online.

So why not have a server that provides the most hard core rules - heck, you should toss in perma death as well since we are on the topic.  It's not truly hard core without perma death! lol.

/my two cents

Since when full loot equal griefing?

Also, ironically sandbox games with open pvp and full loot generally have the older audience, as opposed to what you claim.

Nefastus - Enclave

• dtportnoy69dtportnoy69 Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by Nefastus
    Since when full loot equal griefing? Also, ironically sandbox games with open pvp and full loot generally have the older audience, as opposed to what you claim.

I'm not sure if that's accurate. Even if it is, the griefers are louder than the mature audience. 

Griefing was a pain in Ultima Online and Darkfall Online and turned me off of full loot PvP.  I'm not saying mold the game to my needs, just checking if what I like in a game is in this game. I think dropping 1 item is a good medium. Although res griefing would still be annoying.

• BobRossBobRoss Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 213
    I cant wait until they make a game where its Full on PVP anywhere, Full Loot and If you get killed it autoblocks your IP so you cannot play the game anymore. This should please the PvP people. 
  • JogobogosJogobogos Member UncommonPosts: 172

Haha BobRoss, your comment made me like this:

Originally posted by BobRoss
    I cant wait until they make a game where its Full on PVP anywhere, Full Loot and If you get killed it autoblocks your IP so you cannot play the game anymore. This should please the PvP people. 

Oh you are so funny,.

Nefastus - Enclave

• benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293

"At this moment you can sneak/walk/run/sprint/jump/swim/evade. There are no rolls since they don't really fit to a knight with full plate. We saw a guy in full plate doing rolls in real life just to prove us its possible, but still we think evades done by small jumps in sides are better :P"

Found this on forum. If you want to avoid pvp you should just work on your stealth :) Add full loot please. Ppl just need to learn to adjust their playstyle a bit :P

Source: http://forum.gloriavictisgame.com/showthread.php?tid=1245

• LotuslLotusl Member Posts: 2

Gloria Victis, as many have said already, has a lot PvP. You can PvP in 3 places:

a) Arenas

b) Sieges

c) Fightning zones (the wilds)

The game is pre-alpha, so nothing is sure, but players want a unique game, with makes you fear death in some way. I myself prefer the PvE aspect of MMOs, but I will be able to enjoy Gloria Victis a lot for these reasons:

-BEST community (I've never seen one bit of hate of forums)

-We VOTE for the content in the game ! How awesome is that ? On top of that, the community isn't inflexible and is willing to do compromises. Everyone is very constructive.

-Dark environments

-Realistic, non locked combat

-No magic

-PvP

-You can't be a jack-of-all-trades in GV. You cannot master every skill.

-And so many other reasons

If it's the PvP that worries you, believe me, it won't be an issue. I'm a PvE player myself and I've enjoyed my pre-alpha experience immensely so far. If you're afraid to die just find a group of friends to travel with/join a questing guild and you'll be fine. There IS room for PvE players in GV :) 

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by Lotusl

Gloria Victis, as many have said already, has a lot PvP. You can PvP in 3 places:

a) Arenas

b) Sieges

c) Fightning zones (the wilds)

The game is pre-alpha, so nothing is sure, but players want a unique game, with makes you fear death in some way. I myself prefer the PvE aspect of MMOs, but I will be able to enjoy Gloria Victis a lot for these reasons:

-BEST community (I've never seen one bit of hate of forums)

-We VOTE for the content in the game ! How awesome is that ? On top of that, the community isn't inflexible and is willing to do compromises. Everyone is very constructive.

-Dark environments

-Realistic, non locked combat

-No magic Will be limited (very difficult to aquire) Noone will start with Magic.

-PvP

-You can't be a jack-of-all-trades in GV. You cannot master every skill.

-And so many other reasons

If it's the PvP that worries you, believe me, it won't be an issue. I'm a PvE player myself and I've enjoyed my pre-alpha experience immensely so far. If you're afraid to die just find a group of friends to travel with/join a questing guild and you'll be fine. There IS room for PvE players in GV :) 

I second this Lotus excpet for a little change which I have read. I am very excited to be part of this growing diverse community!