Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost Shores what a mess .

13»

Comments

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by xpiher
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by nationalcity
    Originally posted by wordiz
    The new zone is empty. Dead. 

Everyone left after annoucement of Wow gear treadmill.....

Adding another rarity is hardly comparible with all Wows raid gear tiers. And we have no clue yet how grindy they will be, 

Yes we do. The componts to make the rings are already for sale by the Fractal token trader. I did nothing but fractal yesterday in a mix of groups skill level. Its going to take longer than 60hrs to get the ring componet of the Ascended ring unless ANET changes something. 

Hopefully they dont, since this is what is supposed to keep people playing PvE. If they make it too easy to obtain then there was no point adding it in, because it will just become the new exotics.

• teotiusteotius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Wow... :O
  • AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by NBlitz
    Originally posted by Airwren
    Originally posted by teotius
    And the point of this post is?

What's the point of your post?  Yeah stfu.

Seriously though, the new dungeon is pretty neat.  Unfortunately it looks like Anet is going to use the Mystic Toilet pretty heavily in their PvE content for gear items.  Frankly, fuck them because I think this is the dumbest idea I've seen in an MMO in a long time.  Others may enjoy it, I don't and I have no desire to keep playing a game that uses that type of a system for loots/rewards.  This game is quickly reminding me of SWTOR in its shitty post launch development and the continual missteps that are being taken by their dev team.  Almost makes me wonder if anyone that developed GW1 really still works at Anet. 

RNG...makes me wonder.

[tinfoil hat] GW2 wants to make it big in Asia. The Western crowd is too fickle and whiny nowadays. Which makes the road to being the #1 MMORPG hard. ArenaNet Founder Mike O'Brien Will Be Satisfied When Guild Wars 2 Is The Most Successful MMO, Period [/tinfoil hat]

I had read snippets of this article and his commentary on Massively but hadn't taken the time to actually read the article from start to finish.  Dear lord I cringed after reading it, because this game isn't going to come close to 'beating' WoW.  It just isn't that good of a game.  It's not terrible, but I don't know how anyone with a straight face can say this game has any chance (in its current form) of getting there, unless WoW drops a lot of subs.  [tinfoil hat] GW2 is currently at about 1 million players that consistently log in on a weekly basis, and losing subs every week and not replacing them.  By December server merges will be announced.]

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Adding another rarity is hardly comparible with all Wows raid gear tiers. And we have no clue yet how grindy they will be, 

Yes we do. The componts to make the rings are already for sale by the Fractal token trader. I did nothing but fractal yesterday in a mix of groups skill level. Its going to take longer than 60hrs to get the ring componet of the Ascended ring unless ANET changes something. 

They released a ring and backpiece from a single dungeon yet, yes.

You really think that will be the only way to get items like that in the future? It is not unlikely at all that they will release ascended gear you can buy for karma as well and I honestly have no clue if any of the ascended items drop or not besides essence of the mist.

If indeed each part will take 60 hours each things blow but I still say it is too early to say anything for sure yet.

I did get a single drop of essence of the mist yesterday besides the tokens...

• GraeyGraey Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Originally posted by roo67
    Originally posted by teotius
    And the point of this post is?

thought it was pretty obvious . Guess not so let me spell it out so someone like you can understand it .

THE =(used, especially before a noun with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing fforce of the indefinite article a or an ): the book you gave me; Come into the house.

QUEST=a search or pursuit made in order to find or obtain something: a quest for uranium mines; a quest for knowledge.

CHAIN=a series of things connected or following in succession: a chain of events.

IS=3rd person singular present indicative of  be

BROKEN=not functioning properly; out of working order.

Got it now ? lol . If you havn't then I feel sorry for you because your obviously incapable of understanding the simplest things .

/narrows eyes and claps menancingly...touche" mothe$%^#$%...touche" lol

• April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316
    lost shores has been 1 big fail begining to end i expected a lot better from Anet

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

You really think that will be the only way to get items like that in the future? It is not unlikely at all that they will release ascended gear you can buy for karma as well and I honestly have no clue if any of the ascended items drop or not besides essence of the mist.

If indeed each part will take 60 hours each things blow but I still say it is too early to say anything for sure yet.

Hard to say if ascended items drop or not. I've been running fractals w/ some guildies & friends this weekend, and we've gotten upto difficulty 9, but not one ascended item aside from those mats have dropped for us so far.

Supposedly there's been some 150+ items added to the Mystic Forge, though. And some of them are ascended back pieces. There's a good possibility that the ascended items may all be forge recipes. No one seems to know yet.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by aesperus

Hard to say if ascended items drop or not. I've been running fractals w/ some guildies & friends this weekend, and we've gotten upto difficulty 9, but not one ascended item aside from those mats have dropped for us so far.

Supposedly there's been some 150+ items added to the Mystic Forge, though. And some of them are ascended back pieces. There's a good possibility that the ascended items may all be forge recipes. No one seems to know yet.

And that is just how it looks after they introduced the first few items, how things will look in the future is rather impossible to tell.

But I do think those rings seems to take far too long to get, but frankly is a dungeon gear set of rares the same. Lets wait and see until they actually add full sets before totally trashing the rarity.

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by aesperus

And that is just how it looks after they introduced the first few items, how things will look in the future is rather impossible to tell.

But I do think those rings seems to take far too long to get, but frankly is a dungeon gear set of rares the same. Lets wait and see until they actually add full sets before totally trashing the rarity.

I think that in the actual blogspot they specifically say that they are adding more ways to get acsended items over time. I think the goal is to be able to get them the same way as exotics in other words everywhere.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by TheIronLegion
    Originally posted by Daddydazzle

one time event that is unplayable. unfreekin real..

i even tried to fraps the event yesterday for those that missed it, but i think i would have rather missed it. it was so bad i didn't even post it to my youtube channel.

only bright side i can see to this whole thing is that i don't pay a sub.

anyone else remember Anet saying, "we wont put out anything until it's ready."   ???

time to upgrade your pooter bro. No lag on my end. Also...frapsing during what could be classified as a massive raid. The game is already graphically intense and demanding of our systems, next throw 100+ people in a CITY with its npcs and other nonsense happening - not even in an exploreable area or in WvW, and then you want to add fraps to that?

I'd reseat your GPU and CPU just to make sure that nothing went wrong during all that. I've seen GPU's loose them selves from pci express slots from being overworked or from bad overclocks. Despite populare belief there are electric charges moving through your motherboard. And alot to your GPU.

But really. I had no lag. FPS was between 40-60 the whole time. GW2 plays incredibly well on my system.

i5 2400k 4.0ghz

GTX 460 2GB + GTX 460 2GB

512GB SSD - which is what GW2 sits on

16GB RAM - not that it matters.

Except the fact that the lag during the event was either serverside or network based.

It will take some time for arenanet to figure out all the bugs in theeventscripting.but with the first expansionpack that should work flawlesly  , no more hanging npcs that ruin events.  But the serverside lag during mass events will be a much harder nut to crack.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Originally posted by TheIronLegion
    Originally posted by Daddydazzle

one time event that is unplayable. unfreekin real..

i even tried to fraps the event yesterday for those that missed it, but i think i would have rather missed it. it was so bad i didn't even post it to my youtube channel.

only bright side i can see to this whole thing is that i don't pay a sub.

anyone else remember Anet saying, "we wont put out anything until it's ready."   ???

time to upgrade your pooter bro. No lag on my end. Also...frapsing during what could be classified as a massive raid. The game is already graphically intense and demanding of our systems, next throw 100+ people in a CITY with its npcs and other nonsense happening - not even in an exploreable area or in WvW, and then you want to add fraps to that?

I'd reseat your GPU and CPU just to make sure that nothing went wrong during all that. I've seen GPU's loose them selves from pci express slots from being overworked or from bad overclocks. Despite populare belief there are electric charges moving through your motherboard. And alot to your GPU.

But really. I had no lag. FPS was between 40-60 the whole time. GW2 plays incredibly well on my system.

i5 2400k 4.0ghz

GTX 460 2GB + GTX 460 2GB

512GB SSD - which is what GW2 sits on

16GB RAM - not that it matters.

my PC set up isn't slacking at all. 3570k, 670ftw, 16g ram, ssd, and a hefty power supply. thanks Quiz for the buying tips.

the server lag is mentioned all over the gw2 forums.

i killed the fraps after about 3 min. and kept tryin to play for another 30 before i just got pissed off and posted event lag issues in the mega thread that was already on the gw2 forums.

edit: should add that was all day one. day two consisted of no event popping up in my overflow server. love these one time events. glad i didn't set time aside for these or anything..

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Gave up on the earlier stages of the quests because every damn NPC was bugged out.

Missed the big event because it was while I was at work (Monday morning in my timezone).

Checked the forums at lunchtime and saw that exotics, 20-slot bags and legendary precursors had been handed out like candy.

Yeah, I'm impressed with this event. Really.