Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Hate

13»

Comments

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by Energyo

What psykobilly said is correct. The game is much more complicated now and more of a chore now than it was 2 years ago. I would rather the game patch itself to pre-butchery. I will admit that I am playing now and that the last patch and next patch kind of gives me some hope. But that hope comes from them fixing several weapon balance issues that has been in the game since release and more importnatly, moving skills like skinning to secondary which may just give fighters a chance to be out in the wild farming again.

The reason I decided to keep playing even with the many issues and low population is because there just simply is not another option for me. What I find a little funny is some of the names that pop up on these forums that are constantly making the same posts and are very carefully watching SV for any mistakes they make. It is almost like a few of the posters here are obsessed with hating SV. But whatever, I don't really care I just find it kind of funny. 

The people that are currently playing MO mostly agree the game is not in great shape. Everyone acknowledges that the population is down and things can be much better. I also want to throw out there that it was not SV who started begging for money, the MO community wanted to donate to SV to help game development. Now I know that there is deep hatred toward SV for some reason but does this not favor SV at least a little? That there is a community so dedicated to the game that they are willing to throw thousands of dollars at? There is also more subs then I think some people realize, including myself. Many are not logging in to the game and are keeping their accounts active to support the game. I think that should say a lot about the type of game it is.

My dear friend. The few people that keep on actively playing or just subscribing to MO can hardly see the problems that mathematicaly leading to its failure for more than 2 years now. Or at least they simply cant openly admit them and strongly demand from SV (to the point that they are allowed to demand or to ask if you preffer as paying customers from SV to man up and change their failed bussines model and the their half assed ways regarding the developement of the game itself). To give you an example: several months ago in one of the several times i ragequit dew to bugs and SV's innability to actively iron them out or simply make a decent point telling us if, when and why certain bugs are there forever. Among other things in between my points one of my suggestions was to add an option for people to buy more character slots and the reasoning behind that was simple enough: at that point SV was low on subs - if i remember correctly it was several months before Dawn came live- and the game was empty as hell. The fact that most of the remaining active hardcore players where running more than one accounts including my self. That simply wasnt feeling right. It might serving SV by milking 2x the monthly subs but simply wasnt feeling right to force people, who wanted to be somehow self efficient to pay several subs to with AAA cost, just to play a game made by an indie company in terrible state, drawned in bugs, with terribly slow developement and with awfull customer care services (to my taste). Back then all the mentaly ill fanboys acting usually as enemies of the developement and progress itself, jumped on me others using arguments others by simply being rude. Among them was a guy called "Diphrael" who -judging from his tone and his posts- would be happy to see me burn just cause he simply was disagreing with my posts and especialy with the model that would allow to players to buy more char slots instead of paying 2-3 subs. Anyways today i was laughing my ass out when i saw his suggestions in official MO forums concerning the slow death of MO cause of the constant shrinking population and among other things that where driving towards the ftp model one of his point was the option for players to buy char slots and services like transferring chars in between accounts.

Allow me to believe that people like his kind, unfortunatelly are the majority of the remaining MO players and due to the fact that they apear to be extremely loud in forums -even though the dont have anything constructive to say, they are changing their opinion driven by details like the weather or the direction that wind blows, their vision is so short that they where against developement and bug fixing in the past just cqause they where simply abusing the looholes and they where blatantly exploiting- and now that the game is about to die, cause of reasons that anyone who liked MO and the idea behind it is familiar with,  they apear as saviours and throwing their bright ideas to save the game they love.

There where several opporunities for MO followers, players to stand up, team up and raise a strong voice at SV -since they obviously didnt and still dont have a clue what they where doing- and if not push them to make small steps towards something better rather than the mess that we face today or simply get them to the point to apologize and openly admit that as a team are unable to do things for whatever reason. That would be a honest thing to do, people would have moved on and hatred towards SV wouldnt have being so heavy.  

I know too that people who arent even bothered to log in MO still running their subs cause they feel that this game have a chance to become smt good. Forgive me but i dont believe it anymore. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion ofc but given the history of SV and they way they are keep on handling MO i dont think that paying them a sub- cause honestly playing the game and have to be constantly griefed not by players but from SV due to the fact that they simply are not able to drive the bugs out, to add patches without breaking stuff - will make any good to MO or the genre of the sandbox games i like. Honestly i prefer to give the money to my little cousin as extra pochet money rather than throwing them to a company that didnt even made me feel once that they appreciate my support. Each time i bring SV's offices in my mind the only thing i can imagine is SV's (retarded to my taste) crew playing other MMO's (as Henrik openly admited several times in his own forums) while eating donuts and drinking cofee in expense of us = his playerbase. I have more sympathy to the volunteers (even though the majority of them are corrupted, rude, inneficient and a plethora of other things) cause the mentality of some of them forces them to believe that they actually do smt towards the cause of MO becoming eventually a better game, when all they do is burning theimselfs to the ground and fighiting the wars that SV should fought and at the end taking the blame for many things.

I ve said again that the donation project is not smt i m blatantly against to cause people should be able to decide how to spend their own money. Tbh it doesnt make sense to me and i cant find a logic behind a company that charges its customers a fat montly fee to ask for donations under the cross that somehow magically all the bad things of the past would go away and from now onthings would change and MO will shine. I dont see how is that possible since the fanction that is to blame for MO's state is still running MO and to me they arent even open at considering changing their failed ways. 

Take my post however you'd like to take it. I've been very very critical over the direction and development of MO. I have been vocal about it in game, in the forums (both here and on MO's forums), and on IRC. I don't think Henrik is a guy who is trying to rip people off, it really does not make much sense. If it were all about the money then the game should have been shut down by now. Awakening was not a great expansion, honestly it should never have been billed as an expansion. What awakening did was allow SV to fix and patch systems at a faster rate. They had to rebuild many of the core systems of MO, that was part of the Awakening expansion which took an enormous amount of time but did not right away show those results with its release. The initial development of Mortal Online was clearly done by many incompetent programmers, if not incompetent programmers it was just poorly managed which ultimately lead to many of its systems being poorly coded resulting in slow patch times, etc.

Have to agree with you once again that the initial developement of MO was done by many incompetent programmers. But really i dont see why you cant accept that as we speak the developement of MO is at the hands of a greatly decreased number of incompetend programmers. Why dont you simply compare the release of Awakening with previous patches. The quality was shitty in every each one of them and according to Henrik and his crew every single patch was supposed to be as bugfree as possible. But it wasnt. Every single patch was a mess and the game was frustrating and unplayable for months not weeks. Go back to Henriks and Sebastians posts to the times every after major patch when people where ragequiting and leaving MO in masses. Every single post was of the same reasuring crap that "blah blah we know that this release wasnt as smooth as we expected but we promisse you this: blah blah blah this patch delivered to us the tools to work in a much better way, which means that you should expect a great improvement on the time we do deliver the upcoming new features and the quality of them blah blah blah...". But no. The quality is the same and the time it takes to be delivered is increased since they are only 1-2 bad programmers left. But the tools they need for improvement are keep on coming in every patch. Well my friend my idea on that is that the most expensinve tool is worthless in the hands of someone who doesnt have a single idea how to use it. And that applies to SV. I honestly dont think after all this time and given their situation they gonna change things. Sebastian going back to school to learn how to properly code is a good step (even though i do believe that he is insusceptible of learning given the fact that he is repeating the same mistakes for more than 2 years now) but unfortunately its not enough and will not have any effect to MO since my guess will be that training something like that takes years and years.

Energyo if you wanna discuss the problems of MO from the beggining and the possible ways to solve them i strongly suggest (if we take as a fact that all the problems are known) is to start from the core ones. Butchery is one of the problems of MO and while some people will stand for it the majority will not. The problem here is that SV simply doesnt give a damn about feedback. Challenged Theia who came basicly to throw a glimpse at these forum, make a little bit of advertisement and reasure everyone that MO is well and dandy to link to us one single point from the feedback and suggestion part of MO official forums that did make it in game. The only one that went live is the donation system for obvious reasons. Honnesty i dont know why is that happening and lets face it if its simply innability to code or its just their mentality is thick similar to the one of mules, it doesnt really make much difference at this point since the result remains the same. I doubt if anyone in the ranks of SV has the honesty to talk about that and give some explanation.

And the other and final thing is that a process should start from the beggining. While butchery or Dawns glitching and retarded horses might be problems that needs fixing i dont think its where they should start focusing at. Bugs, glitches and loopholes are MO's no 1 problem. Some time now they are supposely focusing on bug fixing and still the game is buggy as hell. if the dont iron them out its plain silly (to put it lightly) to discuss about which features should stay and which ones should go. But lets try to be realistic here: if they could to iron out the bugs, dont you think they would?

• EnergyoEnergyo Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Originally posted by argirop

Energyo if you wanna discuss the problems of MO from the beggining and the possible ways to solve them i strongly suggest (if we take as a fact that all the problems are known) is to start from the core ones. Butchery is one of the problems of MO and while some people will stand for it the majority will not. The problem here is that SV simply doesnt give a damn about feedback. Challenged Theia who came basicly to throw a glimpse at these forum, make a little bit of advertisement and reasure everyone that MO is well and dandy to link to us one single point from the feedback and suggestion part of MO official forums that did make it in game. The only one that went live is the donation system for obvious reasons. Honnesty i dont know why is that happening and lets face it if its simply innability to code or its just their mentality is thick similar to the one of mules, it doesnt really make much difference at this point since the result remains the same. I doubt if anyone in the ranks of SV has the honesty to talk about that and give some explanation.

And the other and final thing is that a process should start from the beggining. While butchery or Dawns glitching and retarded horses might be problems that needs fixing i dont think its where they should start focusing at. Bugs, glitches and loopholes are MO's no 1 problem. Some time now they are supposely focusing on bug fixing and still the game is buggy as hell. if the dont iron them out its plain silly (to put it lightly) to discuss about which features should stay and which ones should go. But lets try to be realistic here: if they could to iron out the bugs, dont you think they would?

They've been bug fixing... I've also never said the people in these forums were wrong I was stating that it is funny to see the same names pop up on these forums raging about MO. It's the same names that have been raging about it for years, it looks more like an obsession, some of the guys are reporting issues with MO the day the issue happens meaning they are literally following it daily. If sebastian really is going to school for programming it is a good thing and for him to have done what he has without going to school for  is actually pretty impressive. Him learning and following good syntax will only help himself and make things easier. Bug fixes will always be a part of a MMO, the issues where they didn't do bug fixing goes in line with them putting in complex features that I mentioned in a previous post. The population dwindling is in large part due to the points I've made above, I really didn't think that I had to state that bugs were also a part of that. To say that they don't listen to their community is pretty absurd. For one Henrik does make posts in forums in reply to feedback and suggestions. The last patch and this upcoming patch I know were helped in part by community feedback and actually Theia has been great at what he has been doing. I'm not trying to advertise the game btw, look at my post history, I've been critical over MO. I'll tell you the real deal of what's happening not a fanboy's or a raging haters viewpoint of the game. Btw skinning in a large part is being changed because of feedback from the community.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

MO's problems are not it's mechanics or how the game works.....it's how the game doesn't work and has a ridiculous ammount of bugs. that, and the completely biast and uprofessional GMs that actually take sides in conflicts and directly meddle with gameplay.

there is not one aspect of the game which is completely bug free. not one. once you have played this game long enough you realize that 90% of all you do is just try and avoid falling victim of this or that bug, or that exploit, and so on....they just can't fix this game.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

I think if SV from day one just said. Our game is going to be broken and buggy but if you can set that aside there is some fun to be had here then people would see them in a different light.  Just admit what you cant do well, get that otr on the table and people will appreciate the things you do do well.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by snapfusion

I think if SV from day one just said. Our game is going to be broken and buggy but if you can set that aside there is some fun to be had here then people would see them in a different light.  Just admit what you cant do well, get that otr on the table and people will appreciate the things you do do well.

that is what they said pretty much, back in alpha. They also have a free trial.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Originally posted by deathshroud

They also said they had a revolutionary AI better than any other game.  They also said they were making a capital city (Tindrem) which was the largest and most complex city in any MMO. It was so amazing that you could spend your entire playtime in the city and never leave.  They also said their breeding system (was that 2 expansions back or 3) was going to revolutionize the industry.

The problem is that, even after all these YEARS, they still repeat the same basic mistake.  Over promise and under deliver.

On top of that there are numerous "shady" issues the company has engaged in...  many of which you yourself have acknowledged.  Just as I told Thea... the people (or person) in charge of the company did some things that many people find reprehensible.  When they (or he) is no longer in charge of the company, then those complaints will no longer be valid. 

That said,  I think the last thread I started on here was January.  Interest and dicussion on the game (pro and con) are at an all-time low.  

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    ain't no love in here

Clearly one of the issues is a common mistake with game design and programming. Sometimes you start to plan out things and shoot for goals that you're just uncapable of achieving. You start thinking ooh I can do this, I can do that, oh this will be neat and it's just overly ambitious. Not only that, a lot of these features sound better on paper than in an actual video game.

These are mistakes that first time game developers make, SV's problem is that their first game happens to be a MMO. They should have worked on something smaller scale first then move on to this. With that said they are still here, they are trying and they claim they can continue for like 2 years or something. 

Some people are actually enjoying the game, they want more out of it but people do enjoy the game. It offers a lot of what no other game can offer. Now by me saying that I am not trying to defend MO from all of its faults like some may try to make it seem. I'm only pointing out that people still do enjoy the game, people still play it and the game is still continuing on. I have started playing it again. Unfortunately it is not as good as it used to be (I thought MO around release and beta was great, they fix bugs and they would have done really good) but I am still able to enjoy the game.

The lack of professionalism is definitely something that is very visible to all people especially with the handling of the keep seige being reverted and then changing their minds on that. I and so many other people wish these things would change but we are aware they may not change for quite some time or ever change. But that still does not change the fact that we are still able to find enjoyment within the game. MO unfortunately seems to remain as the best option for a sandbox similar to UO. I am sure that statement will get me all kinds of flak but it's fine. 

• w4ffl3w4ffl3 Member Posts: 36

A competent team should know what it can and can't finish.  No matter what you tell your fanbase, a buggy mess is unacceptable after 3 years.  They should have thought about programming something smaller. Maybe a MUD or something instead of a graphical MMO, which they clearly couldn't handle.

Clearly one of the issues is a common mistake with game design and programming. Sometimes you start to plan out things and shoot for goals that you're just uncapable of achieving. You start thinking ooh I can do this, I can do that, oh this will be neat and it's just overly ambitious. Not only that, a lot of these features sound better on paper than in an actual video game.

These are mistakes that first time game developers make, SV's problem is that their first game happens to be a MMO. They should have worked on something smaller scale first then move on to this. With that said they are still here, they are trying and they claim they can continue for like 2 years or something. 

Some people are actually enjoying the game, they want more out of it but people do enjoy the game. It offers a lot of what no other game can offer. Now by me saying that I am not trying to defend MO from all of its faults like some may try to make it seem. I'm only pointing out that people still do enjoy the game, people still play it and the game is still continuing on. I have started playing it again. Unfortunately it is not as good as it used to be (I thought MO around release and beta was great, they fix bugs and they would have done really good) but I am still able to enjoy the game.

The lack of professionalism is definitely something that is very visible to all people especially with the handling of the keep seige being reverted and then changing their minds on that. I and so many other people wish these things would change but we are aware they may not change for quite some time or ever change. But that still does not change the fact that we are still able to find enjoyment within the game. MO unfortunately seems to remain as the best option for a sandbox similar to UO. I am sure that statement will get me all kinds of flak but it's fine. 

So a couple of hundreds that do enjoy the game (and i m being more than generous with the number) know better than several thousands that came, saw and left. Also its a bit hard but its a fact that those couple of hundreds are not capable of supporting a game on their own and its also a fact that i can hardly think of any gamers that could stick with MO for long in its current state and given the fact that SV is handling things with the same arrogance and by practicing the very same foul tacticks they where using since day one.

If you consider MO the best choice out there close to UO then i cant say anything else than i cant find any similarities at all. UO had tones of features and MO hasnt got more than a bunch and even less functional and well designed. Seriously i like fillet with cream and mushrooms but i dont see why i m forced to eat shit with cream and mushrooms just because the restaurants are out of tender meat. I cant understant that mentality honestly.

So a couple of hundreds that do enjoy the game (and i m being more than generous with the number) know better than several thousands that came, saw and left. Also its a bit hard but its a fact that those couple of hundreds are not capable of supporting a game on their own and its also a fact that i can hardly think of any gamers that could stick with MO for long in its current state and given the fact that SV is handling things with the same arrogance and by practicing the very same foul tacticks they where using since day one.

If you consider MO the best choice out there close to UO then i cant say anything else than i cant find any similarities at all. UO had tones of features and MO hasnt got more than a bunch and even less functional and well designed. Seriously i like fillet with cream and mushrooms but i dont see why i m forced to eat shit with cream and mushrooms just because the restaurants are out of tender meat. I cant understant that mentality honestly.

Well, I can say I have not been throwing numbers out there. I would say it's a safe guess to say that there are only hundreds playing and yes that is probably being generous. As I have previously stated, I'm not going to give you bull shit. There are times you can go from city to city and count a total of maybe 20ish people, not saying there is only 20 people in game but between a few cities that is pretty small. 

It seems that you're interested in arguing with as if I am someone who is trying to say Mortal Online is some great wonderful game with no flaws even though with each of my posts I think I have made myself pretty clear that I am in no way doing that. I think you're reaching a bit when you say there are no similarities between MO and UO. I will admit that there are not a LOT but the similarities are there which is why I had said what I said. No one is forcing anything on you, no one is forcing you to be in these forums, subscribe to the game, follow the game or anything. No one as far as I know is begging you to come back. The issues are most certainly there for MO and the lack of professionalism is something everyone can see. But I don't believe that anyone is trying to use foul tactics in trying to get you to subscribe. I've been following the game since beta and played almost every month from release to now, some of the crap that has been said in the past certainly is something that was not the smartest of moves from SV but to say they are continuing to do the same today is a little rediculous if you ask me. Again, I am not trying to say MO is some great, awesome, best MMO sandbox ever.

Well, I can say I have not been throwing numbers out there. I would say it's a safe guess to say that there are only hundreds playing and yes that is probably being generous. As I have previously stated, I'm not going to give you bull shit. There are times you can go from city to city and count a total of maybe 20ish people, not saying there is only 20 people in game but between a few cities that is pretty small. 

It seems that you're interested in arguing with as if I am someone who is trying to say Mortal Online is some great wonderful game with no flaws even though with each of my posts I think I have made myself pretty clear that I am in no way doing that. I think you're reaching a bit when you say there are no similarities between MO and UO. I will admit that there are not a LOT but the similarities are there which is why I had said what I said. No one is forcing anything on you, no one is forcing you to be in these forums, subscribe to the game, follow the game or anything. No one as far as I know is begging you to come back. The issues are most certainly there for MO and the lack of professionalism is something everyone can see. But I don't believe that anyone is trying to use foul tactics in trying to get you to subscribe. I've been following the game since beta and played almost every month from release to now, some of the crap that has been said in the past certainly is something that was not the smartest of moves from SV but to say they are continuing to do the same today is a little rediculous if you ask me. Again, I am not trying to say MO is some great, awesome, best MMO sandbox ever.

I see your point and the fact i dont agree with you doesnt mean i am not respecting your way of thinking. Thats why i m discussing with you and not cause i like to argue but cause i respect that you dont jumping in here throwing troll comments, bashing people and throwing insults. I also know that no one is forcing me to do all the things you mentioned but also no one can stop from coming in a gamers forum and discussing about games. The thing is that i did spend countless hours playing MO, reading the forums and i paid a good sum of money to SV by buying one boxed and one digital version and was running both of them on and off. I m entitled to judge MO and SV not only cause i was a paying customer but cause its a game and i am a gamer.

You can be positive on that SV is using foul tacticks to keep people subed and  most common ones are the lies and hype. Myself kept paying them subs only cause i had a tinny hope deep in my heart that they simply had a bumpy kickstart at release and things could only get better since then. Was also thinking that this guy Henrik Nystrom couldnt be such a blatant liar and he had to stick to his word at some point at least. But i was so bloody naive. Henrik Nystrom didnt stand to his word in anything and the game become actually worse.

As it is about my way of thinking that SV keeps on repeating the same crap till the exact moment we speak is ridiculous... really? really? Dont go far. Go few days back in time and have a look at the amount of drama that a student under the nick "Discord" pretending to be a lead GM for a company thats currently out in the stock market created for one good portion of the remaining playerbase and ended losing tenths subs.

I'm unsure of what your disagreement with me is. I'm not saying you can't come on here and post what you want nor am I saying that you are not entitled to an opinion on the game. I don't know what you're talking about with someone pretending to be Discord, haven't heard about that one.
    I'm unsure of what your disagreement with me is. I'm not saying you can't come on here and post what you want nor am I saying that you are not entitled to an opinion on the game. I don't know what you're talking about with someone pretending to be Discord, haven't heard about that one.

My disagreement with you is that MO will not make it back in one piece with decisions like removing half assed features as butchery or horse breading. The main problem behind MO is one totally incompetend team. I dont think that is possible for the team to be changed since the "mastermind" behind the team is the team itself since he is the founder, the main stock holder and obviously the one that covers  all the loses they had so far. So to me at this point theres no coming back and MO can only go down.

Now excuse me for my bad English but i think you pretty much know what i mean. No one is pretending to be Discord. Discord from the other hand whos pretending to be a professional GM created caos as he did in the past again and again but you from the other hand apear to think that me saying that SV is repeating the same mistakes as we speak is kinda ridiculous. Well guess again believing that SV will not repeat the same or similar mistakes in any given opportunity, is ridiculous and naive.

I think there's a whole bunch of misunderstandings going on and no I really didn't understand you. The game is still a fun game for many is all I was saying and if they put the fun back in the game then subs will go up.
  • grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by Toferio
    Originally posted by grimgryphon
    Originally posted by w4ffl3
    As for me, it's mostly because I think Henrik is a snake oil salesman.  He keeps promising things he can't do, failing to meet deadlines he imposes, and just generally is an incredible failure of a manager.  It's justice in my eyes to see MO doing poorly

You just described the lead of every sandbox game to come out in the past 5 years.

this pretty much

It's a shame that incompetent teams take on such complex games, only to later realize that just a raction of their promises can actually be implemented.

Whenever you hear the phrase "we are building the game we want to play", you can pretty much be certain you're dealing with a bunch of gamers who happen to understand development rather than developers who happen to understand gaming. Therein lies the problem.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    It stinks that the game will never really go anywhere due to SV's own incompetence. People like henrick and discord are their biggest issues and sv will never lose them it seems. The game will limp along like a dog with a broken leg for some time.

My questions in regards to ppl who come here to fanboi it up is how can you continue to make posts on the MO forums requesting the same fixes and changes from two years ago? How many more years can you keep saying it has potential to be something great? That tells you enough about MO imo.

I respect the posters who simply say, the game is shit, but it is still fun anyhow though this doesn't change the fact that even the fans think the game is shit.
  • Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

I can understand the hatew towards this game, even though people do tend to go overboard with hate directed towards a game.

Some people have been led to belive for years that the game would be fixed asap and its in relativly the same unplayable condition.  I know they have added stuff over the corse of the years but still...

I do think there are quite a few people who do mislead people into thinking the game is great, while that may be true on paper with the features, anyone whos actually played the game knows that this one still plays like an alpha test.

I bought and played this for about two weeks years ago and it was a horrid experience.  I tried again and it was in the same relative conditon some time later.

It does suck that if i want a game like this the most playable and entertaining version is darkfall and i have no other choice. tried all the games like this, dawntide (RIP) earthrise (RIP) Xyson (in worse shape than this game) and  its been Darkfall by a long shot for the last few years. Comparing DF to this and its comeptition is like comparing a highschool project with something professional....and DF had and will have major issues and about the same communty treatment fromt he devs, which is subpar.

Also mechanically i hate how MO has you rolling alts, i know some people LOVE skill caps that reduce options and viablity of character choice....i can stand it and seriously think that i wouldnt be able to enjoy this game even if it was flawless and stable.  I just cant stand the act of rolling alts and logging off then on again on another guy just so i can chop wood and make somethting.  There are far better ways to prevent "solider of one" syndrome without creating the need for me to roll an alt.