Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would You?

Would you give it a chance if they lightened up the F2P resrictions a bit. Like Idk not make us pay for the UI?

Comments

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Yep I totally would. I'm not playing on pure principle cause if all the nickel and diming.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    I'm playing now :P Don't really need the huge amount of action bars, it's just a matter of not using all your skills...

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

I think my biggest gripe is not being able to buy / unlock more char slots. Which is worse than the UI.

No extra char slots = unable to buy anything as have no extra characters to buy stuff on.

So this kills the F2P of it dead straight away.

This game is built around creating alts and levelling up through Legacy. How can you do that with only 2?

They did say that chars are not locked at the moment, but they will put a patch in to lcok your chars out, and can only use 2. If that happens hopefully they will add in an unlock in the store to unlock more slots / your characters. Playing with only two chars makes the game not worthwhile.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Maybe. After logging in and seeing all the annoyances of F2P for myself, I too have decided not to play it on principle. I don't expect it to happen, however, since it is clear that making the game actually playable for free was not one of their design goals. They wanted it to be just playable enough to make new players want to subscribe or pay for a bunch of unlocks. Former subscribers were pretty clearly told, "Re-subscribe or go f*** yourselves."

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Still the story is good and free, so if you only play for the story what's stopping you? :)

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Maybe.

I played during the last open beta, and didn't like it very much back then. But I don't know much about what's changed/added since release, so I was planned on checking it out when going F2P. Then I read about these retarded restrictions.

If they change the restrictions, and I like the changes, I'll try the game once more. Else it's goodbye forever.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by Freezzo
    Still the story is good and free, so if you only play for the story what's stopping you? :)

Not being able to purchase more character slots

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

They discuss to bring samesex relations in game, so stop with your whining.

Enlarge your toolbar !

Sub naow !

Obey !

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

I might but the truth is there are a lot better games out there to play and I have limited time.  But nickle and dime f2p is not an inducement to play. 

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

The cost/restrictions of the game never was its problems.

For me to regularly play it they instead would have to revamp the game. I just dont have the spare time to play the game inits current state, it feels like a singleplayer game with MMO styled grind.

They need to focus the game on playing with others instead both in PvE and PvP. And they might have payed a zillion to animate and VO all sidequests but they still should drop thatconstantly instancing players or throw cutscenes on them every second just take away the MMO feeling of a game.

I really wish the story with cutscenes were an optional and seperate part of the game just like in GW2, everyone enjoying that type of gameplay could play it, but you could also turn it off when you dont feel for it.

Right now I wouldnt play it even if it was 100% free.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by Freezzo

The story is free but the game functions (quickbar slots, reviving where you died, quick travel, travel to fleet, etc. etc.) needed to play the story are not. That's what's stopping us.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Originally posted by darkrain21
    Would you give it a chance if they lightened up the F2P resrictions a bit. Like Idk not make us pay for the UI?

i don't know how you expect anyone to take your poll seriously when one of the choices is AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.  who in their right mind wouldn't pick that instantly?!  What am i taking crazy pills?!

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by superniceguy

I think my biggest gripe is not being able to buy / unlock more char slots. Which is worse than the UI.

No extra char slots = unable to buy anything as have no extra characters to buy stuff on.

So this kills the F2P of it dead straight away.

This game is built around creating alts and levelling up through Legacy. How can you do that with only 2?

They did say that chars are not locked at the moment, but they will put a patch in to lcok your chars out, and can only use 2. If that happens hopefully they will add in an unlock in the store to unlock more slots / your characters. Playing with only two chars makes the game not worthwhile.

I think it will be addressed in the near future. There was a thread on SWTOR forum in which they said it's coming.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

No thanks they lost me with the current fremium model they went with.  There is no way I am giving them any more of my money they already got 2 ce from me and 2 six month subs.   I don't giving them money, and I am not going to log in to help boost the population. 

Hotbars is the least of the problems, they have not fixed one thing that me me cancel my subs in the first place. So the fremium rout does nothing to address those other than to let me choose 2 characters to log in on. 

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

I probably would if i thought the game had any type of a  "future".

A lot of the developers are gone (which may be argued as a good thing), the new lead fellow, well i tend to get flashbacks of Warhammer and the direction that went.

The F2p model they put in just reeks of deperation, trying to nickel and dime everything. A very sleazy attempt to make any bit of money they can, as opposed to using it to try to get folks interested in the game. Makes me want to shower just thinking about it.

If i thought the game had some direction, and there was a real chance for some (decent) future content, i might consider it, but currently, this game looks to be going no where. Just look at what they said when they took down Ilum, and where it is now..

Everything i read from them just seems like more and more spin.....

case in point,

"1. Our game is awesome. People love it and want to play it."

Jeff Hickman

Executive Producer.

Yet here you are..

/scratcheshead