Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is this different than global agenda?

SevensoddSevensodd Member Posts: 322
I haven't really looked too much into this game, and I never got the chance to play PS1.  But how does this game differ to a game like global agenda?  Are there levels?  Unique or different weapns/armor?  

Comments

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396
    Global agenda is kinda garbage, low budget
  • RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

Planetside 2 is first person in a persistent world.  You can rank up and buy new weapons, but there isn't any talent system like in global agenda.  No PvE either.

+ vehicles in planetside 2.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

instead of playing with and against 20 or so people,Planetside 2 you'll be playing with and against HUNDREDS of people..

plus its a 3 way battle,with air and ground vehicles to boot.

• SimsuSimsu Member UncommonPosts: 386

Some of the major differences are:

PS2 has no true instances. Each server has a set of maps, currently 3, in which you can teleport to and fight in. Each map is pretty large, but all players on the server are playing on one of those maps (you can teleport to each of them from your home base).

PS2 not only has infantry, tank, and air combat, it mixes all of those together at the same time. (i.e. it's very typical to be running around with flighters flying over and tanks rolling by.)

Battles are much larger (more people) and persistant.

Your character has no set "class" only a set faction. You can spawn as any class from the start and use any of the tanks/planes (as long as you have enough of the right "resources," which are build up over time depending on how much territory your faction controls, builds fairly quickly)

Other stuff is fairly similar, depending on how you want to look at it...

Weapons and upgrades are purchased with "certs" which you gain from earning experience (500=1 cert?).

You gain battle ranks (levels), but other than unlocking some extra remade gear slots (and maybe weapons?) they don't appear to mean much, other than giving an indicator of how many certs someone has earned. I'm unsure about any weapon having a battle rank requirement, but I'm sure someone will correct me.

---

I'm not a huge FPS person, but I enjoyed playing the beta. I had spent 200ish hours playing GA and I'd say if you were, at all, interested in GA that you give PS2 a shot. It has it's problems and we'll have to see how Sony works the cash shop, but the game itself it F2P and a lot of the stuff people bitch about are things that are subjective and you may or may not have a problem with as well.

• SevensoddSevensodd Member Posts: 322
    Thanks for the replies.  Another question, how much room for advancement is there?  Am I going to unluck everything the game has to offer in 40 or 50 hrs of gameplay?
  • IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    Originally posted by Sevensodd
    Thanks for the replies.  Another question, how much room for advancement is there?  Am I going to unluck everything the game has to offer in 40 or 50 hrs of gameplay?

No you will not,  I can assure you that. Maybe if you you wanted to buy your way through all the unlocks spending a small fortune, since PS2 is not a pay to win F2P model, it's a pay to skip,but all weapons can be gotten in game over time by earning cert points playing the game. There is no way you'll unlock all things for all classes in 50 hours playing normally.

It can take up to a 6 to 8 months of casual play to cert your way through the advanced tree of the role in a class you like to play the dev have said they're aiming for, how buying to skip speeds this up remains to be seen in the live game.

It's free to play, jump in and join us on Nov 20th, you'll laugh at Global agenda once you've had a few PS2 WTF moments of awe at the scale of things going on around you. Global agenda is a ant compared to PS2.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    One starts with a P and the other starts with a G
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Actually thats scary, the GA crowd are among the most obnoxious i've ever encountered, vocal minority or not, that they will undoubtedly jump into a F2P  FPS game is a no-brainer, i can only imagine what will happen when they do, and i doubt it will be pretty, especially when they find out you can shoot team mates. image
  • SimsuSimsu Member UncommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by IAmMMO

No you will not,  I can assure you that. Maybe if you you wanted to buy your way through all the unlocks spending a small fortune, since PS2 is not a pay to win F2P model, it's a pay to skip,but all weapons can be gotten in game over time by earning cert points playing the game. There is no way you'll unlock all things for all classes in 50 hours playing normally.

Basically this... Late in the beta (last week?) Sony adjusted the certificate gain rate and the weapon/upgrade costs. I think most people assumed this new adjustment was in line with what they wanted after release (for the cash shop prices/gains).

I started playing late in the beta so I don't think I can give a fair opinion on how significantly the cert rate was nerfed over long term play, but I've heard lots of complaining about it. And yeah, there's no way you're going to max everything out in 50 hours of normal play.