Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really siked about this game...

LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

Well I always been a sucker for asian kung fu movies, and I´ve grown quite tired of the orc and goblins MMOs. In comes AoW in all it´s glory. And boy could this be the game I will fall in love with. No farming wolves out in the wild. You do missions to progress, and it´s humans you fight not the classics fantasy BS mobs.

And there are some sandbox elements in here as well. It´s open world PVP. You can jump on any1 everywhere. But there can be consequences to your action, and you can got to jail. Also when you log out, you turn into a NPC, and other players, maybe from a rival clan, can kidnapp you and sell you off to slavework etc. And when you log back in you might find yourself in a cave doing slave work and will either have to fight your way out, or maybe bribe the once holding you.

There is clan wars ingame where 250v250 can fight it out. 1 clan trying to take territory of other clans. You PvP, you burn buildings, kidnapp npc's from enemy guild territory, and fight boss at end.
In clan wars there are items, which will give other clans more exp, not sure how many ppl can go there, but theres a lot PvP on the whole map. You will also be able to set taxes for the area that your clan hold.

So no safe zones, can pvp everywhere, even in some instances boss will bring peeps inside and there will be PvP, You can join the police to catch criminals etc. And there are arenas 6v6 12v12 24v24 atm 2 modes, normal team dethmatch and something like in COD Blackops, 1 person have buff 50% dmg/def but cant use potions, who kill that person gets buff.

And there is a complex crafting system and a deep player driven economic system.

So much goodies in this game, and I can´t wait to test it out when it comes out at the 11th of october for those that did the elite preorder that is only 10 bucks. See ya there perhaps.

Comments

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    it's spelled psyched.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• AvisonAvison Member Posts: 350
    Originally posted by ZigZags
    it's spelled psyched.

Oddly enough I came here to say that as well.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

A lot fo people are going to be turned off by this game because of a few things.

First they wont understand the Exp/ cultivation system, its poorly expained and it will frustrate people who arent paitent.

Second, the experience cap on life skills.

Third, the combat system isnt cut and dry, takes a lot of learning to figure out what youre supposed to do and when.

forth this new generation of ADD gamers are going to get a bit of a shock when they realize leveling takes time, theres no super grind to max level, because there is no max level. progression is based on both time spend in game and time spent waiting for your character to grow.

This game is great so far, i plan on playing it until elderscrolls/neverwinter online and as a free to play game, i think it could be top 10.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• CultOfXtcCultOfXtc Member Posts: 378
    Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

A lot fo people are going to be turned off by this game because of a few things.

First they wont understand the Exp/ cultivation system, its poorly expained and it will frustrate people who arent paitent.

Second, the experience cap on life skills.

Third, the combat system isnt cut and dry, takes a lot of learning to figure out what youre supposed to do and when.

forth this new generation of ADD gamers are going to get a bit of a shock when they realize leveling takes time, theres no super grind to max level, because there is no max level. progression is based on both time spend in game and time spent waiting for your character to grow.

This game is great so far, i plan on playing it until elderscrolls/neverwinter online and as a free to play game, i think it could be top 10.

Oddly I am installing the beta as I type and it's complexities like this that attract me.  I am a massive fan of The Secret World and they also don't spoon feed you making for interesting and exciting games.

THE SECRET WORLD - PAY ONCE PLAY FOREVER - Give it a go!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

OR PM ME FOR A BUDDY KEY (need your email address).

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

This game will really make you apprecieate the fact that time and dedication matters once again.

All the new games have this trend where you can play 2 hours a day and be as awesome as the dude who plays 18 hours a day. i personally hate that mentality and i think hard work should be reward.

This game rewards hard work thats for sure. And there are so manyt hings to do, its not just about the combat, its not just about the crafting or pvp, its about living a life in game, you can only make one character, and youa re playing that character story, and the offline training really adds life to the world, when you log off your character doesnt just dissapear, now hes the town guard, now hes the local blacksmith the chef, etc etc.

It is really amazing for a free to play game.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson