Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Play Free to Level 28 'Discovery Edition' Announced

2»

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Originally posted by NetBlaise
    Originally posted by Montaronx
    Hard not to with games like RaiderZ, C9 and Vindictus

How can you compare Tera to Raiderz? lol Omg they are worlds apart in game play and looks...

This is true, they really aren't the same.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by NetBlaise
    Originally posted by Montaronx
    Hard not to with games like RaiderZ, C9 and Vindictus

How can you compare Tera to Raiderz? lol Omg they are worlds apart in game play and looks...

This is true, they really aren't the same.

It's probably just a ploy by those people who love F2P to get everyone to try it...

I only downloaded it due to everyone saying it's just as good if not better than TERA, I couldn't last more than 45 minutes in the game.

One race, clunkier combat, skills missing stationary PvE mobs, couldnt imagine how much would miss in PvP, given even TERA has missing problems in PvP, but certainly not in PvE. Graphics, animations, sounds, everything is just a half-assed version of TERA.

It's fine for a F2P game, but that's it.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Calerxes
    Originally posted by Reizla
    I've been saying since October 2010 that TERA will go F2P and/or use cash-shops. No one beleaved me but it looks like I was right all from the start!

A blindman hits a bullseye, eventually.

Or, as I like to tell my kids in class when they eventually guess a correct answer: "Even a blind squirrel gets a nut eventually.".

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• LonzoLonzo Member UncommonPosts: 294
    I wouldnt play it een if it's free till max level

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    Originally posted by Lonzo
    I wouldnt play it een if it's free till max level

Create your account then download the game, you'll be ready for the upcoming free2play version.

The game is about 20gb 

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Wonder what the impact is going to be due to all this free to play stuff? I tried swtor free to play and just knowing how gimped the experience, I can't get into it, and the same goes here.... I know at least it gives you a good look at the game before you spend money, but personally I'm just not motivated for these anymore with all of these sub, buy to play, pay to win, item mall, ..... Blah blah blah ..... It just stinks and its very unatractive.
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    hmmm, cannot seem to play any of my old characters, have to start at level 1 and go through those painfull first 10 levels---pass
  • BeardymanBeardyman Member Posts: 50

Meh... Tera was alright at best. I guess my main problems were that the classes were mediocre and the races were horrific. :/

• DouganDouganDouganDougan Member Posts: 15
    this game is so... dissapoint
  • Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    I honestly can't see what should be p2p, B2P or f2p anymore.. I think the mistake is PRICING, yes a steady flow of cash is good to keep a business afloat but why do all these publishers and devs think there game is worth $15 a month.. Why can't someone start or try a different pricing structure.. Where is the $2, 5 or $10 a month pricing.. Most go f2p after awhile, that will in turn overcrowd the f2p segment as it is in Korea and other parts.. Is that the market most of us want to see?
  • ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Is the client streaming or do I have to DL all 20GB's at once? I've been on the fence about TERA for a while, and I figure this is a great oppourtunity to try it, but with having a max DL speed of 600KB/s, 20GB is quite a bit of time to find out that I dislike a game.