Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost Shores what a mess .

roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402

I logged in today to give the Lost shores event a try . Followed the chain quite happily till I got to Noll and found a large group of people around him only to be informed that no one should talk to him because the quest was bugged and reset everytime someone did so . Of course this being an mmo someone found it funny to stand around doing just that . Apparently the quest was going to be fixed about 8 pm UK time so I went off an played Rift instead and came back only to find Noll had gone . They didnt fix the quest they removed it all together . So I thought OK lets skip this bit and go and talk to Miyani about the Karka in Lions Arch . I get there and find its impossible to do that I'm guessing because Noll had been removed . So essentially whats happened is they have removed a vital part of the quest chain which means you can no longer take place in the events related to it . It really does need to be fixed and extended by several days .

Loved the Haloween event but this is a real mess .

Comments

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by teotius
    And the point of this post is?

Ditto?

I think his point was that the thing is a mess and needs to be fixed.  

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Well it wouldn't be upto Anet's standard if events are not bugged or broken. Things going on as usual then i guess. I am passing on the event because of bugs. 
  • roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn

Ditto?

I think his point was that the thing is a mess and needs to be fixed.  

Exactly I did say that at the end . It needs to fixed and extended because its unplayable now .

Dunno why teotius cant absorb whats written . Maybe English isn't his first language ;)

• teotiusteotius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    What i ment was. Whats the point to make topic about the same thing every 5minutes?
    What i ment was. Whats the point to make topic about the same thing every 5minutes?

I don't see any other topic about this? if someone is posting similar topics every 5 minutes front page would be flooded by now.

• emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413

Nice try, however not good enough. OP those not praying to Anet understand you.
    Originally posted by Whitebeards

I don't see any other topic about this? if someone is posting similar topics every 5 minutes front page would be flooded by now.

Exactly lol . Teotius go get some sleep . I think you concentration is way off tonight .

Originally posted by emota

I dont dislike the game its a lot of fun . Its just this events a mess .

• BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333
    Originally posted by emota

Lol, Anet sympathizers.

The events don't even start on time if you're in an overflow. Took about 45 minutes for it to start in mine.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    I am still enjoying this game but have no problem agreeing with the OP there are too many cotnent breaking bugs.Anet needs tio lift their QA game.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

lol sometimes I wonder if this is the first mmo people have played. I've played lots, and i can tell you for me this was only a minor inconvenience compared to many other game bugs I've seen. At least you didn't pay for it, they could do like SOE did with EQ2 and nickle and dime you for each mini zone addition while charging you $14.99 per month. At least for the most part anet will attempt to fix things and or make it right with players.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

While i wont deny the bug sucked, the workaround was built in basiclly lol.

In both caledon and Kessex(where the quest peeps are) The Karka randomly attack.

Guess what happens when that happens. Server flood. Which makes what happen?

Overflows. Which means fresh NPC's :)

I finished my quest, sorry buddy!

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Maybe the one time event will be extended or rescheduled.

I was going to log in tomorrow, first time in quite awhile because of the games boredom and depression it inspires.

The issues sound crappy, maybe I won't log in. /shrug  .. /shrug or /meh .. whatever....

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339

If a quest chain is broken, why not do something else until it is truly fixed? No use even posting about it. Common sense really.

EDIT: besides the phase 1 will be extended due to this reason.

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

Well feel bad for you, i did try it too and no bug whatso ever and everything went smooth in my server,

its not bugged for everybody, but ya tis sad when u come back and want to try it and its ruined by a bug,

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• thanoskkkthanoskkk Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by Vaultar

If a quest chain is broken, why not do something else until it is truly fixed? No use even posting about it. Common sense really.

Yeah, do something else like creating a thread in mmorpg and then anet will read this thread and fix it. 

He that lives upon Hope dies farting.

Well if your going to take that to its logical conclusion . Why post anything ever in these forums ? You see its a bit of a silly arguement your making and not based on common sence at all .

Also if you read my original post I did say I went off and played Rift instead . Which is what I'm doing now ( typing this while waiting for the next warfront ) .

As for gw2 theres still plenty to do in the game but I am taking a bit of break from it due to the Rift expansion coming out . I really only went back this weekend because I was interested in the one time event .  I like the game and will return to it . i want to level at least two alts at some point .

I'm in no way trying to troll it because I think its one of the best in several years . But these are gaming forums and people come here suprisingly to actually discuss games and both good and bad things that happen in them . Given this are open forums I'm quite entitled to do that( as are you ).

I think your your definition of common sence is so way off I wonder if you actually possess it yourself .

So what is use of these forums if people can not even share their experinces? wouldn't it be lot better if you just ignore topics which are not full of praise for Anet? that would be much better solution. Because you surely can not handle it.

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    The new zone is empty. Dead. 
    Originally posted by Tiller

lol sometimes I wonder if this is the first mmo people have played. I've played lots, and i can tell you for me this was only a minor inconvenience compared to many other game bugs I've seen. At least you didn't pay for it, they could do like SOE did with EQ2 and nickle and dime you for each mini zone addition while charging you $14.99 per month. At least for the most part anet will attempt to fix things and or make it right with players.

Major issue though if you've gone back for the event weekend which it what a lot people will do in Guild Wars 2 . You see the events are a major part of what will keep people returning once they have gone through to level 80 and decided to take a break . If they end up being a mess it means less people returning for the next one .

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Originally posted by wordiz

Everyone left after annoucement of Wow gear treadmill.....

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I am not really impressed by the event either.

The dungeon is great fun and the best part is that we didnt get people who already knew all the content, we had to figure everything out for ourselves like the good old days. :)

I wont comment on the new zone yet, it felt like they put up a rather limited version of it this weekend and will add the vistas and more POIs later, but I might be wrong.

The day 1 questchain was really buggy and only the mixing potion part was fun (ok, bribing the quaggan had some points too).

The events in LA was really small and they really should have turned the cap down to half that day and had twice the number of overflow servers, with all eles throwing a firework in the head of the crabs even my computer got hickup, and that never even happened in WvWvW. They could either have skipped this part or made it a huge battle, now it felt rather poor.

ANET can do a lot better as they showed this halloween. But as I said, the dungeon is really fun and it is the most important addition here.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by nationalcity

It's empty because most people are still trying to do phase 1.. I'm still not done with it because of all the bugs. I think I'm gonna give up on it. It's been a nightmare.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by nationalcity

Actually, people zerged it for 2 hours but that got pretty boring eventually. We still have half an hours overflow though.

I think he meant that there are almost no DEs is active right now which meanns the zone indeed feels rather dead.

Adding another rarity is hardly comparible with all Wows raid gear tiers. And we have no clue yet how grindy they will be, so far have we only see dungeon rewards and a few dungeon drops. If you can craft them similar to the current mystic weapons or similar it wont be a huge problem.

If getting a armor set is as much work as getting a single legendary weapon on the other side, then we do have a problem but lets discuss that problem when we see it instead of whining about stuff we have no clue about as seems to be the custom here at times.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Think this is one of the more 'someone needs to QA this' type of content patch really.

It is a 'mess' in that lots of people got stuck / wandered off because most of the quest chain / DE just didn't work.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.