Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I get back into MMO's

So not played MMO's for quite a while now. The last one I played was AOC when it was P2P. Been playing Single Players games since. Games like LOL and Diablo 3 have spoiled me, I recently tried GW 2 and I got so bored that I quit at level 5. I am thinking of giving it a go again since I am bored of D3 and LOL and I want to just play a relaxing game. I dont care for PVP much, I just want to have a fun time doing PVE and crafting. At one time I used to have a lot of time fishing and cooking in WoW, but I just dont feel like going back to that game. I want something fresh and new.

I usually only have 1 hour a day to play games, so any suggestions? Any MMO that might spark my interest again.

PS: A small mature community is preferable to a large douchebag community.

Comments

• joonkp1976joonkp1976 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by snowytechna

So not played MMO's for quite a while now. The last one I played was AOC when it was P2P. Been playing Single Players games since. Games like LOL and Diablo 3 have spoiled me, I recently tried GW 2 and I got so bored that I quit at level 5. I am thinking of giving it a go again since I am bored of D3 and LOL and I want to just play a relaxing game. I dont care for PVP much, I just want to have a fun time doing PVE and crafting. At one time I used to have a lot of time fishing and cooking in WoW, but I just dont feel like going back to that game. I want something fresh and new.

I usually only have 1 hour a day to play games, so any suggestions? Any MMO that might spark my interest again.

You are in luck...  Star Wars The Old Republic is free to play now.  The movies are god notch and the game graphics are rather lame like cartoony as in World if Warcraft but being free to play and a 20 gig monster game, it should satisfy your MMO craving just like it is doing me.  And you can also check out NCsoft's AION and Lineage 2 which are also free to play at the moment.  And as always, 'Happy' gaming you and everyone else~!

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386
    Originally posted by snowytechna

Not exactly crazy about GW2 but lvl5?

I didn't even see the real world to like lvl 10 and was lvl 5 in like less than an hour including me reading every screen of text that popped up so I am going to have to call BS on this one. If you quit a game like GW2 at lvl 5 you areant even seeing the game at all. You will never play any MMO l;ong enough to even know if you might like it or not!

• mrnukemmrnukem Member Posts: 14

You might want to look at the game list link here on MMORPG and sort to show only the F2P games, each game has a forums section here so you can get an idea of what the pros and cons are from each games mesage forum. 

here is the link to the games list http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm

** Mistrust Authority. Promote Decentralization **

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    wait til 2015 or so when the themepark era has ended.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by muffins89
    wait til 2015 or so when the themepark era has ended.

What comes after the Themepark era? Or is the genre going the way of the Adventure Game?

*a crack appears in your crystal ball

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• ereyethirnereyethirn Member Posts: 79

We're kinda at a low patch where there is a whole lad of nothing as far as mmorpgs go right now... The only 2 that are sort of worth it (if we're disregarding wow) are rift and the secret world. Neither are prefect but especially if you're looking for pve (as the pvp in both of them is shit)  they are your best bets. They both cater to a completely different crowd. I'm currently playing tsw, I enjoy the story aspect of it and I really like the skll wheel and its all a really well made environment and seting, however if you dont mind an extremely wow style levelling/questing and want tons of hardcore end game stuff to do and aren't burnt out on the fantasy genre rift is pretty goo too... I am really loking foward to next year and beyond hoping that some more decent stuff is going to come along though as the mmo market is really empty at the moment.

A small addition if you're looking for a small decent community, these 2 have awesome communities! Oh and while its on my mind... If you don't mind really thinking Eve is the other good bet...