Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All those looking for a fun, player driven, excellent economy and player base. Check inside.

2»

Comments

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    with new additions .the game is very enjoyable . the only thing was that i ran out of money and had to bid farewell to the game :(
  • KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

leading lambs to the slaughter.. be ashamed.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• ZharreZharre Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by knuckledust13
    Originally posted by Zharre

2 months and I never had one moment I can call legitimately 'fun'.

I hate the conspiracies, lying, swindling, griefing, pirating, and all the other 'lovely' stuff that brings out the absolute worst aspects of humanity I have ever encountered.

I guess you went to play EVE with your old themepark mindset.

EVE is a game ran by players and with no 'carebear' rules. If you get scammed, it IS your fault, but in themepark MMOs the developers will take players by the hand and compensate them for something they brought upon themselves. In EVE this doesn't happen and it is AWESOME.

Even on a game, every action should have a reaction. In EVE this truly happens, whereas in common copycat themeparks you can report other players for swearing (instead of using the block function), for scamming (instead of using your brain and not send gold hoping to receive the double), for griefing (instead of dealing with it and moving on), and the list goes on. If anything, this aspect makes EVE a even better mmo.

Long story short: you were too used to have your hand held by the MMO developers, and didn't liked being thrown on a true sandbox atmosphere where you are held responsible for your actions. Don't take this as a offense.

Yeah...hardly. The reason I played EVE was because it is a sci-fi sandbox (HALLELUJAH, 2 of my favorite things) and my friend was playing. Lots of assumptions there. Just about all of them wrong, except for, perhaps, I suppose I'm a carebear in real life. I treat others fairly and expect to be treated so in return. The better parts of human nature are what I seek to live by and are what are important to me. Think a person like that could easily and happily fit into EVE? Heh. 

I tried, even so. I spent 2 months having the the misfortune of seeing the worst of the community on display (no I wasn't scammed or anything like that, I do have a brain, I'm simply talking about what I saw over chat channels- oh, and being podded in newbie 'safe' space the very first day I played- what a welcoming experience that was) and despite my attempts to enjoy the game ANYWAY, I found no fun in the actual gameplay either. So I moved on, hoping to find my challenge elsewhere... but sadly WoW happened and destroyed the face of MMO gaming, and now it's all boring handholding copycat after copycat.

Enjoy your awesome. I mean that.  Different people like different things for different reasons. Like I said in my earlier post- I appreciate the game and what it's done, even if I really hate it. <shrug> I also hate chocolate ice cream. Doesn't mean I think chocolate ice cream should never be enjoyed by others.

• knuckledust13knuckledust13 Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by Kenze

+1 hahaha

Originally posted by lotaparty
    with new additions .the game is very enjoyable . the only thing was that i ran out of money and had to bid farewell to the game :(

And there will be MORE new additions in December with the new patch! AWESOME additions, including new battleships, destroyers and weapons.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Kenze

+1 hahaha

Shhh...now he knows....  image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GN-003GN-003 Member Posts: 78
    When and if CCP expands on their out of ship gameplay, I'll check it out. I played the trial a few months back and really enjoyed it, but I felt a bit detatched. Being able to walk around in your private quarters certainly helped alleviate that issue, but it's not enough for me.
    Originally posted by GN-003
    When and if CCP expands on their out of ship gameplay, I'll check it out. I played the trial a few months back and really enjoyed it, but I felt a bit detatched. Being able to walk around in your private quarters certainly helped alleviate that issue, but it's not enough for me.

Well, EVE will never have a full fledged out-of-ship action, the closed to it will be DUST, which EVE players will be able to directly influence.

• GN-003GN-003 Member Posts: 78

Well, EVE will never have a full fledged out-of-ship action, the closed to it will be DUST, which EVE players will be able to directly influence.

Sure, I suppose I meant the social aspect of the game. Being able to interact with others/world in some sort of capacity while in avatar form. I know they've talked about walk in space stations which has been met with mixed response. Seeing as how EVE is one giant world, I'm curious as to how that would actually work.

Sure, I suppose I meant the social aspect of the game. Being able to interact with others/world in some sort of capacity while in avatar form. I know they've talked about walk in space stations which has been met with mixed response. Seeing as how EVE is one giant world, I'm curious as to how that would actually work.

EVE is actually a giant universe, there are over 7.500 solar systems, each with 2-10 stations and multiples planets, asteroid belts, wormholes, gravimetric sites etc etc etc. 

The avatar interaction isn't something the oldest players would like, mainly because the true game happens inside your ship.. most call the avatar stuff to be "barbie online" haha

So, my 340 million ISK ship just got blown up.

I am not mad, in fact the only reason it did was because I bursted in a L4 mission while not fitted with the proper defenses. I learnt with the mistake through a painful kick in the nuts, thanks EVE!

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
          While Eve does have alot of things going for it, some of us just flat out don't like being a space ship....Now if they ever come up wit ha fantasy based game with Eve's mechanics then let us know.....I dont know if hte MMO they are working on is anything like that or not.
    Originally posted by Theocritus
          While Eve does have alot of things going for it, some of us just flat out don't like being a space ship....Now if they ever come up wit ha fantasy based game with Eve's mechanics then let us know.....I dont know if hte MMO they are working on is anything like that or not.

I dont understand this

EVE also has avatars while you are docked up in stations, if you want to play dress up or something lol. The fact that ships work as your regular cookie cutter mmo's characters, doesn't mean anything in practice. You can't play dress up with the ship, but that isn't the focus in EVE. The focus is having shittons of content and delivering fun times for every kind of player, from industrialists to hardcore pvpers and so on.

• CalavryCalavry Member UncommonPosts: 113
    When they offer PVE only I will sign up
  • KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by Theocritus

I believe that ccp are still working on the avatars.  I subbed to give them a go when first released, didn't think that much of them tbh.  Looked very good but I thought they were 'overdone' in that repsect especially since they had a fair loading time every time you docked at a station.  Also the controls weren't very good.  Am hoping they have a rethink after dust gets released.

Am also looking forward to what world of darkness may bring.

• zephermarkuszephermarkus Member Posts: 201
    If eve was a medievil fantasy game where I had a charater instead of a ship I would play it but fly a ship without being able to control it is boring to me now maybe if it had freelancer controls i would play it. Eve to me would be mad perfect by having planet missions for a avatar that flys your ship.
  • CalavryCalavry Member UncommonPosts: 113

I think we have different ideas on what PVE means, virtual or otherwise.

Is this really a cannon fodder recruitment thread or has eve run out of noobs to gank ?

Originally posted by zephermarkus
    If eve was a medievil fantasy game where I had a charater instead of a ship I would play it but fly a ship without being able to control it is boring to me now maybe if it had freelancer controls i would play it. Eve to me would be mad perfect by having planet missions for a avatar that flys your ship.

I read that alot.. some games tried bringing sandbox to a medieval/fantasy setting but in my opinion it just doesn't work as good as with a space game such as EVE.

And you CAN freely control your ship, but EVE has many details such as velocity being tied to the ship's mass, inercia multipliers for faster turns, thrusters and warp drives and so on. 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.