Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

question about the new continents

majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Hi there.

Just wondering: so the world size is tripled, with two new continents? And there are 10 more levels? So, what is all the space on the new continents used for? I guess that you don't quest through one area the size of the old game world for five levels, and then gain the other five levels on a continent again that size.

Is there stuff for lower levels? Or what is on those new continents?

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by maji

Hi there.

Just wondering: so the world size is tripled, with two new continents? And there are 10 more levels? So, what is all the space on the new continents used for? I guess that you don't quest through one area the size of the old game world for five levels, and then gain the other five levels on a continent again that size.

Is there stuff for lower levels? Or what is on those new continents?

Each continent is 50-60 with the full questing, rewards and lore you'd expect. Each one offers different rewards, armor skins and achievements so doing the other once you reach 60 still has some value. 

There are things like Hunt Rifts, Raid Rifts, PvP Rifts, Expert Rifts, Zone Events and World Events that happen all over the gameworld, even the old zones. All of these are random and/or dynamic. Doing these is worthwhile for any level character.

So, basically, there is reason to keep visiting zones you have already leveled through beyond questing.

Daily quests and story quests at endgame also give you reasons to keep travelling all the continents.

Numerous currencies that can only be gained in certain areas are also present and there are items that you will frequently want to keep buying.. such as a rune that can be attached to your equipment. First, you'd need the faction reputation to get the Rune (A reason to visit the zone again) and then the currency needed to buy it each time you get a new piece of gear that takes that rune.

If you are trying to get Planarite and Sourcestones to trade for equipment you can do it anywhere in the game as well.

I'll also add that getting 50-60 is not as quick as you might think. You end up covering a lot of ground for those levels. So, yes, you quest through an area the size of the old gameworld to get 10 levels, and you have two of those areas to choose from.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SwobyJSwobyJ Member Posts: 80

Both continents go from Lv 50-60. Each has one intro zone that just deals with LV 50-51, to get newer players (that didn't do Lv 50+ content in classic Rift) geared up in quest greens, and the dungeon Exodus of the Storm Queen for the dungeon blues.

Eleven new zones, not counting the new city island.

Brevane is 7 zones but can be thought of as 4ish 'regions' since some zones kind of blur into each other in story and visual theme (like City Core having a questline that quickly continues into the Eastern Holdings zone).

Dusken is more 'directed', and is 4 zones.

There are at least 2-3 zones that are pretty much designed for full Lv 60 characters, as you still gain Planar Attunement experience.

My current Live Rift experience has been:

-Lv 50-51, Cape Jule on Brevane

-Lv 52-53, City Core on Brevane

-And now I'm in Eastern Holdings Lv 53-54/55 (I forget) on Brevane.

-Once I've done those, I'll head to Dusken and go to Kingdom of Pelladane (Lv 50-51) and Seratos (Lv 52-55ish mega zone) and maybe Morban (Lv 55ish-57/58?)

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794

I hit 60 already and i can tell you you can reach it by not touching the other continent easy. Game is packed with content.

I didint touch half of the zones before i hit max lv. But i didint skip any quests, events and any opportunity that crossed my path.

And you get a lot of those in rift as game is dynamic and you never know what will cross your path :)

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2