Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Err ok where again is the new content?

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

It's sort a weird Deja Vu. As in the Halloween event, I spent an hour now trying to FIND something going on. There are NPCs in Lions Arch, blabbering something, but I could not make heads or tails of it. So I ran around in Lions Arch, trying to use those chests at the beach, but also, nothing happens.

Ok, I got mails. One pointed me to an area in the Sylvari region, went there, searched south of the Morgan Spiral, as the mail said, but alas somehow there was nothing but the usual undead from before.

Then I went to that Wizards Fief, the place from the other mail, and LO AND BEHOLD I found TWO Karkas, which I sent to the netherworld in no time.... aaaaand that was it.

Now here I stand in Wizards Fief, gazing at the ocean and wondering what the heck is going on?

EDIT Now standing again in Lions Arch, people are apparently mad. Because all the time people are yelling "LFG rank 1, 2, 4" or some gibberish.

I want my fucking quests back.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

I keep hearing (in chat) that the event is bugged? I can't find the Kraka myself. I went to Caledon Forest and Kessix Hills. NOTHING. Very lame so far unless you have a level 80 and can do the dungeon.

They picked a very bad time to do the one time event earlier in the day.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

This one isn't nearly as fun as Halloween was ><

At least not yet.

If Blingg doesn't STFU I'm going to stab myself in the earholes.

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by Tokken

I keep hearing (in chat) that the event is bugged? I can't find the Kraka myself. I went to Caledon Forest and Kessix Hills. NOTHING. Very lame so far unless you have a level 80 and can do the dungeon.

You can do the dungeon at any level, it scales you.

Also Elikal if you actually read what the npcs or chat say you will have all your answers, seriously, learn to read.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Finally I was explained you need a crowbar. Which led me to find a guy named Noll. Who... wasn't there. But 30 players were there. Then I wrote "Hey, I am Noll, incognito... please mail me 1... err 2 gold so I give you the next hint!" Whiiiiich... people somehow really didn't find funny.

I wonder why?

Oh well... back to gathering HK-51 parts...

Originally posted by austriacus

Also Elikal if you actually read what the npcs or chat say you will have all your answers, seriously, learn to read.

Wait, these NPCs SAY something I must memorize? No journal entry? No map pointer?

LAAAAAME! Too much thinking for me.... Geez. XD

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

trolol

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

Argh, I feel bad that I can't confirm or deny your complaints because I didn't actually do the events after the initial siege on Lion's Arch which would have been fun if the ArenaNet servers didn't melt during the proceedings. 

But I enjoyed the new Fractals dungeon for the time I was in there and they're still gonna be adding more content. Tomorrow, right? They're gonna add the medium sized zone and events and other supposedly awesome things will happen there and in the future. 

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Aside from the utter failure that was the one-time clusterf-event, the only content I've been able to find was the new 5-man dungeon.  I don't do instance forced grouping (I don't do any of the GW2 "dungeons") so now I guess I'm just waiting to see what else they've got.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

The problem is not to find it, thats the fun part, the problem is that all those NPC´s keep bugging out on my server and ruining the event.

I have been following a trail to a society..

I have been fighting these invaders in 2 zones allready

I am following a llead to the Quagan

But as soon as NPC come intoo it, they bug out as to many people try to kick their arses.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

1. Other than the first event NPC, the rest of the chain was bugged.

2. The 'fractal' had some initial issues but they were fixed later on.

3. Every event afterward can not be seen by players as GW2 engine just can't handle the amount of players / mobs in that small area.

Just shows ANet makes some really bad game design decision that no one in the industry makes right now.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

After the LA event i didn't even bother to log in. I will just wait for the rush to die and then i will just do the new zone. It was very lagy and server was so damn unstable. It sucked all the fun out of the event. But hey if events are not broken, bugged or laggy it wouldn't be Anet now would it be?

Not going to miss anything of value anyways.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Well considering its just a zerg event and considering the rewards are just standard stuff.... Do it for fun if you want to, but do not feel preasured to do it. You gain little. The fractuals really are the only big deal with this patch. 

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Originally posted by Elikal

Finally I was explained you need a crowbar. Which led me to find a guy named Noll. Who... wasn't there. But 30 players were there. Then I wrote "Hey, I am Noll, incognito... please mail me 1... err 2 gold so I give you the next hint!" Whiiiiich... people somehow really didn't find funny.

I wonder why?

Oh well... back to gathering HK-51 parts...

Originally posted by austriacus

Wait, these NPCs SAY something I must memorize? No journal entry? No map pointer?

LAAAAAME! Too much thinking for me.... Geez. XD

Check your mail, you should get some mail with a map piece that tells you where to go, plus mails from other NPCs that even do the "show me where to go in the map" thing like the dungeon ones.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    did a small event this morning, it was underwhelmeing. I guess I will look for the BIG event today and hope for the best

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    did a small event this morning, it was underwhelmeing. I guess I will look for the BIG event today and hope for the best

The BIG event involving the Karka was yestersday noon PST, GMT - 8. However, there's gonna be a new event today in Lion's Arch that will introduce the big island I think, if they haven't already. I'm probably gonna miss it too cause my account was wrongfully terminated last night and ArenaNet hasn't gotten back to me :( 

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    in 2 hours and 53 minutes.