Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In order to ban The BOTs, Arena Net decided to ban legit players too!

13»

Comments

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819
    Originally posted by Serelisk
    Originally posted by Lucioon
    Originally posted by gordiflu
    Originally posted by rykim86
    Originally posted by Hefaistos
    It was 1 month ago, not just 2 weeks ago, when ive stoped playing Gw2. And i care, because this is NOT how a gaming company should treat their customers in 2012!!!

LOL.

Obviously you've never owned and ran a company, much less managed one.  And no, a manager at a burger joint doesn't count.

Every company makes their policies quite clear that, by law, a customer or any other person can request at anytime.  And like every other online gaming EULA, if they suspect you of doing anything fraudulent, you're flagged.  

Honestly, the whiners who were banned are the same people who think they're doing nothing wrong by participating in riots.

Case in point, don't do crap that'll draw attention to youself.  

TADA!

What you got wrong is that legal does not necessarily mean right. I don't wanna get too philosphic.

Let's just say that, regardless what the EULA says (something that pretty much nobody reads anyway), there are some things that you should not do to your customers. One of the reasons for not doing such things is also a managing one. It's plain marketing. You don't want to build a bad reputation becouse it takes a lot to build a good one and even more to recover it if you happen to loose it.

So, when it's banning time, you want to be careful. Anet did a good job dealing with the bots, and it was a good move, but you still need to be careful with the ban hammer when your game is in such a hot spot as GW2.

The whiners and the rioters you mention happen to have something in common. Both are quite upset about how things are turning out. But I don't want to get into politics either. It's just that some people are tired and disappointed with the present MMO panorama, GW2 is the game that everybody is talking about, you make a mistake and your last good move is quickly forgotten. And that has got nothing to do with EULAS.

Regardless of whether or not there was really thousands of players that got their accounts banned accidentally, because Emails can be forged and without any further information, it could be the same person in different accounts. 

But as long as 1 person got banned that didn't do anything wrong, Arenanet would be at fault, I would rather they do what they need to, even if they have to ban the entire game just to get rid of the botters, I said do it. 

Thats how a game company should be, destroy the botters and the whole community would be better off . 

Its not like they are charging you to play the game, where 24 hours is wasting your money, once you bought the game, you own it, if it takes 24 hours to get your account back and knowing that there will be that much less botters around, as a gamer you should feel great. 

Its gamers today that is making bots and gold farmers win, because there are so many red tape the game developers have to jump through or they get posts after posts of whiners.

Woooaahh, are you actually telling me I should feel "great" that my account was "permanently terminated" (which, hopefully it isn't) because it might mean they got rid of a bunch of bots!? Clearly, as evidence by me being banned, whatever software they used to permanently ban accounts is not appropriately identifying who's even close to being a bot. Unless somehow me responding the way I did to that one guy who PM'd me didn't pass the turing test? Or how me saying in team chat in WvW "Don't take supply from keeps!" is indication of botting. Or doing the fractals of the mists dungeon, complimenting it the whole way through letting my party members know I'm havign a ton of fun is evidence of botting. 

Like, for all I know, they banned more innocent players than actual bots so why should I feel GREAT like you described?! Seriously, do you people even THINK about things before you say them? :/

If you read those forums, no one was permanently banned, if you were wrongfully banned, they ask you to provide some information then after a few hours, you are back in with only a few hours of inconveniences. 

If you can't provide those information, then you were banned correctly and there is no wrong doing. 

What you were describing is if you were banned without any ways of correcting it, then yes its their fault. But in all those forums, they provided methods for you to get your account back as long as you proved that you weren't botting. 

You should read before you try to post. 

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    A bot is usually 1 lvl 80 with 2% map completed. 

You can have 100% world completion and still use a bot program. I wouldn't believe everyones innocence just because hey have X% world completion. All it takes is running a botting program for a while and BAM you're out.

imageimage
  • SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    Originally posted by Serelisk
    Originally posted by gordiflu
    Originally posted by rykim86
    It was 1 month ago, not just 2 weeks ago, when ive stoped playing Gw2. And i care, because this is NOT how a gaming company should treat their customers in 2012!!!

LOL.

Obviously you've never owned and ran a company, much less managed one.  And no, a manager at a burger joint doesn't count.

Every company makes their policies quite clear that, by law, a customer or any other person can request at anytime.  And like every other online gaming EULA, if they suspect you of doing anything fraudulent, you're flagged.  

Honestly, the whiners who were banned are the same people who think they're doing nothing wrong by participating in riots.

Case in point, don't do crap that'll draw attention to youself.  

TADA!

What you got wrong is that legal does not necessarily mean right. I don't wanna get too philosphic.

Let's just say that, regardless what the EULA says (something that pretty much nobody reads anyway), there are some things that you should not do to your customers. One of the reasons for not doing such things is also a managing one. It's plain marketing. You don't want to build a bad reputation becouse it takes a lot to build a good one and even more to recover it if you happen to loose it.

So, when it's banning time, you want to be careful. Anet did a good job dealing with the bots, and it was a good move, but you still need to be careful with the ban hammer when your game is in such a hot spot as GW2.

The whiners and the rioters you mention happen to have something in common. Both are quite upset about how things are turning out. But I don't want to get into politics either. It's just that some people are tired and disappointed with the present MMO panorama, GW2 is the game that everybody is talking about, you make a mistake and your last good move is quickly forgotten. And that has got nothing to do with EULAS.

Regardless of whether or not there was really thousands of players that got their accounts banned accidentally, because Emails can be forged and without any further information, it could be the same person in different accounts. 

But as long as 1 person got banned that didn't do anything wrong, Arenanet would be at fault, I would rather they do what they need to, even if they have to ban the entire game just to get rid of the botters, I said do it. 

Thats how a game company should be, destroy the botters and the whole community would be better off . 

Its not like they are charging you to play the game, where 24 hours is wasting your money, once you bought the game, you own it, if it takes 24 hours to get your account back and knowing that there will be that much less botters around, as a gamer you should feel great. 

Its gamers today that is making bots and gold farmers win, because there are so many red tape the game developers have to jump through or they get posts after posts of whiners.

Woooaahh, are you actually telling me I should feel "great" that my account was "permanently terminated" (which, hopefully it isn't) because it might mean they got rid of a bunch of bots!? Clearly, as evidence by me being banned, whatever software they used to permanently ban accounts is not appropriately identifying who's even close to being a bot. Unless somehow me responding the way I did to that one guy who PM'd me didn't pass the turing test? Or how me saying in team chat in WvW "Don't take supply from keeps!" is indication of botting. Or doing the fractals of the mists dungeon, complimenting it the whole way through letting my party members know I'm havign a ton of fun is evidence of botting. 

Like, for all I know, they banned more innocent players than actual bots so why should I feel GREAT like you described?! Seriously, do you people even THINK about things before you say them? :/

If you read those forums, no one was permanently banned, if you were wrongfully banned, they ask you to provide some information then after a few hours, you are back in with only a few hours of inconveniences. 

If you can't provide those information, then you were banned correctly and there is no wrong doing. 

What you were describing is if you were banned without any ways of correcting it, then yes its their fault. But in all those forums, they provided methods for you to get your account back as long as you proved that you weren't botting. 

You should read before you try to post. 

/Facepalm...

I CAN'T READ THE FORUMS. 

I don't know where or how they want me to provide this information outside of the normal support route. I sent a ticket in game providing the information asked in the ticket like my game serial code and my account names so they can look into it as well as prove who I say I am + additional paragraphs in the email describing what I've been doing this week, my character names, how long I've played Guild Wars, etc. which wasn't asked for but I thought would maybe help. Can you please tell me the methods, if there are any, of my getting my account back without being able to access the official forums on here? 

Otherwise, please don't try to validate people's posts saying that I shoudl feel great that my account was permanently terminated. I didn't listen to someforumguy's suggestion and now I suffered a 5 point IQ decrease because of it. :/ 

Edit: It's been approxcimately 15 hours since I was banned. So much for "few hours of inconvienences".