Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combat?

Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Is this strictly a craft it and show it off type game or does it have a combat system, pve mobs, and possibly a form of pvp?

Just curious since nothing is even mentioned about anything other than crafting.

Comments

• AparitionAparition Member UncommonPosts: 91
    from what ive briefly read it will be a full loot pvp, similar to how old school UO was, i think alot of this game is loosely based on the creators love of UO actually :) dont blame him though, UO was one of, if not the best mmo made. imho

• MogusMogus Member Posts: 169

There will be PVP, PVE etc.

Yes, UO is still the best MMORPG to date. :)

www.greedmonger.com
    Did you like Ultima Online? Then you'll LOVE Greed Monger!

• AparitionAparition Member UncommonPosts: 91
    make sure you include some kind of a treasure hunter build similar to UO's please Mogus, cartography and lockpicking were rough to level, but fishing up bottles and finding maps then digging them up were some of the best fun i had in UO, got alot of cool stuff from doing it, plus made alot of cash renting my services out to people who werent as lifeless as me and didnt want to level treasure hunter skills :)

• HektorCHektorC Member Posts: 5
    Over on the GM fourms the Devs said they are working on a combat demo for us.
  • DeriumsDeriums Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by Aparition
    make sure you include some kind of a treasure hunter build similar to UO's please Mogus, cartography and lockpicking were rough to level, but fishing up bottles and finding maps then digging them up were some of the best fun i had in UO, got alot of cool stuff from doing it, plus made alot of cash renting my services out to people who werent as lifeless as me and didnt want to level treasure hunter skills :)

There is a confirmed treasure hunting skill, and map fragments :)

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Considering that the game will feature full loot PvP, will it be consent only (player faction based, like in Trammel) or FFA (like in Felucca)?

If it's FFA, how do you intend to make sure the game does not degenerate into a deathmatch arena, like Darkfall did and UO was quickly doing before Trammel was introduced?

• JamesPJamesP Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Our world is broken up into Climates (Similar to continents in WoW). Certain Climates will be Open PvP. We have 1 PvP Climate planned for Launch which I think you guys will really like! Away from those PvP Climates there will be NO PvP at all. So if you would rather just deal with Crafting and not get involved in PvP then steer your Boat clear of the PvP Climates!

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by JamesP
    Our world is broken up into Climates (Similar to continents in WoW). Certain Climates will be Open PvP. We have 1 PvP Climate planned for Launch which I think you guys will really like! Away from those PvP Climates there will be NO PvP at all. So if you would rather just deal with Crafting and not get involved in PvP then steer your Boat clear of the PvP Climates!

Perfect solution. Thank you for the clarification :)

The only problem for me is that I like to do both so I will need 2 accounts, if there is no way of creating 2 characters on one account :)

• chorizo110chorizo110 Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by tom_gore

The only problem for me is that I like to do both so I will need 2 accounts, if there is no way of creating 2 characters on one account :)

No, you will not need 2 accounts because you can travel between the zones.

Its not like having PVP-Server and non-PVP-Server, the climates are some kind of regions.

• NC360NC360 Member Posts: 67
    Away from those PvP Climates there will be NO PvP at all. So if you would rather just deal with Crafting and not get involved in PvP then steer your Boat clear of the PvP Climates!

In UO there was a feeling of danger in the world (before trammel) that added something special to that game, simply because you MIGHT be attacked by PKs. The idea of certain places one has to run to in order to allow themselves to be attacked, is not something I find very appealing. Anyway, it's just not for me I guess.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
       Well now..another crafting sandbox...is there a alpha/beta available? 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    the more i read the game sounds better and better.  too bad i spent my days playing runescape when I could have gotten into UO before it was too old
  • DeriumsDeriums Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by apocoluster
       Well now..another crafting sandbox...is there a alpha/beta available? 

No plans for Alpha invites as of right now, but they do have beta invites going for pretty much all of their kickstarter levels. Not sure If I'm allowed to link to it here. But there is a banner you can click on their forums: http://www.greedmonger.com/forum/forum.php

• HestiaHestia Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Tab targeting or action combat?
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    there is combat, but they don't talk about it cuz the game is still giving birth. The PVP will be in certain zones/areas.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• HestiaHestia Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Well yes, every MMO has combat but what kind of combat?
  • rfendtrfendt Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Yes, as chorizo stated, you can travel between climates, so 1 account would do.  Depending how they set up the starting location choices, the best bet for you would be to be in a PvE zone right next to the PvP zone.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I have to say, this game looks very interesting. I'm tempted to do the kickstarter... hmm...

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

The combat video is pretty important, in fact it will help guide my decision.

Any update on when this video will be released?

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• JamesPJamesP Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by Zekiah

We are working on it... Hopefully we will have things ready soon for it!

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

Well, git r dun!

I have a friend interested as well but we're just simply not going to put down that kind of cash without more info., especially something as important as combat.

There's just too many kickstarters out there and too many similar projects that have failed in the past so prove to us why you deserve our cash. If your combat turns out to be similar to Darkfall, especially in regards to archery, I'm so there.

Call me skeptical or whatever but I just need more info. first before I(we) jump in.

/waiting patiently

• FishmittsFishmitts Member CommonPosts: 227

Well, git r dun!

I have a friend interested as well but we're just simply not going to put down that kind of cash without more info., especially something as important as combat.

There's just too many kickstarters out there and too many similar projects that have failed in the past so prove to us why you deserve our cash. If your combat turns out to be similar to Darkfall, especially in regards to archery, I'm so there.

Call me skeptical or whatever but I just need more info. first before I(we) jump in.

/waiting patiently

Yup, thats what is keeping us from pledging. We love the idea, but we are a PvP/ Crafting clan. But dont get me wrong, many love to craft, ( I swear)  but yea, we need to know more about the combat. Did I mention we love to craft? :p 

• JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140
    how is the movement gonna be, i never played UO before is it gonna be like the normal WADS keys or mouse click and move????  and what is the monetary unit gonna be also?
  • IczerIczer Member UncommonPosts: 116
    I too miss the state of the world pre Trammel where every time out was a chance for a random encounter with pk's. I recall after trammel was introduced Felucia became really sparse with people. However, I did love the Order vs Chaos style of opt in pvp.