Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow, just wow, the current best MMORPG is RIFT

13»

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Originally posted by Foomerang   Originally posted by DavisFlight Originally posted by Foomerang I feel like Trion downplayed Hunt Rifts. They are what you wish Rifts were when the game launched. You trigger specific events, build conduits, turrets, barricades, defend positions, summon bosses, 20+ player battles with massive creatures and progress unique storylines and quest chains. All non instanced and in the open world!  
    It's sad when stuff like this, which was commonplace in 1997, now seems like  standout feature.
    Its sad that good game mechanics are making a comeback? You sound like you're just in a bad mood heh.  
    No, it's sad that the genre fell so far that people are pretending stuff like this is new and interesting. A feature like this wouldn't have been celebrated much back in the day.

If the whole game was innovative, that'd be worth celebrating. But it's about as stardard clone as it can be, with a few gimmicks bolted on. I can't enjoy the interesting bits without first slogging through all the boredom.

Whos pretending stuff like this is new? Im just glad its available. Dimensions and Hunt Rifts are a welcome addition to the game.

Should I keep replying to you? Is this something youd like to discuss? Cause if you're just venting thats cool, you dont need anyone to really reply to that.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

To all th people who say Rift does nothing different then wow heres a list for you:

Dimensions (housing)

Artifacts

Chronicles (solo and duo dungeons)

World events

Instant adventures

Rifts

Open class design

Rift started out as a excellant Wow clone but Trion has seen that staying a wow clone is death. They are constantly adding things to make it different then wow. Rift IMO is the PINNACLE of themepark mmos atm. Sure endgame still mostly consists of raiding but theres still more to do then in WoW. In Wow you either farm crafting mats, sit on main city waiting for queue/raid to start, or level an alt. In rift i can do Hunt Rifts, raid rifts, expert rifts, master mode dungeons, experts (heroics) collect artifacts, level and alt, work on my dimension, work on the current world event, and RAID.

Rift just offers more then Wow. 

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Sorry but Rift is not the best game out there, its ok at best and some elements of the game are absolutly AMAZING !!

But sadly the combat, the world, the linear quest line ect.. makes this game so painfully boring to play that in no way is this the best MMO out there .

But opinons are just that, so if you are having a great time playing then awesome, I am glad you found a game that is a good fit for you :) enjoy your many months/years in Rift.

• sleepr27sleepr27 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    I'm trying RIFT Lite and im having a blast... i used to dislike the setting of the game, but its growing on me. The game is just full of features and content and it was released a year and a half ago, pretty incredible! 
  • RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    The best current MMO? I dont know where you get that idea from, but to each their own. Maybe I was too overly excited for Rift at launch; bought 2 games and subbed the 6 month deal and only ended up playing only 2months.....

I feel your pain.. I and friends felt the same way.. We bought the game, played one character to max... Since none of us enjoy the raid hamster wheel (WoW end game), we stopped playing Rift because plaing an alt was too painful to level, and the promosed dynamic rifts fell short of expectations..  IMO, GW2 does a better job at DE's The game is broken into 3 major groups.. The instancers, The open worlders and the PvPers.....  It's a shame the devs do not show each area equal attention.. From where I sit the instancers (dungeons and raids) get a lion's portion of the dev attention..

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Other than EQ2. Rift is the only other MMO which offers so much varied content and things to do. It is definietly becoming my favorite MMO. Trion is really dedicated to their game.