Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In order to ban The BOTs, Arena Net decided to ban legit players too!

Comments

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by rykim86
    Originally posted by Hefaistos
    It was 1 month ago, not just 2 weeks ago, when ive stoped playing Gw2. And i care, because this is NOT how a gaming company should treat their customers in 2012!!!

LOL.

Obviously you've never owned and ran a company, much less managed one.  And no, a manager at a burger joint doesn't count.

Every company makes their policies quite clear that, by law, a customer or any other person can request at anytime.  And like every other online gaming EULA, if they suspect you of doing anything fraudulent, you're flagged.  

Honestly, the whiners who were banned are the same people who think they're doing nothing wrong by participating in riots.

Case in point, don't do crap that'll draw attention to youself.  

TADA!

What you got wrong is that legal does not necessarily mean right. I don't wanna get too philosphic.

Let's just say that, regardless what the EULA says (something that pretty much nobody reads anyway), there are some things that you should not do to your customers. One of the reasons for not doing such things is also a managing one. It's plain marketing. You don't want to build a bad reputation becouse it takes a lot to build a good one and even more to recover it if you happen to loose it.

So, when it's banning time, you want to be careful. Anet did a good job dealing with the bots, and it was a good move, but you still need to be careful with the ban hammer when your game is in such a hot spot as GW2.

The whiners and the rioters you mention happen to have something in common. Both are quite upset about how things are turning out. But I don't want to get into politics either. It's just that some people are tired and disappointed with the present MMO panorama, GW2 is the game that everybody is talking about, you make a mistake and your last good move is quickly forgotten. And that has got nothing to do with EULAS.

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM
    OP, so you quit the game 2 weeks ago and you still whine about and bash GW2? Why do you care?

This logic astounds me.

You honestly can't understand why he might care to discuss this?

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

No, there was no program who detected the bots.

No, there was not a research done,

No, there dont have special tools...it was just A BIG MASS BANWAVE!

Good thing is that you could unban yourself in less then a day if you provide your email/key/char name to them so they can search in your account and check if you are a bot!!! Best company ever, best game ever, for dem fp2 games.

around 4.000 accounts banned for no reason

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Blocked-Suspended-Terminated-Player-Comments

I LOVE GW2!! BEST GAME EVER! 

It is great, just don't play like a bot and you won't get banned in the first place. This is precisely why I love Arenanet so much.

Not me man, relax!!! Tell me why few thousands innocent players were banned for nothing ? As for me... Oh, i quit the game 2 weeks after ive dinged max lvl. What to do ? Farm dungeons? For a skin? Play spvp? Do WvW? So opposite realm get the keep while EU is asleep?? Fun while it lasted....NEXT!

Thanks, ive played few games that really blow my mind and GW2 is just another themepark easy game. 

Just curious why you would start a thread and voice your main concern and then go off your own subject to start bashing the game. 

Your topic had a good issue surronding it but your next message had the same old crap that is in every other post about GW2.

As far as bots are concerned, they are in every game and innocent people do get caught up in them occasionally. Like someone else said, don't play like a bot and you are fine. NEXT!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Amjoco

Good thing is that you could unban yourself in less then a day if you provide your email/key/char name to them so they can search in your account and check if you are a bot!!! Best company ever, best game ever, for dem fp2 games.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Blocked-Suspended-Terminated-Player-Comments

It is great, just don't play like a bot and you won't get banned in the first place. This is precisely why I love Arenanet so much.

Not me man, relax!!! Tell me why few thousands innocent players were banned for nothing ? As for me... Oh, i quit the game 2 weeks after ive dinged max lvl. What to do ? Farm dungeons? For a skin? Play spvp? Do WvW? So opposite realm get the keep while EU is asleep?? Fun while it lasted....NEXT!

Thanks, ive played few games that really blow my mind and GW2 is just another themepark easy game. 

Just curious why you would start a thread and voice your main concern and then go off your own subject to start bashing the game. 

Your topic had a good issue surronding it but your next message had the same old crap that is in every other post about GW2.

As far as bots are concerned, they are in every game and innocent people do get caught up in them occasionally. Like someone else said, don't play like a bot and you are fine. NEXT!

Because people are offtopic and asked me few questions. Its not polite not to answer. It was just one short offtopic. 

The last mistake ANet did is some accounts were turned manually or automatically into Grace Period Ended accounts. Its like you used your preorder key and you now how to use another key to activate your account. How can they do that? I dont know but some players are facing this problems. Wierd world broz!

ANet really wants your money. This error is back! :(

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/59839-grace-period-has-ended/

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by Epic1oots

So...you didnt know the game was like that?? mostly if not only about cosmetic farming?......

Ive considered the game due to good WvW info the best clone of Dark Age of Camelot. in my stupid mind i thought this could be close to what i want from DaoC 2...but...WvW is not what ive expected. 

Maps are small. EB has to be 3 times so the zerg should be useless. Borderlands must be the size of what 2 x EB in present. 

They had nothing in mind about strategy in WvW. Its all about zerg vs zerg. Since ANet did not want to make the maps bigger so there wont be a zerg.....now every1 fights vs doors or vs zergs. 

Good game!

There comes the time when everyone has the same amount of people and the only way to win is with clever tactics, plenty of videos in youtube with reputable guilds that do this to prove it. If you wana zerg you are gona zerg if you want to use strategy you can, the tools are there for you to use them.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Strange in my 15 years of mmo play i have never been banned.
    Maybe iam just lucky then ?

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    GW2 is getting too popular for the masses. People think that they won't get caught exploiting the game. You got what you deserved! I am playing with my guild, no one got banned. Actually, we reported many of these losers!!

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Ok, now it's clearer. At first I thought this was a thread from someone concerned about innocent players banned, but really it's just another one of those weird threads from someone who quit an MMO and now needs to validate his decision by convincing others the game or the developers are bad.

You should be clearer earlier on with this stuff, Hef.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Ok, now it's clearer. At first I thought this was a thread from someone concerned about innocent players banned, but really it's just another one of those weird threads from someone who quit an MMO and now needs to validate his decision by convincing others the game or the developers are bad.

You should be clearer earlier on with this stuff, Hef.

So, i quit the game 1 month ago, wait 1 month and then return to trash talk some company for nothing ?

Guess again, i never had in mind....i just dont agree with their Decisions and Mistakes! Ive bought and quit many games but i havent seen mistakes like this never ever!

Next you will tell me that ive waited this for 8 years (since ive registered). As you could see,  i was reading the forum for 8 years. I have 29 posts in 2012. That makes me a good reader not trash talker. And i dont need to validate a decision ive made 1 month ago. I take good time thinking if i want to spend more time playing a game, if its fun, bla bla. 

And for the record, ANet is great, people there must be great, the game is great, the CSR/Devs are great but THEY ARE MAKING STUPID MISTAKES with their customers. 

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836
    Originally posted by GreenishBlue
    GW2 is getting too popular for the masses. People think that they won't get caught exploiting the game. You got what you deserved! I am playing with my guild, no one got banned. Actually, we reported many of these losers!!

Thanks for telling me I deserved to get my account permanently terminated for gold selling which I didn't do at all, or even remotely appear to be doing. I didn't even get a warning or email, and no other location has logged into my account according to the website security feature. 

Thank you for being considerate about the innocent players who actually did get caught up in this. ._.

Stuff like this is actually starting to piss me off because I didn't "play like a bot" and I wasn't gold selling. My account never even had more than 6 gold at most yet my account has been permanently terminated. 

Like, I understand the OP is blowing it out of proportions but you guys aren't giving any consideration to the players who actually did get caught up in this...

I've been waiting 11 hours now since I initially got banned and no response from ArenaNet. :/

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Serelisk

Stuff like this is actually starting to piss me off because I didn't "play like a bot" and I wasn't gold selling. My account never even had more than 6 gold at most yet my account has been permanently terminated. 

Like, I understand the OP is blowing it out of proportions but you guys aren't giving any consideration to the players who actually did get caught up in this...

I've been waiting 11 hours now since I initially got banned and no response from ArenaNet. :/

Did you stay in one zone for too long time? Did you keep repeating something very often? Did you dodge badly? Did you play a lot of hours per day? 

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664

Its sad, but detection software isn't prefect.  I hope any person who got caught and is innocent gets their account back sooner than later.

However I am still very happy that Anet did this. 

As far as the OP goes... He is a troll.  He bashes the game, offers no proof to his claims or otherwise brings anything to the discussion.  

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by JackFrosty
    Its a B2P game, what do you expect. The more legit users they ban the more people have to go buy another copy of GW2. Pure profit for them. They get to clean up the bots and make a tidy profit at the same time with collateral damage.

yea but if you would have actually read the initial post you know how dumb your statement is ^^

trolls gonna troll i guess.

uh, and when there are 4k bans or more there WAS a script running or sth. no one does this manual.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Did you stay in one zone for too long time? Did you keep repeating something very often? Did you dodge badly? Did you play a lot of hours per day? 

Not sure how the last part would indicate me but relatively, no, and I didn't stand in one place. I was in World vs World with my other guildies and we were holding east keep Hills on Yak's Bend borderlands in the new WvW matchup. Like, there was multiple of us sitting there waiting to defend because that's what our guild commander had assigned for us. But I didn't afk at all and was every so often putting up a guild recruitment message as well as talking in team chat. 

Before WvW reset, I was doing stuff in Fractals of the Mists and other Event related stuff like most other people... There was absolutely nothing to indicate that I was selling gold or a bot. 

I even got some suspicious PM minutes before the ban from some random person saying "hi" and I responded saying hey and then he asked how I am and I said fine and then proceeded to ask who he was since I had checked my keg brawl guild roster and friends list by that time and didn't see him. And he's like "idk nobody just someone who liked your name" or something... which isn't as odd as it sounds considering my account has the names "Online", "Offline" and "Plant" so I've received compliments before but it was still strange as heck. 

Also, there was no warning whatsoever that the account was going to be terminated because of misconduct. I'm pretty sure it was just a big mistake on Anets part. There's no way my account of all things was indicated in gold selling. 

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591
    These are typically players who ran around with bots and got reported along with the bots, I have no sympathy for them, its not like they couldnt appeal it and get it lifted, not a big issue, and no reason for you to come on here bashing.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819
    Originally posted by gordiflu
    It was 1 month ago, not just 2 weeks ago, when ive stoped playing Gw2. And i care, because this is NOT how a gaming company should treat their customers in 2012!!!

LOL.

Obviously you've never owned and ran a company, much less managed one.  And no, a manager at a burger joint doesn't count.

Every company makes their policies quite clear that, by law, a customer or any other person can request at anytime.  And like every other online gaming EULA, if they suspect you of doing anything fraudulent, you're flagged.  

Honestly, the whiners who were banned are the same people who think they're doing nothing wrong by participating in riots.

TADA!

What you got wrong is that legal does not necessarily mean right. I don't wanna get too philosphic.

Let's just say that, regardless what the EULA says (something that pretty much nobody reads anyway), there are some things that you should not do to your customers. One of the reasons for not doing such things is also a managing one. It's plain marketing. You don't want to build a bad reputation becouse it takes a lot to build a good one and even more to recover it if you happen to loose it.

So, when it's banning time, you want to be careful. Anet did a good job dealing with the bots, and it was a good move, but you still need to be careful with the ban hammer when your game is in such a hot spot as GW2.

The whiners and the rioters you mention happen to have something in common. Both are quite upset about how things are turning out. But I don't want to get into politics either. It's just that some people are tired and disappointed with the present MMO panorama, GW2 is the game that everybody is talking about, you make a mistake and your last good move is quickly forgotten. And that has got nothing to do with EULAS.

Regardless of whether or not there was really thousands of players that got their accounts banned accidentally, because Emails can be forged and without any further information, it could be the same person in different accounts. 

But as long as 1 person got banned that didn't do anything wrong, Arenanet would be at fault, I would rather they do what they need to, even if they have to ban the entire game just to get rid of the botters, I said do it. 

Thats how a game company should be, destroy the botters and the whole community would be better off . 

Its not like they are charging you to play the game, where 24 hours is wasting your money, once you bought the game, you own it, if it takes 24 hours to get your account back and knowing that there will be that much less botters around, as a gamer you should feel great. 

Its gamers today that is making bots and gold farmers win, because there are so many red tape the game developers have to jump through or they get posts after posts of whiners.

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

Originally posted by Kalafax
    These are typically players who ran around with bots and got reported along with the bots, I have no sympathy for them, its not like they couldnt appeal it and get it lifted, not a big issue, and no reason for you to come on here bashing.

I was not running with bots or acting like a bot. I haven't even seen bots in a while in the game. I'm still waiting for a reply after submitting a ticket of appeal. I think it's a pretty big issue myself since I'm actually affected by this... 

After putting somewhere close to 10,000 hours in the original Guild Wars, I'm glad to know you have no sympathy for me for being indicated and punished for something I didn't do at all... :/

Originally posted by Lucioon

LOL.

TADA!

Regardless of whether or not there was really thousands of players that got their accounts banned accidentally, because Emails can be forged and without any further information, it could be the same person in different accounts. 

But as long as 1 person got banned that didn't do anything wrong, Arenanet would be at fault, I would rather they do what they need to, even if they have to ban the entire game just to get rid of the botters, I said do it. 

Thats how a game company should be, destroy the botters and the whole community would be better off . 

Its not like they are charging you to play the game, where 24 hours is wasting your money, once you bought the game, you own it, if it takes 24 hours to get your account back and knowing that there will be that much less botters around, as a gamer you should feel great. 

Its gamers today that is making bots and gold farmers win, because there are so many red tape the game developers have to jump through or they get posts after posts of whiners.

Woooaahh, are you actually telling me I should feel "great" that my account was "permanently terminated" (which, hopefully it isn't) because it might mean they got rid of a bunch of bots!? Clearly, as evidence by me being banned, whatever software they used to permanently ban accounts is not appropriately identifying who's even close to being a bot. Unless somehow me responding the way I did to that one guy who PM'd me didn't pass the turing test? Or how me saying in team chat in WvW "Don't take supply from keeps!" is indication of botting. Or doing the fractals of the mists dungeon, complimenting it the whole way through letting my party members know I'm havign a ton of fun is evidence of botting. 

Like, for all I know, they banned more innocent players than actual bots so why should I feel GREAT like you described?! Seriously, do you people even THINK about things before you say them? :/

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

No antibot software is that ridiculous as you are suggesting right now. 'Did you dodge badly?' LOL. 

Just accept that no ban wave is faultless and Serelisk just got caught up in it.

I suggest though that instead of waiting for something to happen, Serelisk should contact GW2 support to accelerate the process to get the account available again.

Originally posted by someforumguy

No antibot software is that ridiculous as you are suggesting right now. 'Did you dodge badly?' LOL. 

Just accept that no ban wave is faultless and Serelisk just got caught up in it.

I suggest though that instead of waiting for something to happen, Serelisk should contact GW2 support to accelerate the process to get the account available again.

I did, have been waiting for a response since last night and also been logging in every now and then to see if they resolved it before responding to me. 

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

OMMMMGGGGGG ANET SO MANY BOTS PLEASE DO SOMETHING!

OMMMMGGGGG   ANET BANNING LEGIT ACCOUNTS WHEN THEY SHOULD BE BANNING BOTS

You are fucking stupid, each and every one of you who is bitching.

I'll take my wrist slap, mods.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Originally posted by Lucioon

LOL.

TADA!

Woooaahh, are you actually telling me I should feel "great" that my account was "permanently terminated" (which, hopefully it isn't) because it might mean they got rid of a bunch of bots!? Clearly, as evidence by me being banned, whatever software they used to permanently ban accounts is not appropriately identifying who's even close to being a bot. Unless somehow me responding the way I did to that one guy who PM'd me didn't pass the turing test? Or how me saying in team chat in WvW "Don't take supply from keeps!" is indication of botting. Or doing the fractals of the mists dungeon, complimenting it the whole way through letting my party members know I'm havign a ton of fun is evidence of botting. 

Like, for all I know, they banned more innocent players than actual bots so why should I feel GREAT like you described?! Seriously, do you people even THINK about things before you say them? :/

I would step away from this thread if I were you. There are loads of ppl who don't have any sympathy for your situation at all. It doesn't matter to them if you are truely guilty or not. The fact that you were banned is enough to make you suspicious and where smoke is, is fire, right? :p

I suggest to contact GW2 support to reactivate your account and ignore the lynchmob on the forums.

Originally posted by someforumguy

I would step away from this thread if I were you. There are loads of ppl who don't have any sympathy for your situation at all. It doesn't matter to them if you are truely guilty or not. The fact that you were banned is enough to make you suspicious and where smoke is, is fire, right? :p

I suggest to contact GW2 support to reactivate your account and ignore the lynchmob on the forums.

Yeah, you're probably right.

I usually never spend time here anymore cause if I'm gonna be wasting my time, I'm gonna do it enjoying the game but now I can't even go on the game's forums anymore so I'm kinda stuck in this situation where I either need to do something more productive like studying when I don't feel a real need to, or coming on here and interacting with these inidividuals. What's easiest isn't always condusive to my mental health though. Go figure :/ 

Thanks for the rational replies though. 

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    it was a matter of time; too many exploiters in-game