Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not able to equip purple items

sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458
Does this affect the items my level 50 character currently wears??

Comments

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    Don't believe so.  My old lvl 50 sage still has all her purple gear equiped.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

From what EA has said, anyone who already had purple items equipped when they quit will still be wearing them when they return.

However if you accidentally remove or swap them out, well then you might be out of luck .. it will cost you some $$ to find out.

Don't you love freemium games going around insulting the ones that are actually F2P?

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    EA sais hullo :)
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I've asked this same question in other threads, and haven't really gotten a satisfactory answer.

Free players are limited in the content they can do. No Operations (raids), then five and three battlegrounds/instances. I forget which is which. Given the amount of time it would take to get purples, and the limited amount of time where that gear would be useful, what is the point of having, or not having that purple gear (or the two hotbars)?

Free players have story content. If the other content isn't worth paying for, then the free players don't need the purple gear or the skill bars. I'm not sure I agree with EA's decisions here, but it makes sense. They are charging money for stuff that free players don't need anyway.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Personally I'm all for the cant equip purples if you are not a paying customer. I support my game of choice, why should all the freeloaders get the same exact access as I do? Answer is they should not. You are essentially playing a demo.

Originally posted by cybertrucker

You are essentially playing a demo.

Yah, thtas the general conclusion, but since they already had a demo, and they said themselves people think game is not worth 15$ - whats the point of it all?

To milk current subscribers as much as they can before pulling the plug.

All the content they have announced so far was in development long before release, so i wouldnt be surprised if they stretch what they already have a "bit" (or do it as they did it so far lol), put some more gambling boxes for idiots to spend money on, and when content dries off - ktnxbye :)

Oh yes, they have crapload of armors finished before release that they havent put ingame yet (just recolored stuff so far) and its perfect candidate for gambling boxes - its finished, it looks better than anything so far and takes whole 5 minutes to put in gambling box :)

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Thanks for the headsup. I'd better not accidentally unequip lol.
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by mikahr

Yah, thtas the general conclusion, but since they already had a demo, and they said themselves people think game is not worth 15$ - whats the point of it all?

To milk current subscribers as much as they can before pulling the plug.

All the content they have announced so far was in development long before release, so i wouldnt be surprised if they stretch what they already have a "bit" (or do it as they did it so far lol), put some more gambling boxes for idiots to spend money on, and when content dries off - ktnxbye :)

Oh yes, they have crapload of armors finished before release that they havent put ingame yet (just recolored stuff so far) and its perfect candidate for gambling boxes - its finished, it looks better than anything so far and takes whole 5 minutes to put in gambling box :)

You guys need to get over this pulling the plug crap. There are tons of freaking MMOs out there that I hate with a passion. There are also tons of MMOs out there with a tiny player base that have limped along for more than a decade now. Games that still manage to put out regular content update ontop of having small pops. 

Before the F2P stuff went live SWTOR was 3rd overall in the NA market and like 5th in the global market for subscribers. They sold a ton of box copies and now they are baiting some players back with this F2P demo. Will this game go flying to the top of the charts "no", will this game go crashing to the bottom "no". The game fills a Star Wars niche that no other game can. 

Originally posted by Jyiiga

You guys need to get over this pulling the plug crap. There are tons of freaking MMOs out there that I hate with a passion. There are also tons of MMOs out there with a tiny player base that have limped along for more than a decade now. Games that still manage to put out regular content update ontop of having small pops. 

Before the F2P stuff went live SWTOR was 3rd overall in the NA market and like 5th in the global market for subscribers. They sold a ton of box copies and now they are baiting some players back with this F2P demo. Will this game go flying to the top of the charts "no", will this game go crashing to the bottom "no". The game fills a Star Wars niche that no other game can. 

Yeah, except SWTOR is not indie game that can live on 10k subs, in fact it was most expencive game ever made and comparing it to some indie games or some several times cheaper games is not fitting.

Its quite possible that they have set their release schedule for what content they have and dont develop any new content, just gambling packs so fanbois can dish out large amount of money on gambling in short amount of time.

Its EA, anythings possibble :)

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by mikahr
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

Yeah, except SWTOR is not indie game that can live on 10k subs, in fact it was most expencive game ever made and comparing it to some indie games or some several times cheaper games is not fitting.

Its quite possible that they have set their release schedule for what content they have and dont develop any new content, just gambling packs so fanbois can dish out large amount of money on gambling in short amount of time.

Its EA, anythings possibble :)

All the original costs of making the game have long been covered. So what it cost to make is kind of a moot point. All that matters now is how much it cost to keep running. 

• sancher36sancher36 Member UncommonPosts: 458

Due to only being able to play maybe 1 or 2 times a month I cannot see the point in resubscribing, if I had more time then I would. Currently in and out of hospital for cancer treatment and also trying to do my uni studies I am very much restricted on time. 

My question is would you pay if your in my shoes when at most you can only play once or twice a month at that???

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by Karteli

From what EA has said, anyone who already had purple items equipped when they quit will still be wearing them when they return.

However if you accidentally remove or swap them out, well then you might be out of luck .. it will cost you some $$ to find out.

Don't you love freemium games going around insulting the ones that are actually F2P?

plz do quote the freemium games that you are referring to . there are of course restrictions in virtually any f2p game . 

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

That's EXACTLY what SWTOR's F2P is, there's no other F2P game that is like a demo, I don't know of another F2P game that restricts gear.