Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Load screens between zones?

2»

Comments

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

I would of course prefer seamless world like in WoW, however, I don't mind loading screens between zones, as long as they are short and spread out.

GW2 loading screens are OK. SWTOR's are big fail.

• sleepr27sleepr27 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Originally posted by Axxar
    So we know all zones will be instanced to Hell, with possibly hundres of copies of the same zone. But will moving from one zone to the next at least be seamless (like in WoW), so that there's at least the illusion of an open world? Or will there be fake barriers and load screens (like in GW2)?

According to Tamriel Foundry there will be small loading screens between zones, which i dislike but whatever. I just hope their travel system isn't a copy of GW2, that will completely kill the game for me.

• sleepr27sleepr27 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Originally posted by DeniZg

I would of course prefer seamless world like in WoW, however, I don't mind loading screens between zones, as long as they are short and spread out.

GW2 loading screens are OK. SWTOR's are big fail.

Once you enter a planet in SWTOR you don't have more loading screens, the only problem is that their enginners did a bad design on the game, so their loading screens are long.  GW2 loadings are smaller... still with my computer (which is pretty good) some take from 10 to 15 seconds and with the travel system they have in place the only way you don't have a ton of loading screens is if you don't use it. 

So basically both are poorly done! From the recent games i've played only TERA manages to have a seamless world and with some of the best graphics, if not the best in the market.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Wow isn't a seamless world, its zoned. It's just the zones are very big - each continent.
  • I think the best part is that the game world literally is going to be just 1 continent. So there literally is no excuse to have any part of the overland not be seamless.

But what's really funny is that even so I can't help but feeling like the MMO version of The Elder Scrolls is going to feel more gamey and less worldy than the actual single player games. If so this game is going to be one bad joke. Might work with a GW2 model though where there's only the initial box cost and no subscription fee.

I feel seamless worlds like in World of WarCraft are one of the key things that makes an MMO feel like an MMO rather than just any old multiplayer game.