Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost Shores One Time World Event with Commentary

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

Lost Shores

It was very laggy but it didn't translate that way when recording thank god for that. It was fun eventhough I couldn't do as much as I would like enjoy. I'll do the scavenger hunt when it's not broken and unable to complete. Wondering if anyone got any loot or was actually able to function properly during this event. I had to go staff because i couldn't use many of my greatsword skills.

Comments

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Imma go with the commenter on this one.... While harsh I generally feel the same way (mostly). 

"Every single one of these "One time events" has boiled down to zerging some mobs. There is no skilled involved with it and you literally can not fail or die. There are so many players in the area, that if you get knocked to the down state you will be back up in under three seconds. Zerging events is boring,? laggy and generally not very fun. You can literally move around and spam auto attack the whole time."

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    I don't understand why they do the event so early in the day. Most people are working or in school still to participate, on a FRIDAY. I missed the event and that's BS. It should be ongoing...... I am very disappointed in lost shores so far. Even when I was in Kessix Hills and Casledon Forest I found the npc's bugged. Where the hell is the Kraka?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    That looked horrible and resembles most of the high AOE; can't see what the hell is going on crap I was dealing with on my warrior. Not fun at all for me. More frustrating than anything because there really isn't any reason to make the AOE so crazy that it overshadows everything else.
  • TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269
    I actually didn't have any lag during the event. My fps stayed between 40 and 60 the whole time.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Originally posted by Tokken
    I don't understand why they do the event so early in the day. Most people are working or in school still to participate, on a FRIDAY. I missed the event and that's BS. It should be ongoing...... I am very disappointed in lost shores so far. Even when I was in Kessix Hills and Casledon Forest I found the npc's bugged. Where the hell is the Kraka?

From what I understand it is ongoing....just all bugged to hell atm.  According to the FB page, they know, they are working on it, but don't have an ETR yet.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Originally posted by evolver1972

From what I understand it is ongoing....just all bugged to hell atm.  According to the FB page, they know, they are working on it, but don't have an ETR yet.

good to know. Thanks!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    World events are nice but in most cases no pc to date can handle that many people. I usually can but I guess that wasmy limit it took 10 minutes to load everything.
  • DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    I don't understand why they do the event so early in the day. Most people are working or in school still to participate, on a FRIDAY. I missed the event and that's BS.
    One of the Devs commented earlier in this week (maybe 3 days ago) but I couldn't find  the post as it is quite buried after yesterday. Basically they said " We run events at the times when they show the most historical concurrency." (It's pretty close to his/her exact wording)
    Seemed odd to me that their historical high concurrent connections are 3PM EST (Noon PST) on a Friday but thats what they said.
    No way possible without cutting school or work would you get full population in attendence. You would need the east coast players for that. And that put the launch at 3pm est most people are at work and still at school or on the way home then.
  • L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Originally posted by Digna
    I don't understand why they do the event so early in the day. Most people are working or in school still to participate, on a FRIDAY. I missed the event and that's BS.
    One of the Devs commented earlier in this week (maybe 3 days ago) but I couldn't find  the post as it is quite buried after yesterday. Basically they said " We run events at the times when they show the most historical concurrency." (It's pretty close to his/her exact wording)
    Seemed odd to me that their historical high concurrent connections are 3PM EST (Noon PST) on a Friday but thats what they said.

It was during the halloween event they said it, and no, their hight concurrent connections aren't at noon PST on a friday, but on a sunday. I guess the reason the event started on a friday is so that the event finale falls on the sunday when most people can attend to.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    Originally posted by L0C0Man
    Originally posted by Digna

It was during the halloween event they said it, and no, their hight concurrent connections aren't at noon PST on a friday, but on a sunday. I guess the reason the event started on a friday is so that the event finale falls on the sunday when most people can attend to.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/lostshores/The-one-time-event-and-how-i-m-not-gonna-be-in-it/first#post752141

Actually it was approximately 1 day ago so I was off. Scroll down to the MatthewMedena - Content Designer post (number 29-ish in the thread).

The reason we chose the times that we did, when concurrency is at its peak, is precisely because it offers us the highest chance for the largest number of people to attend. By definition though, because concurrency rises and falls, that means it’s impossible for us to choose a time that offers us a chance for everyone to attend.

Offering events like this at multiple times for different time zones is certainly worth considering, but given our team’s goals and the timeline we had to operate in (we fielded our team immediately after shipping the Live game), it just wasn’t feasible for us to consider such an option for this particular event.

Having said that, this decision is something that we realized would not make everyone happy.

Boils down to we made this decision based on concurrency. Deal with it.

They can say that all they like but it's obvious it was done off hours. To limit how much bashing the server would take.
  • emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Didn't look very good at all.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

did you watch the video?  you didnt miss anything.