Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cant play PS2 with a low end gaming computer.

RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

I thought i could play any game with a low end gaming computer worth 220$, specially when we're talking about mmo's, but i can't even run planetside 2. Are there more like me who got a decent computer, but cant run ps2?

I can run almost any game. Battlefield 3, skyrim and i dont lag in skyrim at all... These game graphics are top notch, but i always find a way to turn down the graphics to make them playable. PS2 dont want to give me a chance. I just cant laucnh it cuz i dont have the minimum requirement. It just refuse to make any effort cuz im pretty sure i can make it playable if it was launchable.

For those who did not downloaded or do not have a cd key for ps3, Google: can you run it. Type planetside 2 beta. See if you can run it.

I just really hope that i will be able to run it one day because based on the amount of recent games i can launch, i refuse to upgrade my computer for 1 single game.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Comments

• nolins12nolins12 Member Posts: 9
    I also thought my computer was fine, I played most other games on at least medium settings with minmal problems. Downloaded PS2 and as soon as I started to play they said my video card wasn't good enough. Looks like I'll have to upgrade soon.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    OP don't fret, your not missing that much... wait till xmas get a WII-U and Black Ops II much better shooter.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Realbigdeal

I thought i could play any game with a low end gaming computer worth 220$, specially when we're talking about mmo's, but i can't even run planetside 2. Are there more like me who got a decent computer, but cant run ps2?

I can run almost any game. Battlefield 3, skyrim and i dont lag in skyrim at all... These game graphics are top notch, but i always find a way to turn down the graphics to make them playable. PS2 dont want to give me a chance. I just cant laucnh it cuz i dont have the minimum requirement. It just refuse to make any effort cuz im pretty sure i can make it playable if it was launchable.

For those who did not downloaded or do not have a cd key for ps3, Google: can you run it. Type planetside 2 beta. See if you can run it.

I just really hope that i will be able to run it one day because based on the amount of recent games i can launch, i refuse to upgrade my computer for 1 single game.

have you tried to play it?  or are you just going by 'can you run it?'.  that website isnt always accurate.  i can play ps2 on my work laptop.  which is no where near being able to run skyrim (i've tried it). 

• teotiusteotius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    What can you run above 30 fps with low end, if its graphics are up to date?
  • morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by Betaguy
    OP don't fret, your not missing that much... wait till xmas get a WII-U and Black Ops II much better shooter.

You must be sponsored by Activision... I know you don't like this game, so get your self a new hobby and QQ about a other game!

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464
    Betaguy is back at it, it seems.
    Originally posted by revy66
    Betaguy is back at it, it seems.

No, I was being sincere, the OP is not having fun with his current rig.  If it is lagging like he says then he is becoming fustrated missing all them killshots.

• LumbralesLumbrales Member Posts: 7
    I've got a HD 4250, I can run Skyrim on mid/low without tweaks, Crysis 2, etc. And I get an error G25 video card related they say when I try to launch.
    Originally posted by Lumbrales
    I've got a HD 4250, I can run Skyrim on mid/low without tweaks, Crysis 2, etc. And I get an error G25 video card related they say when I try to launch.

Got and HD 6450 in one of my machines and it runs like ass...  ;(

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

Been dabling with the game a few days. Not too impressed tbh...

I like the idea, but the game jsut feels so... Slow.

Now, I am an EVE guy, so I should be OK with slow. But I just dont feel in control when I play. I know its more realistic that say Firefall, but the latter just feels better, more natural in the controls, in spite of being highly unrealistic in its movements.

I guress realistic just feels limited. And thats a fair point I guess. But for me it makes for a poor gaming experience. I mean all the mechanics of the great playing field and stuff just dont could for much if the base controls just dont work.

Hell I even like the DUST 514 controls better to me and thats limited by the PS3 controller, and I hate that. When I start prefering controller controlled movement over mouse and keyboard, I worry.

That said I am going to give it more time. I like the idea, and the controls might grow on me eventually.

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

I hope more games cater to high end rigs, im sick of all these games deigned for people with an 8088.

Yes I agree you need your share of games to play , but ffs make at least a few games out there for people with wicked comps and a solid internet.

• LumbralesLumbrales Member Posts: 7

Hm... I don't get what you're saying.

Why not both?

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Originally posted by Entropy14

I hope more games cater to high end rigs, im sick of all these games deigned for people with an 8088.

Yes I agree you need your share of games to play , but ffs make at least a few games out there for people with wicked comps and a solid internet.

Its cool that new games cater to high end rigs, but without an option to tone down the graphics, you're just asking me to buy a ps3 or go to my friends house to play with them while enjoying the graphics with friends.

You see, my mindset when i play a pc game is ''im alone''. Im not enjoying the graphics, i play a game for myself, my enjoyment. Il play a game instead of reading a book(skyrim) Il play an online game instead of playing Street Fighter 2 with friends.

With ps3 and xbox console on the corner, there's no space for these expensive gaming pc, so thats why they need to work from the buttom to the highest(Minimum requirement to top notch recommended.) So i hope PS2 will be playable for the low end gaming pc users.

DF2 is coming out soon in 2013 and even a pentium 4 can run that game.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Sick and tired of studio's making games for lower end machine's ?
    hmm maybe thats where 95% of their funds come from ?
    You willing to pay 1000 dollar / euro for a pc game :) ?

If PS2 cannot be played on a decent machine then they lose such a big portions of players that it might not even make a profit...

Smart studio's cater to both ends of the stick low and high end systems and those are also the most succesfull one's.

I agree what you need to upgrade you pc once in awhile, but it seems each year your high end system becomes low end, and thats not good.

Many people do not have the funds to pay 1500 euro a year / 2 years to upgrade their whole system for a new game that comes out.

PS2 has one of the worste optimasation ive seen in any modern pc game.
    Hope they can get it fixed within a few days, or it might not end well for SEO

• WaldoCornWaldoCorn Member UncommonPosts: 235

What processor and graphics card are you running?

See the world and all within it.
    Live a lifetime in every minute.

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

SOE have always said your need a decent computer to run this game, you can't expect to have thousands fighting and have it playable on every computer. 

Originally posted by Entropy14

Its cool that new games cater to high end rigs, but without an option to tone down the graphics, you're just asking me to buy a ps3 or go to my friends house to play with them while enjoying the graphics with friends.

You see, my mindset when i play a pc game is ''im alone''. Im not enjoying the graphics, i play a game for myself, my enjoyment. Il play a game instead of reading a book(skyrim) Il play an online game instead of playing Street Fighter 2 with friends.

With ps3 and xbox console on the corner, there's no space for these expensive gaming pc, so thats why they need to work from the buttom to the highest(Minimum requirement to top notch recommended.) So i hope PS2 will be playable for the low end gaming pc users.

DF2 is coming out soon in 2013 and even a pentium 4 can run that game.

Haha did you play DF1 or just making that statement up, that game needed a super computer to play smoothly during sieges.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    I was thinking about buying it, but I doubt I'll be able to play with a fusion APU. Oh well, customer lost for them.
    Originally posted by jusomdude
    I was thinking about buying it, but I doubt I'll be able to play with a fusion APU. Oh well, customer lost for them.

If you were that intereted in it, you would know it's FTP, so youre be able to download and see if you can run it...

• Lille7Lille7 Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by jusomdude

That probably depends on which one you have, if you have one of the higher end APUs you should be fine on lower settings.

Originally posted by Mothanos

If PS2 cannot be played on a decent machine then they lose such a big portions of players that it might not even make a profit...

A $220 machine is not "decent" it's the bottom of the barrel.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    None of these cards are gaming cards

With AMD its a gaming card if the second digit is a 8 or 9 (or 7 if its first is 7)

With nvidia the second digit is a 6, 7, 8 or 9

I mean what do you guys expect its a mmo fps, its not going to play well on a rig built for plants vs zombies.

I'm considering upgrading my 6850 to a 7950 or such to play this and a few other games coming out as my 6850 while it would play everything well upto about now,there's stuff coming like ps2, farcry 3 etc.. that its minimum rather than recommend spec for. (no doubt TESO too)
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    A gpu costs more then 220$ :D
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
    Well, you could get one to play ps2 for like £80+

But yeah you cant build a gaming pc for $220

A low end gaming pc to me is like a fx4 and a 6850 which will play the likes of skyrim and gw2 very well, but would need stuff toned down to medium or so settings in planetside 2, tsw, metro, farcry 3 etc..
    But that's like what a $450 computer?
  • KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

220 Bucks is not a low end gaming PC, thats an out of date old PC. I mean you can't even buy a decent graphics card for that price never mind the whole PC.

Im Running on an i5 2500k, 16gig ram, 570 GTX runs great, Get a little drop in FPS when some big battles go on but thats to be expacted with a game that looks this stunning.

Roll on tomorow! :D

Isn't your 570 less than $220?