Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Haven't played since 5 months after initial release, just bought Storm Leion and having a problem

CennusCennus Member Posts: 4

Hey all, just came back to Rift since almost launch time. A lot is different.

I want to create one of the new souls, maybe a Tactician, but it seems I can't. I have Storm Legion on my Trion account and I am subbed. I can't create any of the four new souls. I made a Made, Rogue, and Cleric all of them do not show the new class under the purpose selection screen during character creation or while in-game.

Can anyone help me with this? I was really hoping to play as a Tactician or Tempest.

Comments

• RoyalPhunkRoyalPhunk Member UncommonPosts: 174

Tactitian is a rogue soul so you would roll a rogue. Then once you have all your soul trees you can choose to have the Tactician be one of your skill trees. I don't think its something you necessarily get right at the start if I remember my time in Rift. I got the souls gradually. 

• CennusCennus Member Posts: 4
    So I can't be a Tactician at level 1, correct?
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Cennus
    Hey all, just came back to Rift since almost launch time. A lot is different.I want to create one of the new souls, maybe a Tactician, but it seems I can't. I have Storm Legion on my Trion account and I am subbed. I can't create any of the four new souls. I made a Made, Rogue, and Cleric all of them do not show the new class under the purpose selection screen during character creation or while in-game.Can anyone help me with this? I was really hoping to play as a Tactician or Tempest.

Thats a bug. I would submit a ticket asap.

• RoyalPhunkRoyalPhunk Member UncommonPosts: 174
    oops dupe post
  • CennusCennus Member Posts: 4

It's not a bug. Just got off the phone with support. They told me that at level 8 you're allowed to pick one of the new souls with a calling. The first 8 levels are like an intro for new players.

I didn't know that because of how long I've been away from the game.

Thanks for all the help, though!

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

It's not a bug. Just got off the phone with support. They told me that at level 8 you're allowed to pick one of the new souls with a calling. The first 8 levels are like an intro for new players.

You CAN pick a new soul, as I did at lvl 1. Once you're in game, before you spend any talent points, click on the soul you want to replace, and pick the sould you want. You press N to get to the soul menu. If you spend any soul points while leveling, you'll have to wait until lvl 8 to reset those points to do what I just told you.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by nate1980

You CAN pick a new soul, as I did at lvl 1. Once you're in game, before you spend any talent points, click on the soul you want to replace, and pick the sould you want. You press N to get to the soul menu. If you spend any soul points while leveling, you'll have to wait until lvl 8 to reset those points to do what I just told you.

Sounds like either you outsmarted them, or their support just doesn't have a clue about things :P.

Either way, sounds solved to me :).

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by RoyalPhunk

Tactitian is a rogue soul so you would roll a rogue. Then once you have all your soul trees you can choose to have the Tactician be one of your skill trees. I don't think its something you necessarily get right at the start if I remember my time in Rift. I got the souls gradually. 

They changed it, you get all the souls from the start now and don't have to wait until you can get the quests to obtain them, quest are no more.