Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Play Free to Level 28 'Discovery Edition' Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

En Masse Entertainment has sent word that players can now take advantage of the new TERA "Discovery Edition" that allows free game play to level 28. If players upgrade to the digital deluxe edition, they will receive a nifty starter pack as a reward.

You may only have 1 Discovery Edition on your En Masse account.

• Max level 28

• 200g limit

• Max gathering skill of 150

• Max crafting skill of 100

• 2 characters per server

Check out the Discovery Edition FAQ on the TERA site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• gunthologygunthology Member Posts: 50
    closer and closer till free to play ;)
  • MontaronxMontaronx Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Hard not to with games like RaiderZ, C9 and Vindictus

• Yavin_PrimeYavin_Prime Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by gunthology
    closer and closer till free to play ;)

Turely that is the way they should go. They have a good game I just don't think it falls into the P2P category. Infact I think that 90% of MMOs don't fall into that category anymore at all. Only games like WoW which pull in millions rather than hundreds of thousands truely should stay P2P. I play STO as my main game and since it went F2P it's only gotten better so I'm behind the F2P model these days which is odd since I used to be an avid "P2P supporter".

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    TERA is B2P though... buy the game and pay your subscription through chronoscrolls, that's the reason most people are still playing, it's essentially F2P for every level 60.

• pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183
    Kinda sucks that Frogster don't do the same for the EU version -.-

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440
    LOL they are so desperate to keep this game going already. Just let it die. It was pitiful. It was fun while it lasted which wasnt too long.
  • Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061
    Originally posted by Pivotelite
    TERA is B2P though... buy the game and pay your subscription through chronoscrolls, that's the reason most people are still playing, it's essentially F2P for every level 60.

I keep freaking forgetting about that!!! I still havent used my first 30 days that come from buying the game. lol

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Game would have been great if they had hardcore pvp servers...or if the pvp servers were actually pvp servers instead of people running 5 ft out of a safezone then running back in at low hp.  Stupid...

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• patlefortpatlefort Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by afhn2110
    Game would have been great if they had hardcore pvp servers...or if the pvp servers were actually pvp servers instead of people running 5 ft out of a safezone then running back in at low hp.  Stupid...

Or better if PvP actually worked...

• curiousbugcuriousbug Member UncommonPosts: 51
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    I've been saying since October 2010 that TERA will go F2P and/or use cash-shops. No one beleaved me but it looks like I was right all from the start!
  • WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    There..there.. *gives Reizla a cookie for making the most significant  prediction that will change course of life as we know it*.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by Reizla
    I've been saying since October 2010 that TERA will go F2P and/or use cash-shops. No one beleaved me but it looks like I was right all from the start!

the sun is going to go out one day and explode into a supernova.

*a hundred trillion years later* looks like i was right all from the start...a hundred billion years ago.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    when will they do this with Tera EU?

• dimmockdimmock Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Give it a few months and it will be free to play
  • ZutchZutch Member UncommonPosts: 62
    yeay i smell F2P soon !!!
  • UW1975UW1975 Member Posts: 183
    Originally posted by Whitebeards
    There..there.. *gives Reizla a cookie for making the most significant  prediction that will change course of life as we know it*.

I think we should definitely have a Reizla Scholarship for the Best Gaming Prediction of the Year.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739

Prediciting MMOs nowadays to go f2p eventually doesn't give one Nostradamus status......In fact the greater talent is prediciting which ones in a couple years will still be p2p......

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Theocritus

Prediciting MMOs nowadays to go f2p eventually doesn't give one Nostradamus status......In fact the greater talent is prediciting which ones in a couple years will still be p2p......

NO it's not... But at the time everyone here told me I was crazy saying TERA would go F2P because of the BHS picking Frogster as EU publisher and EME using DIgital River (cash-shop handler for most F2P games) as payment processor. Looks like you guys (the nay-sayers at the time) need to see things in their right perspective.

Also note to add:  October 2010 was 15 months before launch... EME did a nice job preparing for F2P before launch :D

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by Theocritus

NO it's not... But at the time everyone here told me I was crazy saying TERA would go F2P because of the BHS picking Frogster as EU publisher and EME using DIgital River (cash-shop handler for most F2P games) as payment processor. Looks like you guys (the nay-sayers at the time) need to see things in their right perspective.

Also note to add:  October 2010 was 15 months before launch... EME did a nice job preparing for F2P before launch :D

Predicting that an X MMO will go F2P is same as throwing poop on the wall..sooner or later some of it is going to stick. It may or may not go completely F2P in coming months but you are still jumping the gun with 'told you so'.

• viney123viney123 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    The Discovery Edition trial came out a few weeks ago. I'm not sure why Enmasse waited until a day or 2 ago to announce it via email and have the writers for mmorpg websites write an article about it.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Just go ahead and stamp "Clueless" on the foreheads of the development staff.  They are just wasting their time.  The game needs to be completely f2p.

Some games should not even attempt to go the subscription route and this was one of them.  Not enough content or game systems to justify it.

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364
    Would I still have to request my sub to be terminated if I subscribed to the game? - I still can't really understand how the game works in this regard. - There isnt a button to cancel my sub, I have to go and make a ticket for them to do it?
  • CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

A blindman hits a bullseye, eventually.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• Originally posted by Montaronx
    Hard not to with games like RaiderZ, C9 and Vindictus

How can you compare Tera to Raiderz? lol Omg they are worlds apart in game play and looks... Tera Looks amazing.....Alot more Dept in it. Tera should not go f2p. I have always not liked games that went from p2p to f2p. There are only maybe a few that got alot better and kepted on putting out  updates for the game.  it just seems like the quality of the new content that comes out with alot of f2p games aren't really good....

Game Developers need to realize that we play alot of games at once. When a game first comes out it will not have alot of sub's anymore. They to wait atleast a year or 2 before they can say the game is doing good or not..... It takes time for new games to catch up in content wise to other games that have been out for years. Thats one of the biggest failurs game companies make. They think that if they put alot of moreny into the game that it should make alot of money right out the gate. Thats not gonna happen anymore.... game companies these days are always putting out games to earier...You really can't blame the Devs here its really the people thats backing there company up. The investors. They want a fast turn around and think that they can make alot of money compared to  other games that have been out for years.