Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should The Repopulation introduce some kind of warning label?

13»

Comments

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

The game isn't even out yet and people are already trying to "protect" it from the masses?

lol

• JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

The game isn't even out yet and people are already trying to "protect" it from the masses?

lol

well of course because this time its gonna the best thing ever.  This game is gonna be "the chosen one"

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Vlhad7734
    Originally posted by KaylettaJade

I don't believe the Repop devs are willing to sell out to some soulless corporate publisher.  Money isn't whats driving these guys to make the game, so they aren't going to let their vision be turned into some massive pile of crap just for money.

yes please dont ever let $OE buy this game and screw it up like they did one MMO that was the best thing out there till they got hold of it and fuc&ed it up.

Matrix Online?

Originally posted by strangiato2112

I don't believe the Repop devs are willing to sell out to some soulless corporate publisher.  Money isn't whats driving these guys to make the game, so they aren't going to let their vision be turned into some massive pile of crap just for money.

yes please dont ever let $OE buy this game and screw it up like they did one MMO that was the best thing out there till they got hold of it and fuc&ed it up.

Matrix Online?

nope SWG

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Maybe just coin a new term. Something like: WorldSim or MMOSIM

Joined - July 2004

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

Matrix Online?

nope SWG

Um, SoE CREATED SWG. So you really meant to say 'Please dont  let Lucas Arts have total control over the direction of your game'.

Matrix Online?

nope SWG

Um, SoE CREATED SWG. So you really meant to say 'Please dont  let Lucas Arts have total control over the direction of your game'.

lol ok yea ok

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

lol

I'll say it... the "H" word, you know? Hybrid...there.

Ths game is shaping up to be a hybrid: Some themepark elements with lots of sandbox. The devs are being very smart and very inclusive with themeparky things such as missions (i.e. quests) custom tailored to individual game play preferences. Story matters to the developers...as it should.

It's only people in these forums trying to out-hardcore each other that insist that this is a "pure sandbox" somehow hostile to the general MMO fan and act all elitist about the game.

From everything I read about it, REPOP is shaping up to have mass appeal with something for everyone... hope they pull it off.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Matrix Online?

nope SWG

why dont you look it up, $medely himself said they messed up. It dont matter once REPOP comes out everything will be back to normal.

• chymoschymos Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Emerys

Matrix Online?

nope SWG

why dont you look it up, $medely himself said they messed up. It dont matter once REPOP comes out everything will be back to normal.

Yeah, they messed up with SWG in the first year.  I read an article recently about it.  It was the Holocron they gave out in 2003 as a christmas gift that started the downward spiral.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by kasta

All Repop is at the moment is a list of wishes and a hand held out for money.  Give it some time before you start asking for warning labels to keep the riff-raff out.

Hand held out for money indeed. I'm always leery of an mmo when the developers are begging for money to help get the game finished, pre-orders sure I can do that but flat out begging for $25-$3000 for a package deal is crazy. I hope it ends up being a good sandbox, but begging for money is not exactly making me wanna try it out.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

And they say GW2 fanbois are crazy.

Temper those xpectations sir!

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

I am not a beilever in saving people form themselves there will be morons in any game you play, best you can do is put up some stickies on the official forums and if people don't take the time to edjucate themselves than too bad , personally i ignore a ton of stuff that goes on in general chat. Plus i am the kind of grump who mutes people that troll in chat etc.

As long as i can get with a guild that has similar goals in mind as i do , and isn't full of a bunch of D bags than i am happy. The masses can do whatever they do in games.