Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should MMORPG.com also cover MMORTS games?

MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755

Should MMORPG.COM also cover MMORTS games like End of Nations or The Settlers?

Cheers

Odin

Comments

• It already covers games that aren't even MMOs, so why not?
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    They are mmos, hell half the mmorpgs on mmorpg.com lack the rpg part.
  • KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    I thought they already did?  Or did they move they actual articles over to rtsguru?
  • ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Isn't that what RTSGuru.com is for?
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    they already do.  scroll down on the main page.
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Isnt that what rtsguru is for?

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    RTSguru covers RTS games, but not MMORTS or browser rts whatever you call them. Its gonna be a while before Europe Universalis become an MMO game i think :)
  • ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Originally posted by Mitara
    RTSguru covers RTS games, but not MMORTS or browser rts whatever you call them. Its gonna be a while before Europe Universalis become an MMO game i think :)

They do actually, for example Age of Empires Online, Might and Magic: Heroes Kingdom, Stronghold Kingdoms, Illyriad and look, they even have Settlers Online etc...

When they talk about a game that has an online feature its usually cross posted in MMORPG.com under the News section.

Speaking of End of Nations, they have tons of articles about it. So RTSGuru.com does cover all of those and more.

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531
    Honestly , they got enough trash RPG's listed here , they should cover some RTS , because let's face it , RTS is the genre with the most potential that hasn't been tapped in yet.   RPG's have been saturated to the point where we don't give a damn about new releases anymore because we all know how the game will end up being : Click NPC > Get quest > Kill 5 mofos > return for reward > repeat.   So yeah.

AbRaquel, my point was that the covering is not focus thus games like Europa Universalis comes on on that site too.

The whole point of MMORPG is to have a focused coverage of MMORPGs and the question is should they expand to also have MMORTS.

• nethervoidnethervoid Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Dude Diablo 3's on here. They might as well add all games now IMO.

nethervoid - Est. '97
    [UO|EQ|SB|SWG|PS|HZ|EVE|NWN|WoW|VG|DF|SWTOR|SotA|BDO]
    24k subs YouTube Gaming channel

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    They should just change the www.mmorpg.com name to something like www.mmo.com and cover all mmos on 1 site. No need for 3 when mostly everyone is here.
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Well there is ALREADY too much not mmorpg hell even non mmo (at all)  games out here, so while I am one small non-important user I will state my stance: I am alrady "this close" to leaving mmorpg.com site precisely because it has became mmo general instaed of mmorpg site and mmorpg's are what interest me and I prefer to stay focused. 

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by nethervoid
    Dude Diablo 3's on here. They might as well add all games now IMO.

All games? How about just online ones?

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Kaneth

More than half lack the MMO part too.

This site already covers so called MMORTS games, like Age of Empires Online, which, by ALL accounts, aren't MMOs. (you can only ever play with up to 4 players)

It sounds like the majority here feels that MMORPG.com has been washed out and is not focused enough no more, is that right? So the real question should be if MMORPG should clean their list of games up and only do MMORPGs and perhaps make dedicated sites for the other types of games.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

I expected the purists to come out of the woodwork and give their bitter opinion about this topic, and they did not fail.

They already cover those titles, I think.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Originally posted by Mitara

It sounds like the majority here feels that MMORPG.com has been washed out and is not focused enough no more, is that right? So the real question should be if MMORPG should clean their list of games up and only do MMORPGs and perhaps make dedicated sites for the other types of games.

Majority do not post their opinions and even greater majority haven't even read this thread yet. Usually those voicing their opinion represent some extreme, whereas the moderate are often under-represented. For good or bad, because of the Internet, minority views are more pronounced.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

MMORPGs have evolved into an entire MMO platform of a multiple genres. This site chould have remained insular and short-sighted by reporting only on MMORPGs and nothing else, or they could have grown and evolved with the industry. They did the latter.

If it's any consolation, the remaining purists of the MMO community seem to be heavily concentrated here, so whenever you want to only discuss real MMORPGs and talk with true MMORPG fans you can easily do so.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

They already do, this topic has been discussed at leangh, Mike B has commented himself on many different threads about why the cover mmorts. 

Heck half the games on this site do not even come close to being an mmorpg.  

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Kaneth

Virtually all of them, in fact.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Originally posted by Mitara

There are games being covered here that are neither MMO nor RPG. While I don't mind such games, it's just kind of odd to cover them on a site called mmorpg.com.

It's like making a site called firstpersonshootergames.com and covering StarCraft 2.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

They seriously need to look into changing their domain name or adding more domains to it.  Very easy to do.

www.mmo.com or something like that.  Make mmorpg.com a section or link to the RPG section.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

MMORPGs have evolved into an entire MMO platform of a multiple genres. This site should have remained insular and short-sighted by reporting only on MMORPGs and nothing else, or they could have grown and evolved with the industry. They did the latter.

If it's any consolation, the remaining purists of the MMO community seem to be heavity concentrated here, so whenever you want to only discuss real MMORPGs and talk with true MMORPG fans you can easily do so.

Well not only MMO's also non-mmo lobby multiplayer games like LoL, Wot or D3.

As for purists.  It is not only place with so called 'purists' there are other sites with significant amount of 'us' out there.